Charity name meaning
On This Page
What does Charity mean?
Widely Accepted and Enduring Charity has its origin in English and Latin is used in English given to both sexes, Charity means "Act of Kindness, Charity, Brotherly Love or Affection". Charity is English equivalent of Carit.
What's Charity like for a baby name?
Charity is a charming and endearing name for a baby girl that holds connotations of generosity and warmth. It comes from the British culture and means Giving or Kindness, making it an excellent choice for parents who value these traits.
The name also has a rich history, with prominent figures such as Charity Adams Earley, the first black woman officer in the Women's Army Corps during World War II, being named Charity.
Moreover, the name has a timeless quality to it that makes it suitable for all ages. Its popularity peaked in the 1970s but continues to remain well-liked by many parents today.
Overall, Charity is an exceptional baby girl name that embodies all things good and pure in humanity.
How do I pronounce Charity?
The three syllabled name Charity is commonly pronounced as ch(a)-ri-ty.
Variants of CharityNames that rhyme with Charity
How popular is the name Charity?
Charity was a popular name in United States. Over 34626 babies have been given the given name in 146 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1975, it ranked 183rd when 1421 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 146 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names 48 times Charity is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 962 (2001) in its 19 years run on England and Wales naming chart.
Over 156 people have been named Charity in England and Wales.
However things change on global perspective, Charity is extremely popular in Nigeria where every 1 in 600 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Zambia, Malawi, Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Philippines, South Africa and Rwanda. As per our findings, over 730000 babies have been bestowed Charity around the globe.
Charity in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Charity
Unrestricted lifestyle is your mark. The only person you need to prove yourself is the person you see in the mirror every day. Everybody loves you for your artistic nature and expressive attitude. You lack responsibility and commitment. You are dominant when it comes to relationships. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people. You are known for your lively spirit, eternal patience and lack of belief when it comes to love.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Charity
- Cypriane means Comes from Cyprus has its origin in Latin
- Lucion - Used largely in English far-out, Lucion means "Born At Daybreak, Light and Daylight Babies" and a boy name is of Latin, Armenian and English origin. Lucion is derivative of Luci.
- Franziskus - Boy name Franziskus means "Little Frenchwoman, Little Frenchman / Franke or Little Frenchman" that came from Italian is used notably in German, Swedish and Finnish
- Cecília - Origin of Cecília is in Latin language is used as a baby girl name which is substantially used in Portuguese, meaning of Cecília is "Blind"
- Gemma means Gemstone or Precious Stone is rooted from Latin and Italian used as a baby girl name is dominantly used in Swedish, Norwegian and German
Sibling Names for Charity
Charity is a beautiful name for a baby girl that signifies love, compassion and generosity. If you're looking for the perfect sibling names to complement Charity, we've curated a list of options that are just as meaningful and lovely. From classic to modern, there's something for every family style.
Sister for Charity
Brother to Charity
Famous people named Charity
- Charity Opara, former Nigerian track and field athlete
- Charity Brown, Canadian film actress, singer
- Charity Ngilu, Kenyan politician and the second governor elected for Kitui County
- Charity Shea, American actress
- Charity Wakefield, English actress
- Charity Nicole James in The One with Joey's Porsche as Actress
- Charity Eke in Jewels of the Sun as Actress
- Charity Grace in Alcohol and Old Lace as Actress
- Charity Winters in Real Fear: The Truth Behind the Movies as
- Charity Hill in Gang of Roses as Actress
- Charity Bangs in Nooners as Actress
- Charity Hodges in Prostitutes and Gelato as Actress
- Charity James in Anastasia as Actress
- Actor Charity Burton, well-known for movie Black Heart
- Charity Mason, from 2001 film The Putz, who characterized N.
- Charity Barger, from 2011 drama, romance flick Finding Her Way Home, who played Tiffany.
Lists having Charity
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Char
- Baby Names that mean Act
- Baby Names that mean Kindness
- Baby Names that mean Charity
- Baby Names that mean Brotherly
- Baby Names that mean Love
- Baby Names that mean Affection