Rhoda name meaning
On This Page
What does Rhoda mean?
Celebrated and All time favorite unisex name Rhoda means "Greek for Rose" commonly used in Swedish, Gujarati, Danish, English, Faroese, Kannada, Norwegian and Finnish has origin in Greek and Old Greek. Rhoda is form of The Greek Name ‘Ροδη in Latin language.
How is Rhoda as a baby name Interesting choice, and the one that may appear harsh at the beginning, Rhoda is actually a name that carries the meaning that is not only feminine but surprising.
Rhoda literally means rose, so if you're looking for a name that is different from the rest, yet still delicate and gentle at its core, then Rhoda is the name you should consider, not only for the striking letter arrangement.
Rhoda is powerful but at the same time, it's one of those names which leaves you mystified once you hear it, and that's why it's such an unusual choice to reflect on.
How do I pronounce Rhoda?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Rhoda is r-hoda. The name can also be pronounced as rho-da.
Variants of RhodaNames that rhyme with Rhoda
How popular is the name Rhoda?
Rhoda was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 25673 babies have been given the given name. At the peak of its usage in 1881, the moniker grabbed the 159th spot and 547 baby girls were given the name.
But after 140 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names an astounding 70 times
Rhoda is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000.
Over 143 babies in England and Wales have been named Rhoda. Also, in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and achieved its top most rank of 252 in 1975.
Rhoda is a rare baby name in France where it may not be used now. But Rhoda is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Malawi, Tanzania, Ghana, Philippines, Kenya, Zimbabwe, South Sudan, Zambia, Sudan and Uganda.
As per our estimate, over 290000 people has been named Rhoda globally.
Here's what numbers has to say about Rhoda
You are undoubtedly a born leader. Number 3 as a personality no represents creativity, passion, extravagance, and positivity. You can't stand people without a purpose. Our advice to you "Fake it until you make it." Having this letter as your capstone reveals your self-consumption and self-absorption. You are a blending mix of creativity and brains. You can't stand being imprisoned by your feelings for someone. You would rather pretend that you don't have them.
Looking for a name like Rhoda? Please go through the following names
- Dorothe - Unorthodox Dorothe came from Old Greek is specifically used in Finnish and Danish used as a baby girl name, meaning of Dorothe is "Gift of God"
- Nicasio - Odd boy name Nicasio is of Old Greek origin, meaning of Nicasio is "Victorious One"
- Tesia means Friend of God or One who Loves God is used predominantly in English and Polish used for girls has its origin in Old Greek
- Dayman - Meaning of Dayman is Conqueror and Fertility is rooted from Old Greek is aimed at baby boys. Dayman is resulted from Damian.
- Jekaterina means The Pure has its origin in Old Greek and a baby girl name is principally used in Finnish, Danish and Swedish
Famous people named Rhoda
- Rhoda Wise, American Catholic stigmatist and mystic
- Rhoda Billings, American lawyer and a former justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court
- Rhoda Bubendey Métraux, prominent anthropologist
- Rhoda Scott, American soul jazz organist
- Rhoda S. Jacobs, American politician from New York
- Rhoda Truax, American author
- Rhoda Jordan, actor and screenwriter
- Rhoda Bulter, Shetland author
- Rhoda Levine, opera director, choreographer
- Rhoda Broughton, Welsh novelist and short story writer
- Rhoda Shipman, American comic book writer
- Rhoda Grant, Scottish Labour and Co-operative Party politician
- Rhoda Holmes Nicholls, English-American watercolor and oil painter,
- Rhoda Griffis, American actress
- Rhoda Montemayor, British actress and dancer of Filipino heritage
- Rhoda Williams, American actress
- Rhoda Lewis in The Offence as Actress
- Rhoda Baldwin in Robert Hearts Miss Ing as Actress
- Rhoda Pell in Confessions of a Self-Hating Jew as Actress
- Rhoda Gemignani in General Hospital as Actress
- Rhoda Kaindl acted in TV series Die Motorrad-Cops: Hart am Limit
Lists having Rhoda
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Greek
- Baby Names that mean Rose