Aisling name meaning
What does Aisling mean?
Meaning of Aisling is Dream or Vision used for girls which originated from Celtic and Irish is used mainly in Gaelic, Danish, Finnish, English, Irish and Swedish.
Is Aisling a pleasant name for a baby?
Aisling is a beautiful and unique baby girl name that originates from Irish culture. It has a beautiful meaning of Dream and Vision, which makes it an ideal choice for parents who want to give their little girl an inspiring name. The name Aisling is not very common, so it makes the child stand out from the crowd. It also has a beautiful sound to it that rolls off the tongue effortlessly. The name Aisling is perfect for parents who are looking for a simple yet impactful name for their child. Overall, Aisling is an excellent choice for parents looking for a meaningful and beautiful name with Irish roots.
How do I pronounce Aisling?
Two syllabled Aisling is most commonly pronounced as ash-leen. ash-lin, a(i)-sli-ng or ais-ling are another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Aisling
Aishling, Ashly, Ashlyn, Ashlly, Aishlyn, AshleyNames that rhyme with Aisling
How popular is the name Aisling?
Aisling was a common name in Ireland. Over 12139 babies have been named Aisling since 1964. At its zenith in 1991,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 56 years. Aisling is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1972 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 2002, it ranked 2553rd when 61 girl were named Aisling. There are over 1267 babies that have been given the name Aisling in United States. Also, in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 391 on girl names chart when 81 babies were given the name Aisling. There are over 849 babies that have been given the name Aisling in England and Wales.
Aisling is a common name in England and Northern Ireland while somewhat familiar name in Canada, Australia and Scotland. According to our estimate, over 10000 babies have been named Aisling globally.
Aisling in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Aisling
You love life and life loves you. You play with people's emotions when it comes to romantic relationships because of the fear of betrayal. The only thing holding you back is your lack of flexibility. You are the mover and shaker of the world. Your life interests change as you change, constantly. You love to change and can't stand constancy and monotony. You are mentally strong, self-confident but lack understanding for people's feelings.
You would love these names similar to Aisling
- Merel - The popular unisex name Merel has origin in Celtic and Old French and is mainly used in Dutch language, Merel means "Blackbird"
- Brentley means Variant of Brent, Hill or Hilltop has its origin in Celtic and English, used prevalently in English is a gender-neutral name
- Jeanna - Used dominantly in English, Danish and Swedish darling, Jeanna is used as a girl name, Jeanna means "God has been Gracious or God is Merciful" has origin in Celtic, Hebrew and Old Greek
- Cregg - Originated from Celtic, Unorthodox Cregg generally bestowed upon boys, Cregg means "From Near the Crag and Dweller by the Crag". Cregg is derivative of Craig.
- Niles - Cherished and Ever lasting boy name Niles means "Champion or Son of Neil" prevalently used in Hindi and English came from Celtic
Sibling Names for Aisling
Aisling is a beautiful Irish name that means "dream" or "vision." If you're looking for sibling names that pair well with Aisling, we've got you covered. Here are some unique and meaningful options to consider.
Sister to Aisling
For a brother
Famous people named Aisling
- Aisling O'Sullivan, Irish actress
- Aisling Burnand, British business executive and consultant
- Aisling Hughes in Fury as Miscellaneous Crew
- Aisling McGrogan in Needle as Actress
- Aisling Holian in Little White Lie as Actress
- Aisling Jarrett-Gavin in Mum's Gone Gay as Actress
- Aisling Corcoran in Moll Flanders as Actress
- Aisling O'Neill in Goldfish Memory as Actress
- Aisling Walsh in Song for a Raggy Boy as Director
- Aisling Knight in Exorcism as Actress
- Aisling Franciosi is an Italian actress.
- Aisling Flitton acted in movie Abbot's Approach
- In 2016, Aisling Loftus played the role of Ann Marie in biography, drama film Property of the State.
Lists having Aisling
- Girl names beginning with A
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Irish Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Gaelic Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Dream
- Baby Names that mean Vision