Stephanus name meaning
On This Page
What does Stephanus mean?
Origin of Stephanus is in Greek and Old Greek is especially used in Swedish, Old SwedishDanish, Old Norse and Finnish is aimed at baby boys. Stephanus is variant of prevailing, biblical and eternal Stephen.
Stephen is form of Stephanus in English language. Meaning of Stephen is Crowned, Garland and To Wear a Crown is originated from Old Greek. Stephanus is form of The Greek Name Στεφανος = Crown, Garland in Latin language.
How Stephanus is perceived as a baby name?
Stephanus is a unique name for a baby boy that exudes strength and elegance. Its Greek origin gives it an air of sophistication, while its meaning "garland" suggests a connection to nature and growth.
Stephanus has an old-world charm that sets it apart from more common names, making it a great choice for parents looking for something different. It is a name with character and history that can carry your child through life with pride and distinction.
Stephanus is both classic and modern, embodying the best of both worlds in one simple yet powerful name.
How do I pronounce Stephanus?
The three syllabled name Stephanus is pronounced, s-tepha-nus. It can also be pronounced as st(e)-phanus.
Variants of StephanusNames that rhyme with Stephanus
How popular is the name Stephanus?
Stephanus is a popular baby name in South Africa where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Indonesia. At least, 30000 people globally have carried Stephanus as their given name according to our findings.
Stephanus in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Stephanus?
And not just at this point but since always. Passion doesn't last much but respect and care do. Not everyone wants to change the world as you do. You should be more careful with your actions. You can hurt people with your recklessness. Difficult times boost your self-confidence, especially when you are having an emotional breakdown and find the courage to make it through the day. With time, people who don't belong near you, walk away.
Looking for a name like Stephanus? Please go through the following names
- Wale - Used principally in Finnish, Danish and Old DanishSwedish, Wale aimed at boys has its origin in Arabic. Wale is Danish equivalent of Váli
- Elísabet - Origin of Elísabet is in Hebrew, meaning of Elísabet is "My God is Abundance or My God has Sworn", used in Danish and Swedish is a baby girl name
- Karita - Karita's meaning is Charity used for baby girls which originated from Latin and Arabic is used mainly in Faroese and Danish
- Thór - Majorly used in Icelandic, Swedish and Finnish eminent, Thór is used for boys. Thór is Icelandic form of Thor
- Sighburgh is form of Sigbiǫrg in Danish language
Famous people named Stephanus
- Stephanus Brodericus, Croatian–Hungarian bishop, diplomat
- Stephanus Van Cortlandt, first native-born mayor of New York City
- Stephanus Jacobus du Toit, controversial South African nationalist
- Stephanus Schoeman, was State President of the South African Republic
- Stephanus Ackermann, Namibian cricketer
Lists having Stephanus
- Boy names beginning with S
- Greek Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norse Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Crown
- Baby Names that mean Wreath
- Baby Names that mean Garland
- Baby Names that mean Crowned