Evert name meaning
On This Page
What does Evert mean?
Durable and Prominent Evert is used particulary in Low German, Norwegian, Finnish, German, Dutch, English, Swedish, Danish and Icelandic is of Germanic, Old High German and Old English origin, a baby boy name, Evert means "Strong as a Boar or Shepherd".
Evert is an abridged form of Eberhard. Eberhard is variant of Everard. Eberhard is form of Eburhart in German language. Origin of Frequently Used and Venerable Eberhard is in Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Eberhard is "Boar Hardness, Brave Boar and Strong Like a Boar".
Evert is German equivalent of Everard. Also Evert is Dutch equivalent of Everett. Also Evert is German equivalent of Everart.
How do I pronounce Evert?
Three syllabled Evert is pronounced as e-ve-rt.
Variants of Evert
How popular is the name Evert?
Evert is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1901, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 407 on boy names chart when 96 babies were given the name Evert.
There are over 3270 babies that have been given the name Evert in United States. Evert is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 400 names.
In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 399 on boy names chart when 38 babies were named Evert. Over 136 people have been named Evert in Netherlands. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 1995 and has secured the place in top 400 names.
In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 309 on boy names chart when 31 babies were named Evert. There are over 238 babies that have been given the name Evert in Belgium.
Evert is a rare baby name in England and Wales where it may not be used now. Evert is a common name in Nicaragua, South Africa, Peru, Colombia and Venezuela while somewhat familiar name in Indonesia, Bolivia, Mexico, Ghana, Cameroon, Paraguay, Germany, Canada, Suriname, Philippines, El Salvador, Chile, England and Honduras.
At least, 30000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
What numbers say about Evert?
If the letter E is your cornerstone in your name, it means you are always open to new life experiences and adventures. Hidden feelings inside you explodes from time to time and results in a negative outcome. Your motto is "Why fight when you can solve issues the better way?" You prefer to work alone so you can implement your creative ideas and solutions. With time, people who don't belong near you, walk away.
Other names similar to Evert, for soon-to-be-parents
- Robbe - Robbe's meaning is Fame or Bright is used as a gender-neutral name which is largely used in Dutch has origin in Old High German
- Gerard - Originated from Irish and Old High German, Well-Known and Ceaseless Gerard means "Spear-brave or Spear Rule" aimed at both boys and girls is used chiefly in Dutch and Finnish. In baby boy names list, widespread Gerard ranked 479 in year 1986 in United States
- Marja - Origin of Unfamiliar Marja is in Hebrew and Latin languages is used as a girl name which is primarily used in Faroese, Norwegian and Dutch, meaning of Marja is "Berry or Bitterness"
- Steyn - Steyns origin is Dutch and Old Norse, meaning of Steyn is "Stone" and is specifically used in Dutch is used as a boy name
- Jozef - Unwonted Jozef is originated from Hebrew, Jozef means "He (God) Will Add", used in Finnish, Slavic and Dutch is a boy name
Sibling Names for Evert
Introducing the name Evert for your little one! If you're looking for sibling names that complement and go well with Evert, we've got you covered. From classic to trendy, here are some great options to consider for a cohesive and stylish sibset.
Sister for Evert
Brother to Evert
Famous people named Evert
- Evert Horn, Swedish Field Marshall and Governor of Narva
- Evert Collier, Dutch Golden Age still-life painter
- Evert Dudok, has been the President of EADS Astrium Satellites since June 2007
- Evert Willem Beth, Dutch philosopher and logician
- Evert Ploeg, Australian portrait painter
- Evert van Aelst, Dutch still life painter
- Evert Kroon, water polo goalkeeper from The Netherlands,
- Evert Koops, Dutch athlete
- Evert Björn, Swedish athlete
- Evert Taube, Swedish author, artist, composer and singer
- Evert Hingst, Dutch lawyer
- Evert Augustus Duyckinck, American publisher and biographer
- Evert Eloranta, Finnish politician and a Member of the Parliament for the Social Democratic Party
- Evert Dolman, Dutch racing cyclist,
- Evert Bulder, association football player from the Netherlands,
- Evert Verbist, Belgian road bicycle racer
- Evert Anderson acted in movie Joe Hill
Lists having Evert
- Boy names beginning with E
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Dutch Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -ert
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Boar