Claudius meaning and origin
Meaning of Claudius is Lame, Limping or Lame, Crippled used for boys which originated from German, English and Latin is used chiefly in Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, German, English and Danish. It is celebrated on June 6th or February 15th.
Variants of ClaudiusNames that rhyme with Claudius
Popularity of Claudius
Claudius was a common name in France. Over 9957 babies have been named Claudius since 1900. At its zenith in 1902,. After 75 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Claudius is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1890 but could not make beyond the top 800. There are over 917 babies that have been given the name Claudius in United States.
Claudius is a rare baby name in England and Wales, chances of it being still in use are very slim. But Claudius is a popular baby name in Sierra Leone where every 1 in 2000 have the name. According to our evaluation, at least 20000 people have been bestowed Claudius around the globe.
Claudius in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Claudius?
You don't have to step over people to get to the top. You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye. You are hard-working by nature and success drives you. Even if you hate it, you know that opening up to new experiences is good for your soul and personal progress. You have a powerful appearance. You always make the best entrance, no matter where you appear. You love your freedom and respect other people's freedom too.
Parents who liked Claudius, loved these names
- Placidia - Girl name Placidia means "Calm or Gentle" which is used prevalently in Spanish is originated from Latin
- Franzette - Meaning of Franzette is Free Condition is originated from Latin
- Bambina - Anomalous Bambina came from Latin is used majorly in Swedish and Danish, meaning of Bambina is "Young Girl" is used as a baby girl name
- Epifanio - Chiefly used in Spanish durable and lofty, Epifanio is originated from Latin is a boy name, meaning of Epifanio is "The Element Epiphaneia Which is of the Meaning Appearance Manifestation or Manifestation of God"
- Sklaer - Used mostly in Breton, Sklaer means "Clarity" has its origin in Latin
Namesakes of Claudius
- Claudius Aelianus, Roman author and teacher of rhetoric
- Claudius Gothicus, was Roman emperor from 268 to 270
- Claudius Salmasius, a French classical scholar
- Claudius Clavus, Danish geographer sometimes considered to be the first Nordic cartographer
- Claudius Smith, Loyalist guerrilla leader during the American Revolution
- Claudius Amyand, French born surgeon
- Claudius Rich, British business agent
- Claudius Silvanus, Roman general of Frankish descent
- Claudius Cyprian Featherstone, lawyer and judge in South Carolina
- Claudius Hunter, lawyer and Lord Mayor of London
- Claudius of Turin, Catholic bishop of Turin from 817 until his death
- Claudius Crozet, soldier, educator, slave-owner and civil engineer
- Claudius Buchanan, Scottish theologian
- Claudius E. Watts III, retired United States Air Force lieutenant general and past president of The Citadel Military College of South Carolina serving
- Claudius, : 39–48
- Claudius Peters in Dying of the Light as Actor
- Claudius Alzner is the composer of movie Killer's Carnival