Albany meaning and origin
Far-out Albany's origin is Latin is primarily used in English is aimed at both sexes. Albany is variant form of sacred and admired Alban. Alban is form of Albanus in German language. Meaning of Alban is Man from City Alba and White is of Albanian and Latin origin.
Variants of AlbanyNames that rhyme with Albany
Popularity of Albany
Albany is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1926 and was able to reach the top 4000 names. In 1998, it ranked 3914th when 30 girls were named Albany. Over 654 people have been named Albany in United States. Albany is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 1999 when it ranked 1970th. Albany is a common name in Venezuela while somewhat familiar name in Brazil, Colombia, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico. At least, 3000 people globally have carried Albany as their given name according to our findings.
What numbers say about Albany?
All you care about is your satisfaction. You are always direct because you hate to argue with people when it comes to misunderstandings. You have an artistic soul and see yourself as the hero in every situation. You are a hard candy when it comes to romantic relationships. If you have number 8 as your personality no, it reveals your competitive spirit, good nature, and lucky one. You have the ability to predict things before they happen thanks to your strong intuition.
Parents who liked Albany, loved these names
- Dulcie - The prevailing and ever lasting girl name Dulcie means "The Element Dulcis with the Meaning Sweet or The Sweet" which is rooted from Latin is specifically used in English
- Natala - Unusual and Modern girl name Natala means "Christmas Babies, Born on Christmas and Form of Natalie" used in English has its origin in Latin language. Natala is resulted from Natalie.
- Mirielle - Used notably in English far-out, Mirielle means "Lord Krishna's Devotee and Protection" used as a baby girl name is rooted from Hebrew and Provençal. Mirielle is derivation of Mira.
- Carita - Far-out Carita predominantly is used in Danish, Swedish and Finnish, meaning of Carita is "Dear or Beloved" aimed at girls is originated from Italian and Latin
- Florentino - Particulary used in English eminent, Florentino has origin in Latin, meaning of Florentino is "The Element Florens Which Means Blossoming Flourishing, Flower Garden and Blossoming" is used as a boy name. Florentino is derivation of Florentin.
Namesakes of Albany
- Albany Fonblanque, celebrated English journalist and by his own example a reformer of that profession
- Albany Hancock, English naturalist
- Albany River Rats, minor league professional ice hockey team
- Albany Livingstone in The Wolverine as Transportation Department