Alfie name meaning
On This Page
What does Alfie mean?
Renowned Old English, Gothic and German Alfie bestowed upon both sexes, meaning of Alfie is "Elf Power, Ready for Battle or All and Peace" is used commonly in English, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish, Danish and Finnish.
Alfie is short of Alf. Alf is a variation of AlfredAlfie. Also Alf is variation of loved, enduring and sacred Alfonso. Alf is also a variation of Combinations with the Name Element Alf.
Alf is also variant of Alfr. Alf is also variant form of Álfr. Alf is shortened form of names with "Alf". Also Alf is short of Alfred. Alf is equivalent of Alef in German language.
Alf's meaning is Magical Counsel and Nature Spirit is originated from German and Gothic.. Alfie is celebrated on August 15.
Does Alfie sound like a good baby name?
Yes, 'Alfie' is a great name for a baby boy. It is of British origin and has multiple positive meanings associated with it: Elf, Counsel and Wise.
It is the perfect name to choose if you want your child to be seen as smart, wise and have an affinity for nature. Additionally, its short form 'Al' can be used for many nicknames in the future.
Not only does this meaningful name sound great but it is easy to pronounce and also memorable, which makes it a great choice!
How do I pronounce Alfie?
The two syllabled name Alfie is commonly pronounced as a-lfie. al-fie is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of AlfieNames that rhyme with Alfie
How popular is the name Alfie?
Alfie was among the very popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 72584 babies have been given the moniker. At its zenith in 2009, it ranked 4th when 5566 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However after 27 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 3 times
A common name in Ireland having over 1502 recievers in 19 years of usage.
At its zenith in 2017, it ranked 36th when 184 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Alfie is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1915 and was able to reach the top 1000 names.
In 1967, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 914 on boy names chart when 62 babies were named Alfie. Over 762 babies in United States have been named Alfie.
Alfie is an uncommon baby name in France still in use today.
But Alfie is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 6000 have the name. At least, 70000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Alfie in Nordic countries
Numerological aspects of Alfie
You are a person of many talents but prefer to play on the safe side when it comes to earning profits. Your main characteristics are determination, courage, and enterprise. You can win anyone's attention with your charm. You are truthful and prefer the cold truth over warm lies. You play with people's emotions when it comes to romantic relationships because of the fear of betrayal. Your independence and narcissism make you more attractive than you already are in people's eyes.
You would love these names similar to Alfie
- Madita - Meaning of Madita is Margareta is specifically used in German and Scandinavian and is rooted from Scandinavian is used as a girl name
- Richi - The rare boy name Richi has its origin in Germanic, Richi means "Brave One and Composition from Rulers" is principally used in Spanish and German languages. Richi is a short form of Richard.
- Fernandino - Of German origin, Fernandino means "Peace or Courageous"
- Adhelm - English and Old High German name Adhelm is commonly used in English and German and is aimed at boys, meaning of Adhelm is "Protection, Noble or Helmet"
- Baydin - Of Germanic origin, Baydin bestowed upon boys, Baydin means "Bather and Surname". Baydin is derivation of Baden.
Sibling Names for Alfie
If you're considering naming your baby boy Alfie, you may also be wondering what names would pair well with it as a sibling. Here are some suggestions for boy and girl names that complement Alfie's vintage charm and playful energy.
For a sister
Names for Alfie's brother
Famous people named Alfie
- Alfie Potter, English professional footballer
- Alfie Bass, English actor
- Alfie, were an English indie rock band
- Alfie Kohn, American author and lecturer
- Alfie Anido, popular Filipino matinee idol best remembered for his death at the age of twenty-two
- Alfie Conn Jr., Scottish former professional footballer
- Alfie Byrne, Irish politician
- Alfie Turcotte, former American ice hockey player
- Alfie Allen, English actor
- Alfie Conn Sr., Scottish professional footballer
- Alfie Boe, English tenor and actor
- Alfie Hale, former Irish footballer and manager
- Alfie Moore, professional ice hockey goaltender
- Alfie Michaud, retired Ojibwe Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender
- Alfie Linehan, Irish former cricketer
- Alfie Burden, English professional snooker player
- Alfie Vaeluaga, professional rugby union player
- Alfie Curtis in The Elephant Man as Actor
- Alfie Scopp in Fiddler on the Roof as Actor
- Alfie Deyes in Dancing as
- Alfie Simmons in The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death as Actor
- Alfie Browne-Sykes in Beat Girl as Actor
- Alfie Stewart in The Hollow Queen as Actor
- Alfie Davis in Les Misérables as Actor
- Alfie Evans-Meese in Episode #1.5 as Actor
- Alfie Wellcoat, from 2019 drama film Convergence, who portrayed Robert.
Lists having Alfie
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Gothic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Counsel
- Baby Names that mean Elves
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean Elf
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Peace