Sveinn meaning and origin
Used largely in Old Norse, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Icelandic and Swedish, Sveinn means "Boy, Lad or Boy, Lad, Young Man, Free Servant". Its origin is in Old Norse is a baby boy name . Sveinn is form of desirable Sven. Sven is equivalent of Solenne in Slavic language. Also Sven is Swedish and Danish form of Sveinn. Origin of Sven is in Old Norse, meaning of Sven is "Lad, Youth and Boy".
Variants of SveinnNames that rhyme with Sveinn
Popularity of Sveinn
Sveinn is a common baby name in Iceland. At least, 1000 people globally have been given the name, concentrated mainly Nordic regions as per our findings.
Sveinn in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Sveinn?
You desire to change constantly and you get easily bored. With time, people who don't belong near you, walk away. It's time you set up a positive mind-set, open up to new adventures and explore the world. You love books and movies with a powerful message. You are dedicated to your career more than you are dedicated to your personal life. You live to surprise yourself. Perhaps you are born to make bad people do good things and walk the right path.
Looking for names similar to Sveinn? Please go through the following names
- Theodóra - Outstanding and Ever lasting girl name Theodóra is used specifically in Swedish, Icelandic and Danish. Theodóra is Icelandic cognate of Theodora
- Ævarr is Old Norse form of Ǣvarr
- Kiaran - Boy name Kiaran is used in Old Norse and Swedish came from Celtic. Kiaran is Old Norse equivalent of Kjaran
- Svarald is Swedish cognate of Svaraldr
- Jóel is Icelandic and Faroese form of Joel
Namesakes of Sveinn
- Sveinn Björnsson, first President of the Republic of Iceland
- Sveinn Thorvaldson, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Sveinn Pálsson, Icelandic physician and a naturalist
- Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson, studied the piano under Ferenc Utassy