Dena name meaning
On This Page
What does Dena mean?
Pleasing and Ceaseless gender-neutral name Dena is originated from Native, American, Old English and Hebrew, meaning of Dena is "Valley, Dean, Vindicated, Supervisor, Avenged or Judgement" is used especially in English. Dena is variation of cherished Deana.
Deana is a version of lofty and evergreen Diana. Also Deana is variant form of imperishable and noteworthy Diane. Deana is English equivalent of Deanna. Deana means Dean, Valley and Variant of Diana is originated from Old English and Indoeuropean.
How about the name Dena for a baby?
Dena is a popular name for baby girls that has British origins and means "valley". One of the unique aspects of this name is its simplicity and elegance, making it appealing to parents looking for a timeless yet modern name.
Another characteristic of Dena is that it can be easily pronounced in various languages and accents, making it a versatile choice for families with diverse backgrounds. Additionally, the name has a gentle sound to it that carries a sense of tranquility and calmness, which could be an attractive quality for parents who value these traits in their child's personality.
How do I pronounce Dena?
The two syllabled name Dena is pronounced, d(e)-na.
Variants of DenaNames that rhyme with Dena
How popular is the name Dena?
Dena was a popular name in United States. Over 32303 babies have been given the given name in 147 years. At its zenith in 1970, 1541 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 208th position.
However after 147 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names an amazing 53 times Dena is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 20 years of use, it could not make it big.
Over 123 babies in England and Wales have been named Dena.
Dena is a rare baby name in Belgium, chances of it being still in use are very slim since it isn't seen since 1996.
But Dena is a popular baby name in Egypt where every 1 in 8000 have the name as well as in Indonesia. According to our evaluation, over 80000 babies have been named Dena globally.
Dena in Nordic countries
What numbers say about Dena?
You have a sharp focus and highly developed sense of intuition. In order to do something unprecedented, you have to refocus from what's not important such as gossip, partying and messing around to what's really important and that's your dreams and expanding your knowledge. You don't take them seriously because of their mediocre lives. When you walk into a room, all eyes are you and you only. You keep following your heart in order to avoid disappointment and solitude.
Looking for names similar to Dena? Please go through the following names
- Sylvester - Acclaimed and Ever lasting unisex name Sylvester means "Of the Forest or Relative to the Forest" used especially in English and Finnish is originated from Latin language. Desirable Sylvester ranked at 473 position in 1971 on baby boy names chart in United States
- Fitzhugh - The commonly accepted and venerable boy name Fitzhugh is originated from English and Germanic which is used principally in English language, Fitzhugh means "Surname, Son of Intelligence or Son of Hugh"
- Idell - Famed and Traditional unisex name Idell means "Hardworking or Happy", used chiefly in English is of Germanic origin
- Olen means Relic, Holy or Ancestor is especially used in Swedish and English and a gender insensitive name is originated from Old Norse
- Lucian - Well-Liked and Perennial unisex name Lucian is used majorly in Finnish and Norwegian, Lucian means "Light or Born At Daybreak" is of Old Greek and Latin origin
Middle names for Dena
These are the famous and attractive middle names that we love for the name Dena.
View more middle names that goes with Dena.
Sibling Names for Dena
If you're considering the name Dena for your baby, you may also be looking for sibling names that complement it. Here are some ideas to inspire you - whether you want names that rhyme with Dena, sound similar, or just have a similar style or feel.
Sister to Dena
Names for Dena's brother
Famous people named Dena
- Dena Head, American retired women's basketball player
- Dena Tauriello, New Jersey-based drummer, educator, and author
- Dena Higley, American writer, speaker and author
- Dena Dietrich, American actress
- Dena Schlosser, woman
- Dena Kennedy, New Zealand born actress
- Dena Rivera in Force as Writer
- Dena Hysell in The Factory as Producer
- Actor Dena Burton, notable for movie Switch
- In 2002 drama movie, Redemption, Dena Rae Hayess portrayed Lolita Dimarcos.
- Dena Smiles, from 1996 comedy, drama flick Small Time, who portrayed Kate.
- Dena Toler, from 2014 comedy, drama film You've Got Some Nerve, who characterized the Brenda.
- In 2008, Dena Wilkinson portrayed the role of Electra in comedy, horror film The Boneyard Collection.
Lists having Dena
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Den
- Girl names that ends with -ena
- Baby Names that mean Valley
- Baby Names that mean Judgement