Aminata name meaning
On This Page
What does Aminata mean?
Rare girl name Aminata is originated from Arabic is used chiefly in French, Arabic and Wolof. Aminata is variant form of renowned Amina. Amina is variant of well-known and ever lasting Amanda.
Amina is a feminine variation of Amin. Amina is Frisian form of Old High German Names Containing the Name Element Amal. Of Arabic origin, Rare Amina, Amina means "Trustful, Trustworthy and The Trustworthy".
Variants of AminataNames that rhyme with Aminata
How popular is the name Aminata?
Aminata was a common name in France. Over 7059 babies have been named Aminata since 1955. At the peak of its usage in 2017,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 62 years but it is still going strong.
Aminata is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1974 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2015, it ranked 1993rd when 99 girl were named Aminata.
Over 1784 babies in United States have been named Aminata.
Aminata is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 22 years of use, it could not make it big.
Over 271 people have been named Aminata in England and Wales. In Belgium, it has been in use since 2002 and peaked in 2016 when it ranked 477th. There are over 181 babies that have been given the name Aminata in Belgium.
However things change on global perspective, Aminata is extremely popular in Mali where every 1 in 50 have the name as well as in, Guinea, Senegal, Burkina Faso and Sierra Leone.
Also the baby name is popular in Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Niger, Central African Republic, Gambia and DR Congo. At least, 1260000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Aminata in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Aminata
You work hard on your dreams but forget to work hard on your personality too. You are often taken as crazy because of your fearlessness and courageous acts you take to achieve your aspirations. People aren't always as nice as they seem. And your gentle heart can't take disappointments. It's time you change your attitude when it comes to love and start focusing on your goals. You prefer to follow your intuition rather than follow rules and suggestions.
Do you like Aminata? Other names you would love
- Uqbah - Dominantly used in Kannada and Sindhi, Uqbah means "The End of Everything" is used as a boy name
- Asad - Queer boy name Asad means "Zodiac Sign of Leo or Virtuous" has its origin in Turkish and Arabic is mostly used in Arabic and Sindhi
- Almas - Almas's meaning is Adamant or A Diamond used for both sexes has its origin in Arabic and Sanskrit is used principally in Hindi and Gujarati
- Taimoor - Dominantly used in Arabic and Hindi new-fangled and unheard-of, Taimoor means "The King of the Kings" is used for baby boys
- Sariyah - Sariyah's meaning is Name of a Female Companion or Sarah has origin in Arabic and is chiefly used in Arabic and Sindhi is used for both sexes
Famous people named Aminata
- Aminata Traoré, Malian author, politician, and political activist
- Aminata Maïga Ka, Senegalese writer
- Aminata Sow Fall, Senegalese-born author
- Aminata Diallo, Malian academic and political
- Actor Aminata Fall, famous for movie Le franc
- Aminata Dao played central character of Awa in 2004 drama film Kounandi.
Lists having Aminata
- Girl names beginning with A
- Arabic Girl Names
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ami
- Baby Names that mean Honest
- Baby Names that mean Trustworthy
- Baby Names that mean Mother
- Baby Names that mean Prophet
- Baby Names that mean Truthful
- Baby Names that mean Divine
- Baby Names that mean Faithful
- Baby Names that mean Peaceful