Marja meaning and origin
Dominantly used in Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Icelandic, Faroese, Finnish, Dutch, Russian and Nordic unusual, Marja means "Bitterness or Berry" has its roots in Finnish, Latin and Hebrew is used as a girl name . Marja is version of perpetual, sacred and lofty Marjorie. Marjorie is variant of famous, durable and pious Marguerite. Marjorie is equivalent of Margery in English language. Offbeat Hebrew, Old Greek and Latin Marjorie, meaning of Marjorie is "The Pearl, Pearl and Child of Light". Marja is variant form of eminent and biblical Marija. Marija is variation of well-liked and ceaseless Maria. Also Marija is variant form of biblical and celebrated Mary. Marija is equivalent of Mary in Slavic language. Also Marija is Russian cognate of Maria. Marija is also form of Maria in Russian and Nordic languages. Marija's meaning is Princess of the Sea, Bitterness and Bitter is of Hebrew origin. Also Marja is form of Maria in Finnish and Swedish languages.
Variants of MarjaNames that rhyme with Marja
Popularity of Marja
Marja is a unique baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1921 and was last seen in 1999, during its 45 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 1978, it ranked 2091st when 45 girls were named Marja. There are over 436 babies that have been given the name Marja in United States. Marja is an uncommon baby name in France and may not be used now as it was last seen in 1935.
But Marja is a popular baby name in Finland where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Netherlands. At least, 60000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Marja in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Marja
You are probably well aware of your dependence on others. Reason behind your depressive episodes that occur occasionally is being way too sensitive. You don't like to be told what to do, nor boss around. You are a good listener but the advice you give is taken by a pinch of salt by others. Make sure you invest your energy, time and love in the right place. Otherwise, you risk ending up disappointed and alone.
Looking for names similar to Marja? Please go through the following names
- Colman - Unwonted Colman came from Latin, meaning of Colman is "Little Pigeon, Saint or Little" used substantially in Irish and English is a baby boy name
- Maciel - Queer unisex name Maciel means "Very Slender" came from Latin
- Zorica means The Word Zora Meaning Dawn is originated from Latin and Slavonic used largely in Swedish and Danish is in general given to baby girls
- Maja means Rebelliousness Wished for Child or Inspired By the Goddess Maya is rooted from Hebrew, Indian and Sanskrit used as a baby girl name is used in Swedish and German
- Stine - Prominent Stine came from Germanic, Scandinavian and Latin is used mainly in Greenlandic and Frisian is a girl name, meaning of Stine is "Christine"
Namesakes of Marja
- Marja Lehtonen, professional female bodybuilder and personal trainer
- Marja Wokke, former marathon runner from the Netherlands
- Marja van Bijsterveldt, Dutch politician of the Christian Democratic Appeal serving as Mayor of Delft since 2016
- Marja Halkola in Naurubussi as Actress
- Marja Allen in The Kimchi Chronicles Begin as
- Marjan Faritous in Experiment in Torture as Actress
- Marja Pyykkö in Kissan kuolema as Actress
- Marja-Lewis Ryan in The Four-Faced Liar as Actress
- Marjan Neshat in RoboCop as Actress
- Marjane Satrapi in Persepolis as Director
- Marjan Radanovich in Suplje price: Zdej te je, a zdej te ni as Actor
- Marja Pennanen is writer of TV series Pitkä kuuma kesä
- Marja Koppejan characterized key character of Scriptgirl in 1979 drama film Uit elkaar.
- In 2015, Marja Myllylä portrayed the role of Irma's mother in drama movie Onnesta.
- In 2020, Marja Skaffari characterized the role of N in drama movie Aland.