Adriana meaning and origin
Preeminent and In demand Soaring Adriana came from Latin is majorly used in Danish, Norwegian, English, Faroese, Finnish, Swedish and Italian, a gender-neutral name, meaning of Adriana is "Dark and Rich, Woman from Hadria, Adriatic Sea, From Adria, Etruscan, Square Room or The Word Ater Which is of the Meaning Black". Adriana is a feminine variant of Adrianus. Adrianus is a variant form of The Roman Agnomen Hadrianus = Man from the Town Hadria. Adrianus is derivative of Adrian. Adrianus means Adriatic from the Stem End is rooted from Latin. The name is celebrated on September 8th.
Variants of Adriana
Hadrianus, Addi, Ada, Ariane, Ariadne, Ariana, Arianna, Oriana, Dedriana, Deirdre, Dedra, Addei, Addilee, Adabella, Adda, Adalinda, Adah, Adiel, Agda, Arene, Aryanna, Aerian, Aeriana, Orianne, Orania, Dedrianna, Deadra, Dedrah, Kadedra
View middle names that goes with Adriana like Tia, Valentina, Gracie, Gabrielle, Tina, Estelle,Names that rhyme with Adriana
Popularity of Adriana
Adriana was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1888 around 89583 babies have been given the given name. When at the peak of its usage in 2006, it ranked 106th when 3095 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 146 years but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names a staggering 50 times Also, Adriana was a popular name in Spain. Over 26782 babies have been named Adriana since 2002. When at its peak in 2010, it ranked 16th when 2437 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 17 years but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 17 times
In England and Wales, Adriana was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 1206 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2017,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years. Also, A common name in France with over 2969 new-borns have been given the name since 1910. Currently the name is rising, in 2000, 166 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 313rd position.
Adriana is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 113 on girl names chart when 64 babies were given the name Adriana. Over 1005 people have been named Adriana in Switzerland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 200 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 168 on girl names chart when 82 babies were given the name Adriana. Over 328 babies in Netherlands have been named Adriana.
Adriana is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 297 on girl names chart when 35 babies were named Adriana. There are over 439 babies that have been given the name Adriana in Belgium. Adriana is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 1986 and achieved its top ranking of 240 in 2011. There are over 170 babies that have been given the name Adriana in Ireland.
However things change on global perspective, Adriana is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Italy. Also the baby name is popular in Romania, Venezuela, Chile, Angola, Ecuador, Indonesia, Poland, Costa Rica, Uruguay, Peru, Mozambique, Bolivia, Slovakia, Portugal, South Africa, Paraguay, Czech Republic, Canada, Guatemala, Dominican Republic and Cuba. As per our research, over 2440000 people has been named Adriana globally.
Adriana in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Adriana
You don't care about how others see you as long as you are feeling good about yourself. Your friends have a hard time decoding your mood. It wouldn't hurt you if you opened your mind and hear different opinions on different matters. You hate the usual 9 to 5 way of working and prefer freelance working instead of a regular job. You don't want to live an ordinary life and be remembered as some other folk who lived and died for nothing.
Do you like Adriana? Other names you would love
- Kamilla - Curious girl name Kamilla is substantially used in Faroese, Arabic and Polish, meaning of Kamilla is "Attendant at a Ritual, The Perfect One or Honorable Births" is rooted from Arabic and Latin
- Enna - Enna's meaning is Edge of a Sword, Terror or Ek Meaning Edge of a Sword is a gender insensitive name has its roots in Latin and Germanic is used in Norwegian and German
- Tonye - Queer girl name Tonye means "That Feeds on Flower and Invaluable" has origin in Latin. Tonye is short form of Antoinette.
