Claud meaning and origin
Meaning of Claud is Lame is used specifically in English, a gender-neutral name has origin in Latin. Claud is form of persistent and trendy Claudius. Claudius's meaning is Lame, Crippled, Reference to the Gender of the Claudian and The Limping is of German and Latin origin.
Variants of ClaudNames that rhyme with Claud
Popularity of Claud
Claud was a common name in United States. Over 10940 babies have been named Claud since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 1885,. After 122 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in Claud is a common name in Tanzania while somewhat familiar name in South Africa, Zimbabwe, DR Congo, England, France, Jamaica and Zambia. As per our research, over 10000 people has been named Claud globally.
Here's what numbers has to say about Claud
Every challenge is there to sharpen your focus and improve your survival skills. You are daring and courageous. What fulfills your soul is your professional success. You appreciate freedom and like to hang around open-minded people without prejudgments about others. If letter C is your cornerstone, you have a highly developed intuition. You often doubt your skills when you see someone more gifted, or better than you.
Other names similar to Claud, for name hunters
- Monserrate - Rare unisex name Monserrate is of Latin origin, meaning of Monserrate is "Notched Mountain" is used substantially in English language
- Leana - The widespread and evergreen unisex name Leana is used in Norwegian, Danish and Finnish, rooted from English, Old French and Latin, Leana means "Julia or Wild Cow"
- Cus - Boy name Cus means "From Athens and From Attica" is originated from Latin and English languages. Cus is short form of Atticus.
- Iseline - Largely used in Swedish and Norwegian, Iseline is of Latin and Hebrew origin, meaning of Iseline is "God Protects My House" is used as a girl name
- Bennie - Principally used in Danish, Finnish and English long standing and darling, Bennie is originated from Hebrew and Latin and a gender insensitive name, meaning of Bennie is "Son of the Right Hand, Son or Blessed"
Namesakes of Claud
- Claud Severn, British colonial administrator
- Claud Hamilton, 4th Earl of Abercorn, Scottish and Irish peer and Jacobite
- Claud Charlton, British Army officer and Deputy Lieutenant for Essex
- Claud Cockburn, British journalist
- Claud Thomas Bourchier, English recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Claud Castleton, Australian recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Claud Raymond, British recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Claud Ashton Jones, Rear Admiral in the United States Navy
- Claud Schuster, 1st Baron Schuster, British barrister and civil servant noted for his long tenure as Permanent Secretary to the Lord Chancellor's Office
- Claud B. Ticehurst, British ornithologist
- Claud Jacob, British Indian Army officer
- Claud Beelman, American architect
- Claud O'Donnell, Australian rugby union and rugby league player and represented his country at both sports as a dual-code rugby international
- Claud Lovat Fraser, English artist, designer and author
- Claudette Evans in The Great Santini as Actress
- Claudia Scarpatetti in Episode #1.670 as Actress
- Claudine Shiraishi in Slashers as Actress
- Claudia Vega in Pecados de una profesora as Actress
- Claudia Silva in The Substitute as Actress
- Claudia Fernández in Sólo con tu pareja as Actress
- Claudia Cooney in Occupied Territory as Actress
- Claudelle Deckert in In den Netzen der Liebe as Actress
- Claudia Cohen in Lewis Needs a Kidney as Actress
- Claud Allister in movie The Reluctant Dragon as Actor