Gino name meaning
On This Page
What does Gino mean?
Of Italian, Latin and Old Greek origin, Renowned Gino bestowed upon both sexes, Gino means "-Gi, -Gio, Luigi, Giorgio, King, Famous or Struggle" is used particulary in Italian. Gino is resulted from Régis.
Régis is abridged form of Remigius. Notably used in French prominent, Régis came from Latin, meaning of Régis is "Rower, Lord and Lord".. Gino is short form of Eugene. Also Eugene is form of Eugène in English language.
Cherished Eugene's origin is French, Old Greek and English, meaning of Eugene is "Well Born, Well-born and Noble". The name is celebrated on June 16.
How is Gino regarded as a baby name?
Gino is a common Italian name, derived from the Latin name 'Gianni', which means "God is gracious". As a baby boy name, Gino is regarded as strong and masculine, and often has associations with traditional Italian culture.
It's also seen as a modern, quirky alternative to more traditional male names like John or Giovanni. People who bear this name often have an air of charm, intelligence and ambition.
Gino is typically seen as charismatic and likeable, while also having a certain playfulness or mischievousness.
How do I pronounce Gino?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Gino is gi-no.
Variants of GinoNames that rhyme with Gino
How popular is the name Gino?
Gino is common in United States where over 12047 new-borns have been given the name since 1907. When at its peak in 1965, 262 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 566th position.
Also, Gino is common in France where over 6175 new-borns have been given the name since 1911. Presently the name is rising, in 1959, 123 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 171st position.
Gino is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 811 on boy names chart when 36 babies were named Gino.
Over 357 babies in England and Wales have been named Gino. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 258 on boy names chart when 35 babies were named Gino.
Over 347 babies in Switzerland have been named Gino. Also, in Netherlands, in just 2 years, it has made it to the top 500 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 429 on boy names chart when 35 babies were named Gino.
Gino is an uncommon baby name in Belgium where it has been in use since 1995 and peaked in 2000 when it ranked 389th. There are over 228 babies that have been given the name Gino in Belgium.
Gino is a rare baby name in Netherlands however it is still in use. But Gino is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in, Madagascar, Indonesia, Canada and Peru.
As per our findings, over 180000 babies have been bestowed Gino around the globe.
Gino in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Gino
You are compassionate and always put other people's needs before yours. You believe that what you give is what you will receive. You act protectively around the people you love and people who need help. You are easy to talk to and your open mind allows people to give it to you straight. You always see the good in everything and everyone. You have high ideals. The law of attraction is something you admire and use when it comes to achieving your goals.
Looking for names similar to Gino? Please go through the following names
- Biaggo - Of Latin origin, Biaggo is specifically used in Italian, Biaggo means "Lisping" is used as a boy name
- Adelchi largely is used in Italian is of Old High German origin, a boy name, meaning of Adelchi is "Hostage, Honorable or Noble"
- Alcide means Greek General In the 5Th Century Av J or Strong Man is specifically used in Italian and is given to boys came from Greek and Old Greek
- Nice - Old Greek name Nice bestowed upon girls, meaning of Nice is "Victory" is predominantly used in Italian
- Laurente - Originated from Latin, Laurente means "Laurel", a boy name is mostly used in Italian
Sibling Names for Gino
If you're considering the name Gino for your baby, you may also be interested in finding sibling names that complement it well. Here are some ideas for sibling names that could work alongside the charming and lively name Gino, from classic choices to more unique options.
Sister for Gino
Brother for Gino
Famous people named Gino
- Gino Perente, a disc jockey and con artist from California
- Gino Pollini, Italian architect
- Gino Strada, Italian war surgeon and founder of the UN-recognized Italian NGO Emergency
- Gino Girolamo Fanno, Italian mechanical engineer
- Gino Boccasile, Italian illustrator
- Gino Bucchino, overseas member of the Italian Chamber of Deputies for 'North America and Central America'
- Gino De Dominicis, Italian artist
- Gino Sinimberghi, tenor opera singer from Rome, Italy
- Gino Lucetti, Italian anarchist and anti-fascist
- Gino Rossi, Italian boxer
- Gino Washington, African American R&B and rock singer from Detroit
- Gino Fano, Italian mathematician
- Gino Capponi, Italian statesman and historian of a Liberal Catholic bent
- Gino Cappelletti, former American collegiate and professional football player
- Gino Severini, Italian painter and a leading member of the Futurist movement
- Gino Bianco, racing driver from Brazil
- Gino Munaron, racing driver from Italy
- Gino Armano, Italian former footballer who played as a forward
- Gino Gallagher, Irish republican
- Gino Marchetti, former professional American football player
- Gino Bartali, champion road cyclist
- Gino Vannelli, Canadian pop singer and songwriter
- Gino Matrundola, former politician in Ontario, Canada
- Gino Hernandez, Charles Eugene Wolfe Jr
- Gino Vanelli, Italian operatic baritone
- Gino Soccio, Canadian disco record producer of Italian descent
- Gino Torretta, quarterback
- Gino Odjick, Canadian former professional ice hockey left winger
- Gino Cervi, Italian actor
- Gino J. Merli, Italian-American soldier
- Gino Paoli, Italian singer-songwriter
- Gino Sovran, Canadian professional basketball player
- Gino Cimoli, American professional baseball outfielder
- Gino Iorgulescu, retired Romanian football defender
- Gino Reda, is host of TSNs 'That's Hockey'
- Gino Colaussi, Italian footballer who played as a striker
- Gino Padula, Argentine former professional footballer
- Gino Polidori, American politician from the State of Michigan
- Gino D'Acampo, 'I'm a Celebrity
- Gino Bechi, Italian operatic baritone
- Gino Brito, Canadian professional wrestler
- Gino Pivatelli, former Italian footballer and manager
- Gino Cavallini, Canadian retired professional ice hockey forward
- Gino Pariani, American soccer striker
- Gino Coutinho, Dutch footballer
- Gino Lawless, Irish soccer player during the 1970s
- Gino Guidugli, former American football quarterback
- Gino Piserchio, American actor, composer and musician
- Gino Brazil, former Irish footballer
- Gino Sopracordevole, Italian rowing coxswain
- Gino Gardassanich, member of the United States team at the 1950 FIFA World Cup
Lists having Gino
- Boys names beginning with G
- Girls names beginning with G
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Boy names that ends with -ino
- Baby Names that mean King
- Baby Names that mean Famous
- Baby Names that mean Struggle