Patrick name meaning
On This Page
What does Patrick mean?
Persistent and Loved Patrick substantially is used in Norwegian, German, Icelandic, Gaelic, Swedish, Greenlandic, Irish, English, French, Danish and Finnish is a gender-neutral name which came from Latin, meaning of Patrick is "Nobleman, Patrician or Noblewoman".
Patrick is English form of Patricius. Patrick is celebrated on March 17th.
Is Patrick a suitable baby name?
Patrick is a classic baby boy name that has been popular for many centuries. It has Latin roots and means 'Son of Patrick', making it a name with strong family ties.
One of the unique aspects of the name Patrick is its association with nobility, as it was historically used to refer to members of the patrician class in ancient Rome. This makes it an ideal choice for parents who want to bestow their child with a sense of dignity and prestige.
Additionally, its popularity over time has led to many famous people bearing this name, further cementing its reputation as a timeless and enduring choice for any baby boy.
How do I pronounce Patrick?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Patrick as pat-rik.
Variants of Patrick
Nicknames for Patrick
If you are looking for a nickname for a baby named Patrick, There are plenty of choices
How popular is the name Patrick?
Patrick was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 677358 babies have been named Patrick since 1880. At its zenith in 1964, it ranked 30th when 14704 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However after 233 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names an astonishing 50 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales with over 14854 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
When at its peak in 1996, it ranked 66th when 1039 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 100 baby names 10 times Also, Patrick was a popular name in Ireland.
Over 48724 babies have been named Patrick since 1964. At its zenith in 1964, 2281 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 2nd position. However after 56 years, the name is on free fall on the charts.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 23 times Also, Patrick was an extremely popular name in France. Over 395041 babies have been given the first name in 110 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 1956, the moniker grabbed the 2nd spot and 21352 baby boys were given the name. However after 110 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 12 times Also, Patrick was among the popular names in Denmark. Since emerging in 1989 around 5981 babies have been given the first name.
When at its peak in 1990, it ranked 23rd when 512 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. After 16 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 16 times
In Switzerland, Patrick was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 2269 babies.
At the peak of its usage in 1998,. However after 21 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Patrick was a common name in New South Wales.
Over 12960 babies have been named Patrick since 1952. When at its peak in 1994,. However after 67 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Also, Patrick was a common name in Queensland. Over 5768 babies have been named Patrick since 1960. When at the peak of its usage in 1998,. However after 59 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Also, Patrick is a common name in Victoria given to over 2077 babies in 12 years. Recently peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 24th spot and 206 baby boys were given the name.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 12 times
Patrick is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 285 on boy names chart when 35 babies were named Patrick. Over 416 babies in Belgium have been named Patrick. However things change on global perspective, Patrick is extremely popular in Uganda where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, DR Congo, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa and England.
Also the baby name is popular in Madagascar, Malawi, Ghana, Canada, Zambia, Rwanda, Germany, Tanzania, Netherlands, Sierra Leone, Burundi, Congo, Philippines, Zimbabwe, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Haiti, Sudan, Northern Ireland, Brazil, Australia, Malaysia, Liberia, Papua New Guinea, Chad, Scotland, Austria, Mozambique, Gabon, Jamaica, Togo, Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Sri Lanka, Poland, Ethiopia, New Zealand and Egypt.
At least, 4220000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Patrick in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Patrick?
People often mistake you for a fool but you always find an indirect way to prove them wrong. Just listen to your heart when it comes to people instead of your doubtful attitude. You are an amazing, intelligent, and worthy person even if not everyone sees it. Having no 5 as your personality number represents your extraordinary personality and creativity. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go.
Other names similar to Patrick, for would be moms
- Zdenka - The curious girl name Zdenka is used in Czech, Zdenka means "Woman from Sidon" is rooted from Latin
- Urbaine - Boy name Urbaine is used prevalently in French. It is rooted from Latin, Urbaine means "City Dweller"
- Markas - Odd boy name Markas has its origin in Latin, meaning of Markas is "Dedicated to Mars (The Roman God of War) and God of War Mars Ordained". Markas is a resultant of Markus.
- Lucien - Dominant and Perennial unisex name Lucien is used notably in French and Finnish, meaning of Lucien is "The Bright, Shining or Daylight Babies" is rooted from Old Greek and Latin
- Solideo primarily is used in Italian is originated from Latin, meaning of Solideo is "Only for God" is a baby boy name
Middle names for Patrick
Possible options for a child named Patrick include these familiar and atypical middle names:
View more middle names that goes with Patrick.
