Britt meaning and origin
Widely Accepted and Ceaseless Britt has its origin in Celtic and Old English is used in Norwegian, Swedish, English, Dutch, Icelandic, Danish, Finnish, Greenlandic and Faroese, Britt means "The Exalted One or Sublime" is used as a gender-neutral name . Britt is version of preeminent Brett. Brett is short version of Brendan. Used mainly in English and Breton long standing and customary, Brett, Brett means "Native of Brittany and A Breton" is originated from Old English. Britt is form of widely accepted Britta. Britta is version of BrigitteBrett. Britta is abridged form of Birgitta. Britta is Swedish form of Brigitta. Of Old English and Celtic origin, Well-Liked and Ceaseless Britta, Britta means "The Exalted One, To Help and Exalted One".
Variants of Britt
View middle names that goes with Britt like Savanna, Lia, Cornelia, Dia, Shae, Julia,Names that rhyme with Britt
Popularity of Britt
Britt is common in United States where over 7550 new-borns have been given the name since 1886. When at the peak of its usage in 1960, the moniker grabbed the 657th spot and 142 baby boys were given the name. Also, In Belgium, Britt was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 2777 babies. When at its peak in 2001,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Britt is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 200 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 155 on girl names chart when 91 babies were given the name Britt. There are over 299 babies that have been given the name Britt in Netherlands. Britt is an uncommon baby name in France, chances of it being still in use are very slim.
But Britt is a popular baby name in Sweden where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in Norway. According to our estimate, over 70000 babies have been named Britt globally.
Britt in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Britt
You are a peacemaker and always avoid conflicts. You would put other people's interests and wishes before yours just to see them happy. It's time you give adventure and spontaneity a chance. When it comes to your career, you do whatever it takes to make a progress and get a higher position. Having the letter B as a cornerstone in your name reflects your sensitive nature. Having letter I as your first vowel represents your elegance, impulsive attitude, big heart, and gentle soul.
Other names similar to Britt
- Deidre - Meaning of Deidre is Sorrowful or Young Girl is used specifically in English, a gender-neutral name has origin in Old Irish and Celtic
- Ginny - Used especially in English illustrous, Ginny means "The Virgin or Virgin" and a baby girl name is originated from Celtic, English and Latin
- Kendriek - Kendriek's meaning is Royal Ruler or Son of Harry used for boys that of Celtic origin is used largely in English
- Eloan is originated from Celtic, Eloan means "Wealth or Light"
- Brielle - The widespread girl name Brielle means "Strong Man of God, Hero of God or God is My Hero" has its origin in Celtic and Hebrew is used mostly in French and English
Namesakes of Britt
- Britt Brøndsted, right-handed
- Britt Black, Canadian rock musician
- Britt Woodman, jazz trombonist
- Britt Hagedorn, German model and she also leads the Talk Show 'Britt – Der Talk um eins' of Sat 1
- Britt Bohlin Olsson, Swedish social democratic politician
- Britt Karin Larsen, Norwegian poet, author and government scholar
- Britt Harkestad, Norwegian politician for the Christian Democratic Party
- Britt Allcroft, English film, television and live theater producer
- Britt Ekland, Swedish actress and singer
- Britt Cobb, W. Britt Cobb, Jr
- Britt Lundberg, politician in the Åland Islands
- Britt Daniel, co-founder, lead singer and guitarist of the Austin, Texas, rock band Spoon and the co-founder
- Britt Leach, American character actor
- Britt Burns, former Major League Baseball pitcher
- Britt McKillip, Canadian actress and musician best
- Britt Strandberg, former Swedish cross-country skier
- Britt Reames, former Major League Baseball pitcher
- Britt Nicole, American vocalist, songwriter and recording artist
- Britt Walford, is best known for being the drummer for Slint
- Britt Hager, former American football linebacker
- Britt Irvin, Canadian actress and singer
- Brittany Olson in The Philanthropist as Producer
- Britt Verhaagen in Gevangene as Actress
- Brittany Keys in Cutting It Close as
- Brittany Levinson in In the Still of the Night as Actress
- Britt Marie Näsholm in Världens bästa Karlsson as Actress
- Brittany Noles in John Wick as Actress
- Brittany McDonald in Barbie and the Secret Door as Actress
- Brittany Shae in Hot Brunette Gets Banged as Actress
- Britta Beck in Short Happiness as Actress
- Britt Janyk was born on May 21, 1980 in North Vancouver.
- In 1971, Britt Marie Engstroem portrayed the role of Ann in drama film Siv, Anne & Sven.
- Britt Langlie characterized central character of Milja in 1974 drama, musical flick Ungen.
- In 2017 drama flick, Aldrig mere i morgen, Britt Bendixen characterized Bente.
- Britt Robertson played the leading role of Casey Newton in 2015 action and adventure flick Tomorrowland.
Lists having Britt
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Brit
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2007)
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Sublime