Ajax name meaning
On This Page
What does Ajax mean?
Ajax's meaning is The Element Aiastes Which is of the Meaning Mourner, Eagle or I Wail, I Cry "Ah" is rooted from Old Greek and is mainly used in English, Latinized, Finnish and Swedish is used for boys.
How does Ajax sound as a baby name?
Ajax is a strong and unique name that has gained popularity as a baby boy name in recent years. With Greek origins, it means "eagle," which is a symbol of power, freedom, and strength.
The name has a timeless quality and is ideal for parents looking for something distinctive but not too unusual. Ajax also carries a sense of adventure and bravery, making it perfect for parents who envision their child as someone who will soar to great heights in life.
Additionally, the name's simplicity makes it easy to spell and pronounce, unlike some more complicated names with Greek roots. Overall, Ajax is an excellent choice for parents seeking a meaningful and memorable name for their little one.
How do I pronounce Ajax?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Ajax is a-jax.
Variants of AjaxNames that rhyme with Ajax
How popular is the name Ajax?
In United States, Ajax is a unique name where it has been in use since 2005 and has secured the place in top 4000 names. Recently in 2016, it ranked 3338th when 33 boys were named Ajax.
There are over 244 babies that have been given the name Ajax in United States. Also, Ajax is a familiar name in Brazil and DR Congo. At least, 600 people globally have carried Ajax as their given name according to our evaluation.
Numerological analysis of Ajax
You don't want to do to others what you don't want to experience yourself. Injustice pisses you off. Changes don't represent a problem for you. On the contrary, you are all about change. You believe life's to have fun. Your friends have a hard time decoding your mood. You are always excited about new beginnings, challenges, unexpected problems and complex situations that require thinking outside the box and finding a creative solution.
Go through the following names similar to Ajax
- Alfah is used largely in Arabic aimed at both genders, Alfah means "Guide" is of Old Greek origin
- Stefán means The Crowned or The Crowned used for boys is originated from Old Greek is primarily used in Danish and Old Norse
- Pietra - Uncustomary Pietra is used principally in Italian aimed at baby girls, Pietra means "The Rock or The Stone" has its origin in Old Greek
- Prokhor - Largely used in Russian, Prokhor is of Old Greek origin and is used for baby boys, meaning of Prokhor is "Chorus Leader"
- Sebastiano - Unfamiliar Sebastianos origin is Old Greek bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Sebastiano is "From Sebaste or Exalted" is commonly used in Spanish and Italian
Sibling Names for Ajax
Looking for a sibling name that pairs perfectly with the unique and strong moniker "Ajax"? Check out this list of names that complement and enhance the powerful sound and meaning of Ajax, offering plenty of inspiration whether you're expecting twins or just want to plan ahead for future little ones.
For a sister
Names for Ajax's brother
Famous people named Ajax
- Ajax the Lesser, Greek mythological hero, son of Oileus
- Ajax the Great, mythological Greek hero
- Ajax Delgado, son of a coffee grower in northern Nicaragua
- Ajax II, champion Australian bred Thoroughbred racehorse and sire
- Ajax Maharlika in Spare Change as Actor
Lists having Ajax
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Eagle
- Baby Names that mean Cry