Rob meaning and origin
Chiefly used in Finnish, English, Swedish, Danish, Hindi, Dutch and Norwegian durable and pleasing, Rob is originated from Old High German and Germanic is a baby boy name, meaning of Rob is "Bright with Fame, Form of Robert or Glorious Shining". Rob is form of customary and ceaseless Bob. Bob is short of Robert. Bob is English form of Robert. Also Bob is English form of Rob;Robert. Meaning of Bob is Fame, Glorious Shining and Bright Famous One is originated from Old High German and Germanic. Rob is abridged form of Robert. Robert is variation of Hrōdebert. Robert is German and Low German cognate of Rupert. Robert means Bright Famous One and Robert Burns the Poet is originated from Old High German and Germanic.
Variants of Rob
View middle names that goes with Rob like Bary, Ernst, Green,Names that rhyme with Rob
Popularity of Rob
a popular name in United States with over 8715 new-borns have been given the name since 1884. At its zenith in 1963, 553 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 334th position. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 500 baby names 15 times Rob is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today. However things change on global perspective, Rob is extremely popular in Netherlands where every 1 in 200 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Canada and Mozambique. As per our evaluation, over 260000 babies have been bestowed Rob around the globe.
Rob in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Rob
Break free from your comfort zone. Perhaps you should take it easy and allow yourself to question things. You act responsibly when involving other people in your actions. You are a born artist even if you won't admit it. You have a strong attitude about many things and stand firmly behind your beliefs and opinions. You have to pay attention to your surroundings and the people you hang out with.
Go through the following names similar to Rob
- Kliefe - Kliefe's meaning is From the Cliff and Cliff used for boys is originated from Dutch. Kliefe is resulted from Kleef.
- Everarda - Everarda's meaning is Strong Like a Boar is used in Dutch has its roots in Old High German is given to girls
- Christiaan - Rare boy name Christiaan came from Latin, Christiaan means "Diminutive of Christian or Follower of Christ" is notably used in Dutch and English
- Vaast means Guest or Stranger is a baby boy name specifically used in Dutch has origin in Old High German
- Anike means He (God) Was Gracious used for baby girls and of Hebrew origin is used commonly in Norwegian, Danish and Dutch
Namesakes of Rob
- Rob Hubbard, British composer best
- Rob Storey, former New Zealand politician
- Rob Davis, English guitarist and songwriter
- Rob Richie, executive director of FairVote, a non-profit organization that researches and advocates election reforms that increase voter turnout
- Rob Kampia, co-founder of the Marijuana Policy Project and the National Cannabis Industry Association
- Rob Schmidt, American film director and writer
- Rob Bowman, Canadian Grammy-award-winning professor of ethnomusicology and a music writer
- Rob Barel, athlete from the Netherlands
- Rob Styles, English football Referee
- Rob Moodie, New Zealand lawyer and former police officer and politician
- Rob Knight, former Australian politician
- Rob Gonsalves, Canadian painter of magic realism
- Rob Janoff, American graphic designer of corporate logos and identities
- Rob Roberge, American writer, guitarist, singer
- Rob Penny, African-American playwright, poet, social activist
- Rob Feenie, Canadian chef based in Vancouver, British Columbia
- Rob Winger, Ontario-born poet and educator
- Rob Donn, Scottish Gaelic poet from Sutherland
- Rob Reckers, field hockey player from the Netherlands
- Rob Milanese, former American football wide receiver/cornerback
- Rob Nichols, American association executive and former public official
- Rob Babcock, former Vice President of Basketball Operations with the Minnesota Timberwolves of the NBA
- Rob Oudkerk, Dutch politician and general practitioner
- Rob Brough, Australian journalist
- Rob Bell, Bell Jr
- Rob Freeman, is currently the guitarist
- Rob Carter, American professor of typography and graphic design at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Rob Gell, geomorphologist and weather presenter
- Rob Frazier, Christian artist, musician, songwriter, producer
- Rob Harris, Canadian curler
- Rob Lacey, British actor
- Rob Thrasher, nytimes
- Rob Edwards, English actor
- Rob Heydon, Canadian film producer and director of television series
- Rob Enderle, American technology analyst
- Rob McCaffrey, British television presenter
- Rob Hawthorne, English football commentator
- Rob Green, film director, producer, editor and screenwriter
- Rob Rainford, Canadian chef
- Rob King, has composed the music for the Heroes of Might and Magic and the Might and Magic series
- Rob Gerrand, Australian writer of science fiction
- Rob McEwen, Canadian businessman
- Rob Hurtt, Robert S. Hurtt, Jr
- Rob Smith, former field hockey player from Canada,
- Rob James, Canadian singer and songwriter
- Rob Smets, American color commentator for the Professional Bull Riders tour and a former five-time Wrangler World Champion bullfighter
- Rob Krier, Luxembourgian sculptor, architect
- Rob Heyland, British actor turned television writer
- Rob Slater, American mountaineer
- Rob MacLean, Scottish television presenter
- Robin Watkins in Reform School Girls as Actress
- Robyn Alysa Abrams in Jen as Actress
- Robyn Blythe in Deathrow Gameshow as Actress
- Rob Kardashian Robert Arthur Kardashian is a television personality, model and American businessman, known for appearing on the reality show of the E!
