Amina name meaning
On This Page
What does Amina mean?
Amina means Trustful, Honest, The Trustworthy, Mother of Prophet Mohammed, Who is Confident and Enjoys the Divine Safeguard, Trusted, Reliable, The Word Amin Which is of the Meaning Faithful Truthful Trustworthy or Peaceful is used dominantly in Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish, Danish and Arabic.
It is rooted from Arabic is bestowed upon both genders. Amina is form of eternal and widely accepted Amanda. Amanda is resulted from Amandine. Amanda is an effeminate variant of Amandus.
Famous Latin Amanda, meaning of Amanda is "Active and Precious Thing". Amina is feminine version of Amin. Amin means Another Name for Prophet Muhammad, The Trustworthy and Faithful is rooted from Arabic.
Amina is Frisian equivalent of Old High German Names Containing the Name Element Amal.
How do I pronounce Amina?
The three syllabled name Amina is commonly pronounced as ah-mee-nah. The other ways to say the name is a-mi-na.
Variants of AminaNames that rhyme with Amina
How popular is the name Amina?
a popular name in United States with over 12431 new-borns have been given the name since 1943. At the peak of its usage in 2017, it ranked 270th when 1170 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 5 times Also, Amina was among the popular names in France. Since emerging in 1910 around 12370 babies have been given the name.
When at its peak in 2016, it ranked 119th when 522 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 85 years but still going strong on charts.
Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 47 times
In England and Wales, Amina was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 5309 babies.
At its zenith in 2008,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but it is still going strong. Also, Amina was a common name in Switzerland.
Over 1280 babies have been named Amina since 1998. When at the peak of its usage in 2017,. However after 21 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Also, A common name in Belgium having over 1948 recievers in 24 years of usage. Presently peaking at the charts, 126 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 64th position.
Amina is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names. Recently in 2017, 67 babies were given Amina and it reached its peak ranking, 207 on girl names chart.
Over 296 babies in Netherlands have been named Amina. The first name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 1999 and achieved its top ranking of 370 in 2004.
Over 129 people have been named Amina in Ireland.
However things change on global perspective, Amina is extremely popular in Nigeria where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, India, Tanzania, Morocco, Bangladesh, Niger, Algeria, Somalia, Pakistan and Russia.
Also the baby name is popular in Kenya, Egypt, Uganda, Mozambique, Cameroon, Indonesia, Benin, Philippines, Chad, Ethiopia, Syria, Sudan, Iraq, Libya, Tunisia, Kazakhstan, Burundi, Tajikistan, Ghana, Malawi, Uzbekistan, Rwanda, Djibouti, Burkina Faso, DR Congo, England, Iran, Nepal, South Africa, Spain and Comoros.
As per our research, over 3800000 people has been named Amina globally.
Amina in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Amina
If letter A is your capstone, then you are probably a man of your word. Hang around with new people but be selective. You are bold and gutsy, and this affects your personality. You are all about adventure and travel. In order to achieve something great and unseen so far, you have to rely on your talents, creativity, and intuition. Stay true to yourself and your friends. You have to learn that what you give is what you get in life.
Do you like Amina? Other names you would love
- Freya - Of Old Norse origin, Admired Freya means "Lady, Goddess of Love or Queen of the Gods" which is chiefly used in Oriya, Hindi and Sindhi is aimed at baby girls. Among baby girl names, popular Freya reached 266th position in 2018 in United States
- Susi - Of Hebrew origin, Anomalous Susi is mainly used in Tamil and Greenlandic, Susi means "Moth or Horse" is used for girls
- Rayyan - Unfamiliar Rayyan came from Arabic language is used as a gender insensitive name and is specifically used in Finnish, Arabic and Danish, meaning of Rayyan is "Door of Heaven, Full or Beautiful"
- Rohi means A River in Afghanistan or Rising is a gender insensitive name is used dominantly in Arabic and Hindi
- Shamailah - Girl name Shamailah is used largely in Sindhi and Arabic, Shamailah means "Good Traits or Excellent Disposition"
Middle names for Amina
Possible options for a child named Amina include these sweet and familiar middle names:
View more middle names that goes with Amina.
Sibling Names for Amina
If you're looking for the perfect sibling names to go with your little Amina, look no further. We have compiled a list of unique and beautiful names that will complement Amina perfectly. From classic to modern, these names are sure to inspire you in choosing the perfect name for your new addition.
For a sister
For a brother
Famous people named Amina
- Amina Lawal, Nigerian woman
- Amina Aït Hammou, Moroccan runner who specializes in the 800 metres
- Amina, Hausa warrior queen of the city-state Zazzau
- Amina Wadud, American Muslim woman with a progressive focus on Qur'an exegesis
- Amina Mama, Nigerian-British writer, feminist and academic
- Amina al-Sadr, Iraqi educator and political activist
- Amina Rizk, classic Egyptian actress
- Amina Annabi, French-Tunisian singer-songwriter and actress
- Amina Claudine Myers, American jazz pianist, organist, vocalist
- Amina Munster in Suicide Girls Must Die! as Actress
- Aminat Ayinde in Cycle 12 Rewind as
- Amina Zhaman in Right to Love as Actress
- Amina Elkatib in The Flash Is Born as Actress
- Actor Amina Alaoui, well-known for movie Keïd Ensa
- In 1986 drama film, Houria, Amina Medjoubi characterized Houria.
- Amina Muhammad, from 1936 musical, romance movie Bawab el amara, who played N.
- In 1946, Amina Umurzakova characterized the role of Azhar in drama movie Songs of Abay.
- Amina Khalil, from 2017 action and adventure movie El-Kanz: El-Haqiqah wa el-Khayal 1, who portrayed Naemat.
- Amina Nour Eddine played vital role of N in 1953 film Moamara.
- In 1975, Amina Karim characterized the role of N in romance film Romeo in Sikkim.
- In 1942, Amina Cherif portrayed the role of N In movie Ahib al ghalat.
- In 2007, Amina Syed characterized the role of Studentessa in drama movie Centochiodi.
Lists having Amina
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ami
- Girl names that ends with -ina
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Honest
- Baby Names that mean Trustworthy
- Baby Names that mean Mother
- Baby Names that mean Prophet
- Baby Names that mean Truthful
- Baby Names that mean Divine
- Baby Names that mean Faithful
- Baby Names that mean Peaceful