Athol meaning and origin
Athol's meaning is New Ireland is used especially in English and a boy name is originated from Celtic.
Variants of AtholNames that rhyme with Athol
Popularity of Athol
Athol is an uncommon baby name in United States, 20 years of presence was not sufficient to save the name and it finally disappeared in 1947. Over 136 babies in United States have been named Athol. Also, Athol is a familiar name in South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Jamaica and England. As per our findings, over 2000 people has been named Athol globally.
What numbers say about Athol?
Although you like to play the card of insensitivity when it comes to love, deep inside you wish you find someone who's going to melt your icy heart. You have no enemies. Others see you as perfect, so start acting so. You have a clear opinion of things You are a child of change. Although you are the most sensitive person you know and get depressed easily, you can turn into the most inspiring and motivational person in a second.
Looking for a name like Athol? Please go through the following names
- Colina - Meaning of Colina is Victory of the People or Girl is commonly used in English. Its origin is in Old Greek and Celtic is aimed at baby girls
- Kylien - Kylien's meaning is Gaillard or Quarrelsome has its origin in Celtic
- Triston means Riot or Tumult is used chiefly in English is originated from Celtic is a unisex name
- Irvyn - Especially used in English unexpected, Irvyn is originated from Celtic and a baby boy name, meaning of Irvyn is "Sea Friend or White"
- Ty - Famed Ty is originated from Old English, Old French and Old Norse is especially used in English and Scandinavian, Ty means "Ty" is used for both genders
Namesakes of Athol
- Athol Moffitt, eminent Australian jurist and was the author of several books
- Athol Meech, Canadian rower, born in Ottawa
- Athol Fugard, South African playwright, novelist, actor
- Athol Guy, musical artist
- Athol Murray, Canadian priest and educator
- Athol Rowan, South African cricketer
- Athol Tymms, Australian rules footballer
- Athol Earl, former New Zealand rower
- Athol Townley, Australian politician
- Athol Webb, former Australian rules footballer
- Athole Shearer in Way Down East as Actress
- Athol Compton in movie The Last Wave as Actor