Brandan name meaning
On This Page
What does Brandan mean?
Prevailing unisex name Brandan is used largely in English, Swedish, Finnish and Faroese, meaning of Brandan is "Beacon Hill, Sword or Raven" is originated from Old English and Celtic. Brandan is variant form of well-liked Brandon.
Brandon is variant of sacred and prominent Brendan. Also Brandon is variant of loved Brandan. Brandon means Broom Hill and Sword is originated from Old English and Celtic. Brandan is Faroese cognate of Brendan.
It is celebrated on May 16th.
How do I pronounce Brandan?
b-ran-dan is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Brandan. Some people pronounce it as br(a)-ndan.
Variants of Brandan
How popular is the name Brandan?
A common name in United States with over 5694 new-borns have been given the name since 1955. Presently the name is rising, in 1993, it ranked 637th when 263 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Brandan is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 422 on boy names chart when 51 babies were given the name Brandan.
Over 557 babies in England and Wales have been named Brandan.
Brandan is a rare baby name in Ireland, chances of it being still in use are very slim. Also, Brandan is a familiar name in South Africa.
As per our estimate, over 6000 babies have been bestowed Brandan around the globe.
What numerology tells about Brandan?
Small talks and gossip are things you can't stand in life. If letter N is your capstone in your name, you are driven by success, spirituality, personal growth and accomplishing impossible goals. You don't want to do to others what you don't want to experience yourself. Peace, balance, harmony, honesty, and fairness describe your soul the best. You have a plan on changing the world. However, in order to do it, teach people how to change themselves first.
Looking for names similar to Brandan? Please go through the following names
- Tremaine - Mainly used in English eminent, Tremaine is originated from Celtic, meaning of Tremaine is "Farm with a Stone Monolith or From the Stone House" is a unisex name
- Fintan - Frequently Used Fintan is used particulary in Irish and Danish is of Celtic and Old English origin aimed at baby boys, Fintan means "White Fire"
- Kaiven - Widespread boy name Kaiven is majorly used in English has origin in Celtic. Kaiven is equivalent of Kevin in English language
- Karsen - Admired Karsen is originated from Celtic and Old Norse, Karsen means "Son of Carr or Son who Lives in the Swamp" used in English is a gender insensitive name
- Llew means Ruling, Resembling a Lion and Like a Lion is dominantly used in Welsh and normally is aimed at baby boys came from Celtic. Llew is diminutive of Llewellyn.
Sibling Names for Brandan
If you've decided to name your baby boy Brandan, you might be looking for some inspiration to find the perfect sibling names that complement it. Here are some suggestions for baby names that go well with Brandan, including traditional and modern choices to suit every taste.
For a sister
Brother for Brandan
Famous people named Brandan
- Brandan Schieppati, singer of metalcore band Bleeding Through and a former guitarist/songwriter of the fellow Orange County metalcore band Eighteen Visions
- Brandan Wright, American professional basketball player
Lists having Brandan
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Bran
- Boy names that ends with -dan
- Baby Names that mean Hill
- Baby Names that mean Sword
- Baby Names that mean Saint
- Baby Names that mean Traveller
- Baby Names that mean Broom
- Baby Names that mean Raven