- Andes - Of Latin origin, Uncustomary Andes means "Woman from the Andes" is used as a unisex name
- Antonine - Meaning of Antonine is Who Eats Flower used for both boys and girls has its origin in Greek and Latin is used principally in Danish and Norwegian
Namesakes of Adriana
- Adriana Porter, alleged witch
- Adriana Diaz, American television journalist, currently based
- Adriana Marines, Mexican-American girl
- Adriana Cataño, American actress and television host
- Adriana Lavat, Mexican actress and television host
- Adriana Aizemberg, Argentine film and television actress
- Adriana Ferrarese del Bene, Italian operatic soprano
- Adriana Delpiano, Chilean politician
- Adriana de Barros, Portuguese and Canadian illustrator, web designer
- Adriana Pirtea, Romanian American long-distance runner
- Adriana Maraž, Slovene graphic artist
- Adriana Calcanhotto, Brazilian singer and composer
- Adriana Lima, Brazilian model and actress
- Adriana Karembeu, Slovak fashion model and actress
- Adriana Iliescu, retired Romanian university lecturer and author of children's novels
- Adriana Caselotti, American actress, voice actress and singer
- Adriana Molinari, former beauty pageant winner, stripper,
- Adriana Volpe, Italian television presenter, model and actress
- Adriana Evans, American R&B soul singer-songwriter
- Adriana Behar, is one of the most outstanding volleyball players of her generation
- Adriana Melo, Brazilian comic book artist and penciller
- Adriana Fonseca, Mexican actress and dancer
- Adriana Xenides, Australian television presenter, former model
- Adriana Louvier, Mexican television actress and presenter
- Adriana Bazon, retired Romanian rower
- Adriana Trigiani, Italian American best-selling author of sixteen books
- Adriana Prieto, Brazilian actress
- Adriana Varela, Argentine tango singer
- Adriana Basile, Italian composer and singer
- Adriana Fernández, long-distance runner from México
- Adriana Barraza, Mexican actress, acting teacher, and director
- Adriana Samuel, Brazilian volleyball and beach volleyball player,
- Adriana Asti, Italian theatre, film, and voice actress
- Adriana Ozores, Spanish actress
- Adriana Gerši, former professional tennis player
- Adriana Domínguez in Noviembre as Actress
- Adriana Russo in Non aver paura della zia Marta as Actress
- Adriana Arango in El Estilista as Actress
- Adriana Romero in No Pongas Tus Puercas Manos Sobre Mi as Actress
- Adriana Hickmann in 11 Mulheres e Nenhum Segredo as Actress
- Adriana Giannari in Things You Don't Know as Actress
- Adriana Mocca in Ils as Actress
- Adriana Kaegi in Against All Odds as Actress
- Adriana Basquez in Donna as Actress
- Adriana Lamar Amparo Gutié rrez Hernández best known as Adriana Lamar was an actress of Mexican origin in the 30s and 40s, and the first wife of the director, producer, and actor Ramé n Pereda.
- Actor Adriana Acosta, known for movie El Arribo de Conrado Sierra
- Adriana Aguirre characterized central character of N in 1975 comedy, musical film Los chiflados del batallón.
- In 2005 comedy movie, Hercules in Hollywood, Adriana Alexander played Athena.
- Adriana Altaras, from 2000 comedy, drama film Paradiso - Sieben Tage mit sieben Frauen, who characterized the Lulu.
- Adriana Ambesi, from 1964 horror flick La cripta e l'incubo, who portrayed the Laura Karnstein.
- Adriana Bogdan, from 1967 drama, romance flick Mamaia, who characterized Nana.
- Adriana Davidova, from 2004 drama film Síndrome, who played the Ana and Victor's ex-girlfriend.
- Adriana Roel characterized the vital character of Adriana Green in 1965 action and adventure film El asesino invisible.
- Adriana Rojas played central character of Yolanda in 1990 thriller film El maletin de la muerte.
- Adriana Salgueiro characterized the leading role of segment "La dama del Rolls" in 1987 comedy flick Los taxistas del humor.
- In 1944 drama movie, La prigione, Adriana Serra played Maria.
- In 1984, Adriana Tarábková characterized the role of princezna Anna in comedy and drama film Král Drozdia Brada.
- In 2005, Adriana Argüelles played the role of N in drama and fantasy film La dama que llora.
- Adriana Ferreyr characterized leading role of Amanda In fantasy, sci-fi flick Down Earth.
- Adriana Ugarte characterized the central role of Julieta Joven in 2016 drama and mystery film Julieta.
- Adriana Abujamra, from 1987 drama film Quincas Borba, who played the N.
- Adriana Costamagna played central character of Rosalie in 1913 movie La morte civile.
- Adriana Vacarezza, from 1988 comedy movie Ángeles, who played N.
- Adriana Vergani characterized pivotal role of Yseult in 1919 movie Friquet.
- Adriana Parvu played the important character of Viorica Catuna in 2009 documentary film Invingatorii.
- Adriana Alves portrayed the central character of Ana Deusqueira in 2010 drama, thriller flick O Último Voo do Flamingo.
Lists having Adriana
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -riana
- Baby Names that mean Dark
- Baby Names that mean Rich
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Adriatic
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Adria
- Baby Names that mean Black