- Actor Rob Lowe, renowned for movie Wayne's World
- In 2000, Rob Morrow characterized the role of Lyle Maze in drama, romance movie Maze.
- In 1999, Rob Schneider portrayed the role of Deuce Bigalow in comedy, romance film Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo.
- In 2014 drama flick, The Studio Club, Rob Adams portrayed Brenton Troy.
- In 2000 horror film, Party Crasher: My Bloody Birthday, Rob Boyd portrayed Bill Campbell.
- In 2008, Rob Brown characterized the role of Ernie Davis in biography and drama movie The Express.
- Rob Brydon, from 2010 comedy, drama flick The Trip, who characterized the Rob Brydon.
- In 1997 action and comedy film, Bleak Future, Rob Cunningham characterized Doctor Obvious.
- Rob Elk portrayed the role of Bob FInhead in comedy flick Bob's Holiday Office Party.
- In 1988, Rob Hartley portrayed the role of Black Alice in comedy and musical film Sons of Steel.
- In 1989, Rob Kaman characterized the role of Raton in action, sport movie Bloodfist.
- Rob Nilsson, from 1987 drama movie Heat and Sunlight, who played the Mel Hurley.
- In 2002 crime and drama film, Road to Perdition, Rob Maxey portrayed Drugstore Owner.
- In 2002 adventure and drama movie, The Wild, Rob Dean portrayed Jeremy.
- Rob Carr, from 2001 horror flick Victoria's Shadow, who played the Funeral mourner.
- In 2008, Rob Brock characterized the role of Nathan Porl in comedy flick Drowning in Actors.
- Rob Lowenhaupt characterized the important character of Lyle in 2003 drama movie Scopophilia.
- Rob Aston portrayed the key role of Cop #3 in 2006 animation and comedy film Live Freaky Die Freaky.
- Rob Haswell, from 2017 biography and comedy movie The Way to Andina, who played Immigration Reporter.
- Rob Hamm, from 2005 horror film Beach Demons, who characterized Paul.
- In 2006, Rob Faraldi played the role of Old Zombie in horror movie Zombies by Design.
- In 2011, Rob Oldfield played the role of Jonesy in action and horror movie World of the Dead: The Zombie Diaries.
- In 2009, Rob Botts portrayed the role of Cpl. Ray Kapler in drama, war flick A Line in the Sand.
- Rob Batie, from 2005 drama movie American Skin 2: Eagles Gathering, who portrayed the CIA Agent.
- Rob Jerram, from 2005 drama flick Little Bits of Light, who played the Alex.
- Rob Dale, from 2011 drama movie The Girl Who Wasn't Missing, who characterized N.
- Rob Seitelman, from 2008 horror film Case File #264889, who portrayed the N.
- Rob Kent, from 2004 crime, drama movie Idleheist, who played Marshall.
- Rob Holmes portrayed leading role of Search Party Member in 2007 thriller film Dismal.
- Rob Clutton, from 2007 music movie Duality of Self, who played the String Bass.
- In 2005, Rob Braddock Jr. characterized the role of N in comedy, drama movie Sex and Guilt... a Man's Tale.
Lists having Rob
- Boy names beginning with R
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Dutch Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Hindi Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Indian Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Fame
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Famous
- Baby Names that mean Ruler
- Baby Names that mean Glorious