Elin name meaning
On This Page
What does Elin mean?
Illustrous and Venerable unisex name Elin came from Old French, Old Greek and Welsh which is mainly used in Welsh, Swedish, Danish, Old Norse, English, Faroese, Scandinavian, Finnish, Norwegian and Nordic languages, meaning of Elin is "The Torch, Shining or Angel".
Elin is variation of eternal and darling Eileen. Eileen is a form of commonly accepted and evergreen Helen. Eileen is English form of Eibhlin. Also Eileen is English equivalent of Eibhlin.
Widely Accepted and Venerable Eileen has its origin in Old French and Irish, Eileen means "Aveline and Eveline". Elin is variant form of everlasting and preeminent Ellen. Ellen is variant form of HelenHelen.
Also Ellen is variation of cherished and conifer Eleonora. Ellen is also variation of Its Variants. Ellen is also a variant form of acclaimed and evergreen Helene. Ellen is also variation of biblical, long standing and darling Gabriella.
Ellen is equivalent of Helene in English language. Also Ellen is form of Ellend in Norwegian language. Meaning of Ellen is The Word Helios Meaning Sun, Moon and Shining is originated from Old Greek and Old Provençal.
Elin is variation of loved and enduring Helen. Helen is English form of Helene. Helen's meaning is Basket, Bright One Shining One and The Torch is rooted from Old Greek and English.
Also Elin is equivalent of Elina in Nordic language.
How does Elin sound as a baby name?
Elin is a popular baby girl name that has gained attention due to its unique sound and origin. The name originated in Dutch culture and holds the meaning of 'sunbeam,' which is reflective of its bright and cheerful connotation.
Elin is a short yet powerful name that is easy to pronounce, making it an ideal choice for parents seeking simplicity in their child's name. It also has a timeless appeal, ensuring that it won't go out of style anytime soon.
Additionally, Elin pairs beautifully with a wide range of middle names, allowing parents to further personalize their child's moniker. Overall, Elin is an excellent option for parents looking for a classic yet modern baby girl name with Dutch roots and positive associations.
How do I pronounce Elin?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Elin is e-lin.
Variants of Elin
Elen, Eileen, Ellen, Helen, Eleanor, Aibhilin, Aveline, Eibhlin, Ailee, Eyleen, Alene, Eleonora, Helene, Gabriella, Ellend, Eline, Maryellen, Ellenmarie, Elle, Leona, Ilene, Helenmarie, Eliana, Eliyahu, Eliane, Elina, Selene, Eilen, Leni, Leny, Eleonore, Helena, EleenaNames that rhyme with Elin
How popular is the name Elin?
a popular name in Sweden with over 10279 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2002, the moniker grabbed the 2nd spot and 1084 baby girls were given the name.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 5 baby names 5 times A common name in United States having over 4431 recievers in 128 years of usage. When at its peak in 2011, it ranked 661st when 428 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Also, Elin was a common name in England and Wales. Over 1854 babies have been named Elin since 1996. At the peak of its usage in 1999,. After 23 years, the name has past its prime.
Also, Elin is a common name in Switzerland given to over 2564 babies in 20 years. At its zenith in 2010, it ranked 16th when 241 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Also, Elin is a common name in Netherlands given to over 1743 babies in 5 years. Recently peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 27th spot and 365 baby girls were given the name.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times
In Belgium, Elin is a unique name where it has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 400 names.
In 2011, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 355 on girl names chart when 29 babies were named Elin. Over 279 babies in Belgium have been named Elin. The first name is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 34 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 800.
There are over 192 babies that have been given the name Elin in France.
But Elin is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 7000 have the name as well as in Norway.
At least, 110000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Elin in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Elin
Your life dream is to become a role model and inspire people. You are highly resourceful and respectful around people who value honesty, justice, and dreams. You are good at envisioning projects and develop them on your own. You are creative by soul and like to amaze people with your unusual actions. You push yourself to your limits and beyond. You are persistent but without motivation, you won't accomplish anything.
Looking for a name like Elin? Please go through the following names
- Annya - Meaning of Annya is Blossom or Favour came from Hebrew and Old Greek used as a baby girl name is used in Danish, Finnish and Swedish
- Pelle - Dominantly used in Danish and Norwegian darling, Pelle is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Pelle is "The Rock or The Stone" is rooted from Old Greek
- Vasilii - Mainly used in Russian, Vasilii has its origin in Old Greek, meaning of Vasilii is "Kingly or Royal" is a boy name
- Jolane - The odd girl name Jolane came from Old Greek, English and English-American, Jolane means "God will Add and Lene" is notably used in English. Jolane is derived from Jolene.
- Aeson - Rarefied Aeson chiefly is used in English, meaning of Aeson is "Father of Jason in Greek Mythology" which originated from Old Greek is a boy name
Sibling Names for Elin
Welcome to the list of sibling names for Elin. Here, you will find a selection of names that are perfect for siblings of Elin. From classic and vintage names to modern and unique picks – the options are endless. Give your little one the perfect name from this list.
Names for Elin's sister
Brother to Elin
Famous people named Elin
- Elin Kristiansen, former biathlete from Norway
- Elin Nilsen, former Norwegian Cross-country skier
- Elin Lerum Boasson, Norwegian environmentalist and was chairman of Natur og Ungdom
- Elin i Horsnäs, alleged Swedish witch, the most famous witch
- Elin Manahan Thomas, Welsh soprano
- Elin Nordegren, Swedish former model and the ex-wife of professional golfer Tiger Woods
- Elin Grindemyr, Swedish model
- Elin Pelin, is arguably considered Bulgaria’s best narrator of country life
- Elin Jones, Welsh politician, born in Lampeter,
- Elin Topuzakov, former Bulgarian football defender and now manager of Bulgarian side Arda Kardzali
- Elin Bergblom, Swedish badminton player
- Elin Fflur, Welsh singer and songwriter from Wales
- Elin Lanto, Swedish singer
- Elin Ek, radio and television actress
- Elin Wägner, Swedish writer, journalist, feminist, teacher
- Elin Holmlöv, Swedish ice hockey player
- Elin Sogn in Gymnaslærer Pedersen as Actress
- Elin Johansson is a Swedish athlete competing in taekwondo.
- Elin Aaltonen is known for her acting in movie Ihana seikkailu
- Elin Carlzon played central character of Nadja Tagg in 2001 comedy, drama film Jacobs frestelse.
- Elin Gradin portrayed vital character of Clara in 2007 comedy flick Hemsöborna: Väldigt fritt efter Strindberg.
- In 2012, Elin Klinga portrayed the role of Ida in drama film Jävla pojkar.
- In 1999 comedy, drama film, Bye Bye Blue Bird, Elin K. Mouritsen portrayed Barba's mother.
- In 2005, Elin Gunnarsdotter Sandvik portrayed the role of Siri in comedy, drama film Sinus.
- In 2012 drama and history flick, Tähtitaivas talon yllä, Elin Petersdottir portrayed Salla.
Lists having Elin
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Welsh Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Eli
- Boy names that ends with -lin
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (1976)
- Baby Names that mean Torch
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Angel