Janus name meaning
On This Page
What does Janus mean?
Used in Finnish, Norwegian, Greenlandic, Latin, Swedish, German, Danish, Faroese, English, Icelandic and Dutch atypical, Janus is used as a unisex name and is rooted from Latin, Janus means "Archway or The Elements Ianua Meaning Door Entrance"..
Also Janus is equivalent of Adrianus in Dutch language.
How do I pronounce Janus?
Two syllabled Janus is most commonly pronounced as j(a)-nus.
Variants of JanusNames that rhyme with Janus
How popular is the name Janus?
Janus is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 24 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 3000. There are over 163 babies that have been given the name Janus in United States.
Janus is a common name in Denmark and Philippines while somewhat familiar name in Germany, Indonesia, Netherlands, South Africa, Pakistan, Poland, India, Faroe Islands and England. At least, 6000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Janus in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Janus?
Your stability is something most people envy you for. You love your freedom and respect other people's freedom too. You love to change and can't stand constancy and monotony. You always act like everything's just great. You have no enemies. You lack enthusiasm and adventure. You hang around with different people, so you can widen your life perspective and expand your knowledge. You are always preoccupied with other people's problems because they know you are compassionate and ready to help at any time.
Go through the following names similar to Janus
- Purvys - Meaning of Purvys is Purveyor and Purveyor Provider of Supplies aimed at boys is originated from Latin. Purvys is resulted from Purvis.
- Gracelyn - Used especially in English noteworthy, Gracelyn means "Lyn or Grace" is of Latin and English origin is used for girls
- Marzell - Marzell's meaning is Dedicated to Mars used for both genders which is used particulary in German is originated from Latin
- Rosalinda - Used mainly in Danish and Dutch preeminent, Rosalinda means "Linden or Fame" and is used for both boys and girls is originated from Germanic and Latin
- Martell - Meaning of Martell is Warrior, War-Like Dedicated to Mars and Dedicated to Mars is of Latin and English origin is a gender-neutral name. Martell is derivation of Martin.
Famous people named Janus
- Janus of Cyprus, King of Cyprus and titular King of Armenian Cilicia and Jerusalem
- Janus Dousa, Dutch statesman, jurist, historian
- Janus Robberts, South African athlete who competes in the shot put
- Janus Lascaris, noted Greek scholar in the Renaissance
- Janus Pannonius, Croat-Hungarian Latinist, poet
- Janus Friis, Danish entrepreneur best
- Janus Henricus Donker Curtius, last 'Opperhoofd' of the Dutch trading post
- Janus, German musical project led by Dirk "Rig" Riegert and Tobias Hahn
- Janus Braspennincx, Dutch racing cyclist
- Janus Drachmann, Danish professional football midfielder
- Janus Cercone in Leap of Faith as Writer
- Janus Blythe in The Hills Have Eyes as Actress
- Janus Nabil Bakrawi in Pizza King as Actor
- Janus Dissing Rathke in Der var engang en dreng - som fik en lillesøster med vinger as Actor
- Janus Prinsloo in The Salvation as Actor
- Janusz Gajos in Trois couleurs: Blanc as Actor
- Janus Metz Pedersen in Armadillo as Director
- Actor Janus Adams, famous for movie Oddly Coupled
Lists having Janus
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Jan