Bridgette name meaning
On This Page
What does Bridgette mean?
Origin of Well-Liked Bridgette is in Celtic, meaning of Bridgette is "The Exalted One" and is used for both sexes is substantially used in Finnish, Norwegian, English, Danish and Swedish. Bridgette is variant form of virtuous and preeminent Bridget.
Bridget is variation of famed Brigitte. Bridget is English form of Brigitte. Also Bridget is English cognate of Brighid. Customary Bridget has its origin in Celtic, Bridget means "The Elements Brígh Which Means Strength Power Force and Power".
How do I pronounce Bridgette?
The two syllabled name Bridgette is pronounced, br(id)-gette. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., bridge(t)-te.
Variants of Bridgette
How popular is the name Bridgette?
Bridgette was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1943 around 23339 babies have been given the name. When at its peak in 1973, it ranked 356th when 631 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 78 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 32 times Bridgette is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today.
Bridgette is a rare baby name in Ireland and may not be used now since it isn't seen since 1977. Bridgette is a common name in South Africa, Ghana and England while somewhat familiar name in Jamaica, Bahamas, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Philippines, Kenya and Cameroon.
At least, 40000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
What numbers say about Bridgette?
Introvert people like you should learn how to have more fun. If letter B is your cornerstone, it reveals people look at you like the crazy genius who loves his solitude. Sometimes, you act like a control freak. You like to be surrounded by strong, determine people who know what they want. You keep your facade so you don't get too attached to people and experience disappointment, eventually. What makes you comfortable talking is noticing the person that you are interacting with, is honest and reliable.
Do you like Bridgette? Other names you would love
- Myrna - Eternal and Preeminent Myrna particulary is used in Faroese, Danish and Greenlandic, meaning of Myrna is "Friendly or Beloved". It is rooted from English, Celtic and Old Irish is used as a unisex name
- Shanandoah - Girl name Shanandoah means "Inspired By the Eponymous Irish River and Little Old Wise One" is of Celtic origin. Shanandoah is a derivation of Shannon.
- Elaine - Meaning of Elaine is Burst of the Sun or Bright Light is of Old Provençal and Celtic origin, particulary used in Norwegian and Finnish is used as a unisex name
- Lennox - Meaning of Lennox is Field on the River Leven or Field on River Leven is originated from Scottish and Celtic is a gender insensitive name is chiefly used in Finnish and Norwegian
- Cormac - Cherished Cormac mostly is used in Danish and Norwegian aimed at baby boys has its origin in Old Irish and Celtic, meaning of Cormac is "Son of Charioteer, Son of the Charioteer or Corb Meaning Chariot"
Middle names for Bridgette
Here is a list of famous and endearing middle names that go with the baby name Bridgette.
View more middle names that goes with Bridgette.
Sibling Names for Bridgette
Choosing the perfect name for your newborn can be an exciting yet daunting task. If you've already settled on the name Bridgette, you might be wondering what would make a great sibling name to go along with it. Here are some ideas to help you narrow down your options and find the perfect match for your little one.
Names for Bridgette's sister
Names for Bridgette's brother
Famous people named Bridgette
- Bridgette Wilson, American actress, singer, model
- Bridgette Andersen, California-based child actress and child model
- Bridgette Gusterson, Australian water polo player
- Bridgette Foster in Mirror Image as Actress
- Bridgette Ho in Daddy Day Care as Actress
- Bridgette Pechman in American Virgin as Actress
- Bridgette Jordan in Big Tiny: Life with the Jordans as
- Bridgette Wright in Change as Producer
- Bridgette Mishelle in An Innocent Hell as Actress
- Bridgette Monroe in Desire as Actress
- Bridgette Nielson in Futurum as Actress
- Bridgette Pursley in Brother to Brother as Actress
- Bridgette Sneddon in The Black Dog as Actress
- Bridgette Cameron portrayed critical character of Kirk's Sister in 2014 comedy, family film Saving Christmas.
- In 2008 romance flick, The Completely Remarkable, Utterly Fabulous Transformation of a Regular Joe, Bridgette McGehee played Marly.
- Bridgette Potts, from 2008 family film For the Love of a Dog, who played Grace Harrington.
- In 2016, Bridgette B. portrayed the role of Bee in comedy, drama movie All Out Dysfunktion!.
Lists having Bridgette
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ette
- Boy names that starts with Bri
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean One