Lia name meaning
On This Page
What does Lia mean?
Well-Known unisex name Lia has its origin in Latin and Hebrew, meaning of Lia is "Bringer of Good News, Dependence, Hard Working, Industrious, Wealthy, Wild Cow, Weary,Tired or Lioness" is principally used in Greek, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Russian, Latin, Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, English, Hebrew, Italian, German and French.
Lia is variant form of trendy Li. Li is form of Names Ending with -Li, -Lia, -Lie, -Liia, -Liija, -Lija. Also Li is form of Names Beginning with Li-. Li is also form of Names Containing a Stressed -Li- In the Middle of the Name, Especially Elisabet.
Meaning of Li is Logic, Strength and Power is originated from Mandarin and Chinese. Lia is derived from Léa. Customary Léa is used in French came from Latin and Hebrew, Léa means "Weary,Tired, Wild Cow and Lioness"..
Also Lia is Greek and Italian equivalent of Evangelia. Also Lia is French and Italian equivalent of Leah. Also Lia is Italian equivalent of Rosalia. The name is celebrated on March 22.
How do I pronounce Lia?
The proper pronunciation of one syllabled Lia is LEE-uh. There should be emphasis on first LEE syllable while speaking. Some people pronounce it as lee-ah or lia.
Variants of LiaNames that rhyme with Lia
How popular is the name Lia?
Lia is a popular name in United States given to over 19359 babies in 76 years. Currently the name is hotter than ever, 1310 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 246th position.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names 11 times Lia used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 2115 babies have been given the name in 23 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2002,. After 23 years, the name has past its prime. Also, Lia is a common name in France given to over 3691 babies in 32 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 2017, it ranked 185th when 343 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However things change on global perspective, Lia is extremely popular in Indonesia where every 1 in 2000 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Georgia, Netherlands, Italy, Argentina and Russia. As per our research, over 320000 people has been named Lia globally.
Lia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Lia?
Don't live to work. Work to live. You like your freedom and independence. People see you as their leader because of your attitude, determination, and creative thinking. The law of attraction is something you admire and use when it comes to achieving your goals. Work on your personal progress. Our advice to you "Fake it until you make it." There's not a problem you cannot solve. You are reliable, trustworthy, and like to do more than you can.
Other names similar to Lia
- Vicki means Conqueror or Victory has its origin in Latin typically bestowed upon both genders is mainly used in Latin and Danish
- Acey - Trendy and Ever lasting unisex name Acey means "Unity, First-rate and Ace" and is used chiefly in English has its origin in Latin language. Acey is short form of Ace.
- Aphra - Girl name Aphra is originated from Hebrew and Arabic, meaning of Aphra is "Colour of Earth or Dust" is used commonly in English and Arabic languages
- Viktoria means The Victor or Inspired By the Old-Roman Goddess of Victory used for girls has its origin in Latin is mostly used in Armenian and Icelandic
- Vérane - The Vérane means "True" is rooted from Latin language
Middle names for Lia
Here are some prevailing and cutesy middle names we think go great with Lia, we've got you covered with these prevailing and cutesy middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Lia.
Famous people named Lia
- Lia Félix, French actress
- Lia Roberts, Romanian and American politician
- Lia Wyler, Brazilian translator
- Lia Menna Barreto, Brazilian studio artist currently based
- Lia Purpura, American poet, writer and educator
- Lia Sargent, American voice actress
- Lia Manoliu, Romanian discus thrower
- Lia Vissi, Greek Cypriot singer, songwriter
- Lia van Leer, pioneer in the field of art film programming and film archiving
- Lia, female Japanese singer-songwriter
- Liana Montoro in Episode #1.1 as Actress
- Actor Lia Amanda, well-known for movie Three Forbidden Stories
- In 1918 drama film, Der Mann im Monde, Lia Borré portrayed N.
- In 1956, Lia Cancellieri portrayed the role of Maria in comedy, musical movie Ci sposeremo a Capri.
- Lia Eibenschütz, from 1922 drama, history flick Nathan der Weise, who characterized the Sittah, seine Schwester.
- In 1961 crime, romance movie, Chiakokona, Lia Eliava portrayed Irma.
- In 1931, Lia Franca characterized the role of Dora Bardi in flick Corte d'Assise.
- Lia Furlin portrayed central character of Liliam in 1981 crime movie Liliam, a Suja.
- In 2002 drama film, António, Um Rapaz de Lisboa, Lia Gama characterized Carmen.
- Lia Golmar played leading character of Laura in 1945 flick Incontro con Laura.
- Lia Hollywood played the main character of Brigite in 1982 film Aluga-se Moças.
- Lia Kapanadze played the leading character of Nina in 2016 drama film Luka.
- Lia Maris, from 1927 drama flick 'O Marenariello, who played the N.
- Lia Reiner portrayed the important role of N in 1962 drama movie Pelle viva.
- Lia Szepes, from 1937 comedy movie Mai lányok, who characterized Hanzéli Zsuzsi.
- Lia Torá, from 1931 drama film Hollywood, ciudad de ensueño, who portrayed the Helen Gordon.
- In 2015 flick, There is a Santa Claus, Lia Moxom played Lia.
- Lia Justus, from 1928 film Ein Wiener Musikantenmädel, who portrayed N.
- In 1961 war movie, Por Um Céu de Liberdade, Lia Cortese portrayed N.
- Lia Brasil characterized crucial role of N in 1924 flick A Sertaneja.
- In 1921, Lia Formia characterized the role of N in flick La principessa Bebè.
- In 1921 flick, Der letzte Mensch, Lia Fein played Tochter Eva.
- In 1930 flick, Zweimal Lux, Lia Hildebrandt characterized N.
- Lia Mastrobuono portrayed the main role of N in 1916 flick Don Giovanni.
- In 2001 drama flick, Odessa Sleeps, Lia Beachy characterized Mystery Woman.
- Lia Thomas, from 1926 flick Napule ca se ne và, who played N.
Lists having Lia
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2017)
- Baby Names that mean Bringer
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Hard
- Baby Names that mean Working
- Baby Names that mean Industrious
- Baby Names that mean Wealthy
- Baby Names that mean Wild
- Baby Names that mean Cow
- Baby Names that mean Lioness