Famous people named Patrick
- Patrick Pye, sculptor, painter and stained glass artist
- Patrick Anson, 5th Earl of Lichfield, English photographer from the Anson family
- Patrick Tilley, British science fiction author best
- Patrick Lane, Canadian poet
- Patrick Cockburn, Irish journalist
- Patrick Meik, English civil engineer and part of a minor engineering dynasty
- Patrick Gordon, general and rear admiral in Russia
- Patrick Tam, Hong Kong film director and film editor
- Patrick Guerriero, founding partner of Civitas Public Affairs Group
- Patrick Nuttgens, English architect and academic
- Patrick Trevor-Roper, British eye surgeon
- Patrick Tonyn, British General
- Patrick Duffy, economist and Labour Party politician
- Patrick Campbell, 3rd Baron Glenavy, Irish journalist
- Patrick Maclellan of Bombie, Sheriff of Galloway, then the head of his family, the Clan MacLellan
- Patrick Miller of Dalswinton, Scottish banker
- Patrick John, Prime Minister of Dominica as well as the Premier of Dominica
- Patrick Esposito Di Napoli, musician and member of the Quebec musical band Les Colocs
- Patrick Duigenan, son of a Leitrim Catholic farmer surnamed Ó Duibhgeannáin
- Patrick Magruder, second Librarian of the United States Congress
- Patrick O'Donnell, Irish Fine Gael politician and Teachta Dála for over twenty years
- Patrick R. Chalmers, Irish writer, who worked as a banker
- Patrick Matthew, Scottish grain merchant, fruit farmer, forester
- Patrick Yandall, smooth jazz guitarist
- Patrick J. Hearden, Professor of History at Purdue University
- Patrick MacDowell, Belfast-born British sculptor operating through the 19th century
- Patrick Chappatte, Lebanese-Swiss cartoonist
- Patrick Coveney, Roman Catholic Archbishop
- Patrick Levar, former alderman of the 45th ward of the City of Chicago
- Patrick Hamilton, English playwright and novelist
- Patrick Fraser Tytler, Scottish advocate and historian
- Patrick Tilon, Dutch musician
- Patrick Rodger, Anglican bishop and ecumenist
- Patrick Gaubert, Member of the European Parliament for the Île-de-France through 2009
- Patrick Wilson, noted librarian
- Patrick Hepburn, 1st Earl of Bothwell, was Lord High Admiral of Scotland
- Patrick Hepburn, 1st Lord Hailes, feudal lord of Hailes and its castle
- Patrick Short, Roman Catholic priest
- Patrick Moore, English amateur astronomer
- Patrick Joseph Hayes, American Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church
- Patrick Michaels, American climatologist
- Patrick Blackett, British experimental physicist
- Patrick Geddes, Scottish biologist, sociologist, geographer
- Patrick Baudry, retired Lieutenant Colonel
- Patrick G. Forrester, retired United States Army officer and a NASA astronaut
- Patrick John Ryan, Irish-born prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Patrick Feehan, Irish-born American Catholic bishop
- Patrick Steptoe, British obstetrician and gynaecologist and a pioneer of fertility treatment
- Patrick Bateson, English biologist and science writer
- Patrick J. Keeling, biologist and professor
- Patrick White, Australian writer who,
- Patrick Abercromby, Scottish physician and antiquarian
- Patrick Macnee, English-American film and television actor
- Patrick Troughton, English actor
- Patrick Stewart, English actor whose work has included roles on stage
- Patrick Leigh Fermor, British author, scholar
- Patrick Henry, American attorney, planter, and orator well
- Patrick O'Brian, English novelist and translator, best
- Patrick Hillery, Irish Fianna Fáil politician
- Patrick McDonnell, cartoonist, author and playwright
- Patrick Caulfield, English painter and printmaker
- Patrick Vieira, French professional football head coach and former player
Lists having Patrick
- Boys names beginning with P
- Girls names beginning with P
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -rick
- Girl names that starts with Pat
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2004)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2005)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in France (1985)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2006)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (1996)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2005)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Nobleman
- Baby Names that mean Patrician
- Baby Names that mean Noblewoman