Anise meaning and origin
Anise means Gracious or Pure has its origin in Arabic, Greek and Old Greek is a gender insensitive name is used principally in Swedish, Danish, Arabic, Finnish and English. Anise is variant of frequently used Anisa. Anisa is form of Aanisah. Anisa is form of Anis in Arabic language. Anisa's meaning is Loveable and Friendly came from Arabic and Greek. Anise is variant form of sacred, conifer and frequently used Agnes. Agnes is form of The Greek Name ‘Αγνη in Latin language. Agnes's meaning is The Pure, Lamb As Well and The Chaste is rooted from Celtic, Latin and Old Greek. Anise is form of celebrated Anissa. Anissa is derivative of Agnes. Anissa is equivalent of Agnes in English language. Also Anissa is Dutch form of Anna. Origin of Uncustomary and Ever lasting Anissa is in Arabic and Greek, meaning of Anissa is "Grace and Pure".. The name is celebrated on January 21.
Variants of Anise
View middle names that goes with Anise like Kaiden, Morris, Myra, Hector, Landen, Foster,Names that rhyme with Anise
Popularity of Anise
Anise is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 106 years of use, it could not make it big. There are over 1190 babies that have been given the name Anise in United States. Also, it is uncommon in England and Wales, where it has been in use since 1997 and peaked in 2005 when it ranked 2438th. In France, it had been in use since 1921 and made it to the top 700 but has appeared since 2010. Over 295 babies in France have been named Anise.
But Anise is a popular baby name in Haiti where every 1 in 2000 have the name. At least, 8000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Numerological aspects of Anise
You are always direct because you hate to argue with people when it comes to misunderstandings. You are always there to help people in need with a good advice or do something that would ease up their situation, or at least make them feel more comfortable in their own skin. You always act like everything's just great. Your attitude is expressive and energetic. You care about the people you love deeply but can imagine living without them.
Do you like Anise? Other names you would love
- Mahfuzah - Mahfuzah's meaning is Protected or The Protected One is used as a baby girl name is substantially used in Sindhi and Arabic
- Enes - Unheard-of Enes is used largely in Swedish, Danish and Arabic is originated from Arabic and Turkish given to both sexes, Enes means "Familiar or Close Friend"
- Tabasumm - Girl name Tabasumm means "A Flower or Sweet Smile" is used predominantly in Arabic, Gujarati and Hindi
- Rawan - Anomalous English and Arabic Rawan means "Brilliant or Pure Water" and is given to both boys and girls is especially used in Danish, Kannada and Norwegian
- Naweed - Meaning of Naweed is Good News or Glad Tiding is substantially used in Sindhi and Arabic is used as a unisex name
Namesakes of Anise
- Anise Fuller in Crazy Animal as Actress
- Anise Boyer acted in movie Harlem Is Heaven