Eligio name meaning
What does Eligio mean?
Prevalently used in Italian and Spanish uncustomary, Eligio is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Eligio is "Eligere" is rooted from Latin. Eligio is derivative of Eligius. Of German and Latin origin, Odd Eligius is prevalently used in German, Eligius means "Eligere and Chosen One".
How is Eligio regarded as a baby name?
Eligio is a popular Latin baby boy name and is regarded lovingly by many parents. The name means 'chosen', which reflects the parents' feelings of choosing the best for their child. It is a name that speaks of strength and power, as well as intelligence and wisdom. It has become increasingly popular in recent years due to its positive connotations. As Eligio has a strong sound, it can be used as both a first and a middle name, giving lots of options for quirky combinations or classic pairings. It is also believed to bring luck and good fortune to its bearer.
How do I pronounce Eligio?
Three syllabled Eligio is pronounced as e-li-gio.
Variants of EligioNames that rhyme with Eligio
How popular is the name Eligio?
Eligio is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1909 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1909, it ranked 1277th when 30 boys were named Eligio. Over 1482 people have been named Eligio in United States. But Eligio is a popular baby name in Mexico where every 1 in 6000 have the name as well as in, Paraguay, Philippines and Venezuela. As per our findings, over 60000 babies have been bestowed Eligio around the globe.
Numerological aspects of Eligio
You are always open to new adventures. When it comes to your job, you are always the one with a new idea to present. When it comes to friends, you are their rock and shoulder to cry. If 1 is your personality number, you have a positive vibe and an impressive appearance. You hate monotony and everything that has to be done in routine. Injustice makes you go crazy. You prefer to enjoy solitude because it's when your creativity strikes in.
You would love these names similar to Eligio
- Liana - Liana's meaning is Inspired By the Same Vine or Emulum is used as a girl name which is chiefly used in Swedish and Portuguese has origin in French and Old Greek
- Aurélia - Aurélia means "Or" came from Latin
- Lauritz - The uncommon boy name Lauritz is rooted from Latin, primarily used in German and Norwegian languages, Lauritz means "Laurel"
- Lanig - The Lanig means "Tribe near the Black Sea" has origin in Latin
- Quinita - Of Latin origin, Atypical Quinita means "The Word Quintus Which is of the Meaning Fifth and Fifth-Born Daughter" is given to girls. Quinita is derivation of Quintana.
Sibling Names for Eligio
Looking for the perfect sibling names to complement your new bundle of joy, Eligio? Look no further! Check out our list of handpicked name choices that are sure to be a match made in heaven with your little one's unique moniker. From classic and timeless to modern and trendy, we've got all the inspiration you need.
Sister for Eligio
Brother for Eligio
Famous people named Eligio
- Eligio Ayala, was President of Paraguay from 12 April 1923 to 17 March 1924 and again
- Eligio Cervantes, athlete from Mexico, who competes in triathlon
- Eligio Meléndez, from 2017 drama, romance movie Sueño en otro idioma, who portrayed Evaristo.
- Eligio Zamara, from 1975 comedy flick La supplente, who portrayed Stefano Baldesi.
Lists having Eligio
- Boy names beginning with E
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Italian Boy Names
- Spanish Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Eli