Clint name meaning
On This Page
What does Clint mean?
Prevailing and All time favorite Clint has its origin in Saxon and Old English languages bestowed upon both boys and girls used specifically in English, Clint means "Form of Clinton, Town on a Hill, Homestead or Height and Village".
Clint is derived from Clinton. Widely Accepted and Ceaseless Clinton is used in English came from Saxon and Old English, Clinton means "Height and Village and Place Name".
How does Clint feel as a baby name?
Clint is a charming and unique baby boy name with British origins. It has a rustic feel to it, evoking images of fenced settlements and tranquil riverside communities.
This name is perfect for parents looking for something uncommon but not too outlandish. While it may not have an overtly distinctive meaning, Clint's simplicity gives it a timeless appeal that can suit any child's personality.
It's a name that can grow with your child and become synonymous with their identity as they mature into adulthood. Overall, Clint is a wonderful choice for parents seeking a traditional yet distinctive name for their little one.
How do I pronounce Clint?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Clint as c-li-nt.
Variants of ClintNames that rhyme with Clint
How popular is the name Clint?
Clint was a popular name in United States. Over 32150 babies have been given the name in 148 years. When at its peak in 1980, the moniker grabbed the 195th spot and 1274 baby boys were given the name.
However after 148 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names a whooping 53 times Clint is a familiar baby name in New South Wales during its short run, it been to the top 100 names.
In 1981, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 86 on boy names chart when 89 babies were given the name Clint. There are over 255 babies that have been given the name Clint in New South Wales.
Also, during its short run of just 4 years in Queensland, it had made it to the top 100 names. In 1981, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 86 on boy names chart when 51 babies were given the name Clint.
Over 175 babies in Queensland have been named Clint.
Clint is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 1996 and achieved its top ranking of 1337 in 1996.
It had a short run of 9 years on Ireland boy names chart. In France, it has been in use since 1983 and achieved its top ranking of 1480 in 1992.
Clint is a rare baby name in Belgium and may not be used now since it isn't seen since 1996. But Clint is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in, South Africa and Canada.
At least, 90000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Clint in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Clint
Find a way to express how you feel without hurting anyone. The law of attraction is something you admire and use when it comes to achieving your goals. If letter T stands at the end of your name, you are probably the slowest, cautious, and discreet person in the world. When it comes to giving an honest advice, you can be hard. Having letter T as your capstone represents your short temper and explosive personality.
If you like Clint, you would love these names
- Michel means Form of Michael Like God, Who is Like God? or Who Dominates the will is largely used in German and Danish. Its origin is in Hebrew is aimed at both boys and girls. On list of baby boy names, predominant Michel was spotted at 496th position in 1961 in United States
- Alijah - Customary Alijah is originated from Hebrew is principally used in Swedish and English, Alijah means "My God is Yahweh" is used for both boys and girls
- Cierra means Mountain, Sierra or Mountain Range is of Celtic, Spanish and English origin and is dominantly used in English is used as a unisex name
- Kaleigh - Prevalent unisex name Kaleigh is used majorly in English, meaning of Kaleigh is "Descendant of Caollaidhe or Beautiful" is of Hebrew, Sanskrit and Old Irish origin
- Cullen - Majorly used in Scottish, English and Irish, Cullen has origin in Old French, Old Greek and Celtic is used as a gender insensitive name. Cullen is equivalent of Cologne an ancient city founded bys38BC in English and Old French languages
Sibling Names for Clint
If you are considering the name Clint for your baby, you might also be interested in finding names that complement it well. Whether you want to stick with a certain letter or theme, or just want to explore some options, here is a list of sibling names that could make a perfect match for your little Clint.
Sister for Clint
Brother to Clint
Famous people named Clint
- Clint C. Wilson Sr., Clint Cornelius Wilson Sr
- Clint Holmes, singer-songwriter and Las Vegas entertainer
- Clint Evans, American college baseball coach at the University of California
- Clint Sprott, emeritus professor of physics at the University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Clint Rickards, high-ranking New Zealand police officer
- Clint Eastwood, Clinton Eastwood Jr
- Clint Black, American country music singer, songwriter
- Clint Mansell, English musician, composer
- Clint Malarchuk, Canadian retired professional ice hockey goaltender
- Clint Bolick, Associate Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court
- Clint Ritchie, American actor
- Clint Mathis, retired American soccer player
- Clint Dempsey, American retired professional soccer player
- Clint Howard, American actor
- Clint Walker, American actor and singer
- Clint Boon, English musician, DJ and radio presenter
- Clint Curtis, American attorney
- Clint Barmes, He played in Major League Baseball
- Clint Benedict, Canadian professional Lacrosse goalie
- Clint Smith, ice hockey player
- Clint Castleberry, college football player
- Clint Bowyer, American professional stock car racing driver
- Clint Stennett, Democratic politician and a minority leader of the Idaho Senate
- Clint Dunford, Canadian former politician in Lethbridge, Alberta
- Clint Bolton, Australian former goalkeeper
- Clint Hurdle, American former professional baseball outfielder and current manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates of Major League Baseball
- Clint Dolezel, American football coach and former professional arena football player
- Clint Frank, American football player and advertising executive
- Clint Greenshields, French international rugby league footballer
- Clint Murchison Jr., Clinton Williams Murchison Jr
- Clint Newton, American-born former professional rugby league footballer
- Clint Ford, American screenwriter, actor, voice-over artist
- Clint Gosling, former association football goalkeeper
- Clint Easton, English professional footballer who is unattached
- Clint Kriewaldt, former American football linebacker
- Clint Stoerner, former American football quarterback
- Clint Hartung, right-handed pitcher and right fielder
- Clint Ingram, former American football linebacker
- Clint Sodowsky, American former professional baseball pitcher
- Clint Bizzell, former professional Australian rules footballer
- Clint Lowery, American musician, songwriter and producer
- Clint Courtney, American catcher in Major League Baseball
- Clint Hill, former United States Secret Service agent
- Clint Zavaras, Greek American former professional baseball pitcher
- Clint McDaniel, retired American professional basketball player
- Clint Longley, Howard Clinton "Clint" Longley, Jr
- Clint Miller, former American "Old School" professional Bicycle Motocross racer whose prime competitive years were
- Clint Didier, professional American football player, farmer
- Clint Nageotte, Nageotte was selected by the Seattle Mariners
- Clint Hill, English former professional footballer
- Clint Douglas, from 1970 movie Marchands de femmes, who played N.
- Clint Dyer, from 2016 drama and fantasy film Mine, who characterized the Berber.
- Clint Eruera, from 1999 crime and drama film What Becomes of the Broken Hearted?, who played Sonny Heke.
- Clint Farha, from 1994 documentary flick Dansaren, who characterized the N.
- Clint Gordon characterized the role of Vince Locke in drama film Perfect.
- Clint Clark portrayed pivotal role of Kevin Evans in 2009 comedy and crime film Paper-Maché.
- In 2017, Clint Browning portrayed the role of Phin O'Connell in horror and mystery film Insomnium.
Lists having Clint
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (1982)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (1982)
- Baby Names that mean Settlement
- Baby Names that mean Headland
- Baby Names that mean Town
- Baby Names that mean Hill
- Baby Names that mean Fair
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Homestead
- Baby Names that mean Village