Stephanus meaning and origin
Origin of Stephanus is in Greek and Old Greek is especially used in Swedish, Old SwedishDanish, Old Norse and Finnish is aimed at baby boys. Stephanus is variant of prevailing, biblical and eternal Stephen. Stephen is form of Stephanus in English language. Meaning of Stephen is Crowned, Garland and To Wear a Crown is originated from Old Greek. Stephanus is form of The Greek Name Στεφανος = Crown, Garland in Latin language.
Variants of StephanusNames that rhyme with Stephanus
Popularity of Stephanus
Stephanus is a popular baby name in South Africa where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Indonesia. At least, 30000 people globally have carried Stephanus as their given name according to our findings.
Stephanus in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Stephanus?
And not just at this point but since always. Passion doesn't last much but respect and care do. Not everyone wants to change the world as you do. You should be more careful with your actions. You can hurt people with your recklessness. Difficult times boost your self-confidence, especially when you are having an emotional breakdown and find the courage to make it through the day. With time, people who don't belong near you, walk away.
Looking for a name like Stephanus? Please go through the following names
- Wale - Used principally in Finnish, Danish and Old DanishSwedish, Wale aimed at boys has its origin in Arabic. Wale is Danish equivalent of Váli
- Elísabet - Origin of Elísabet is in Hebrew, meaning of Elísabet is "My God is Abundance or My God has Sworn", used in Danish and Swedish is a baby girl name
- Karita - Karita's meaning is Charity used for baby girls which originated from Latin and Arabic is used mainly in Faroese and Danish
- Thór - Majorly used in Icelandic, Swedish and Finnish eminent, Thór is used for boys. Thór is Icelandic form of Thor
- Sighburgh is form of Sigbiǫrg in Danish language
Namesakes of Stephanus
- Stephanus Brodericus, Croatian–Hungarian bishop, diplomat
- Stephanus Van Cortlandt, first native-born mayor of New York City
- Stephanus Jacobus du Toit, controversial South African nationalist
- Stephanus Schoeman, was State President of the South African Republic
- Stephanus Ackermann, Namibian cricketer