Efrem meaning and origin
Used mostly in Norwegian, English, Russian, Danish, Hebrew, Italian, Swedish, Faroese and Finnish eminent, Efrem has its origin in Hebrew and is given to boys, Efrem means "Doubly Fruitful, Double Fertile or Inspired By a Field Name". Efrem is short version of Ephraim. Ephraim is Greek and Latin cognate of The Hebrew Name אֶפְרָיִם = Fruitful. Ephraim means Double Fertile, Alluded to In the Book of Genesis: "The Name of the Second Called He Ephraim: for God Hath Caused Me to Be Fruitful In the L and Doubly Fruitful is of Hebrew origin. Also Efrem is Nordic cognate of Efraim.
Variants of EfremNames that rhyme with Efrem
Popularity of Efrem
Efrem is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1926 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 1967, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 813 on boy names chart when 85 babies were named Efrem. Over 1546 babies in United States have been named Efrem. The first name is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today. But Efrem is a popular baby name in Eritrea where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Ethiopia. According to our research, at least 40000 people have been bestowed Efrem around the globe.
Efrem in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Efrem
It's time you set up a positive mind-set, open up to new adventures and explore the world. Your primary goal is to create a life you won't need a yearly vacation from. You believe traveling helps you grow your spiritual potential. Perhaps you are born to make bad people do good things and walk the right path. You are a strong, awake, down-to-earth person. And you need someone with total opposite traits.
Go through the following names similar to Efrem
- Ilon - Hebrew and Persian name Ilon bestowed upon both boys and girls is predominantly used in Swedish and Danish. Ilon is Estonian form of Ilona. Also Ilon is Nordic equivalent of The Kurdish Name Îlon Meaning September
- Joséphina - The Joséphina means "God Adds" came from Hebrew
- Gani - Origin of Uncustomary and Modernistic Gani is in Vietnamese and Tagalog, meaning of Gani is "Bountiful Harvest" commonly used in Hebrew and Tagalog is bestowed upon baby boys
- Noëlly - Originated from Hebrew, Noëlly means "God is with Us"
- Nelida - Majorly used in Hebrew and Spanish imperishable and acclaimed, Nelida has origin in Old Provençal is used as a baby girl name. Nelida is equivalent of Eleanor in Hebrew and Spanish languages
Namesakes of Efrem
- Efrem Kurtz, Russian conductor
- Efrem Forni, Italian Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church
- Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Efrem Zimbalist Jr
- Efrem Zimbalist, Efrem Zimbalist Sr
- Efrem Schulz, American of Mexican descent singer
- Efrem Hill, if a former professional gridiron football wide receiver
- Efrem Zimbalist Sr. in Efrem Zimbalist & Harold Bauer Playing Theme and Variations from 'The Kreutzer Sonata' by Beethoven as Soundtrack
- Efrem Accurso in movie The Prisoner of St. Petersburg as Actor