Gisella meaning and origin
Unheard-of and Venerable girl name Gisella is of Germanic and Old High German origin, meaning of Gisella is "Hostage, Pledge or Arrow" is used substantially in Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Italian and Swedish. Gisella is variation of acclaimed Giselle. Giselle is French cognate of Gisèle. Queer and Evergreen Giselle has its origin in Germanic and Old High German, Giselle means "Pledge, Arrow and Hostage". Gisella is form of cherished Gisela. Gisela is variant form of widely accepted Giselle. Gisela is form of Names Containing the Name Element Gisl in German language. Isolated and Ever lasting Gisela came from Germanic and Old High German languages, meaning of Gisela is "Hostage and Guarantor". The name is celebrated on May 7th.
Variants of GisellaNames that rhyme with Gisella
Popularity of Gisella
Gisella is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1895 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1895, it ranked 1426th when 67 girl were named Gisella. Over 1337 people have been named Gisella in United States. Gisella is an uncommon baby name in France, in use since 1925, peaked in 1925 when it ranked 1182nd and last appeared in 1971. Gisella is a rare baby name in England and Wales however it is still in use. But Gisella is a popular baby name in Peru where every 1 in 5000 have the name. As per our estimate, over 20000 people has been named Gisella globally.
Gisella in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Gisella
Change your perspective. You are a stubborn person who's ready for a change. You are always there to help people in need with a good advice or do something that would ease up their situation, or at least make them feel more comfortable in their own skin. You predict things before they happen. You can't be offended or insulted by anyone because you know that an insult is an insult if you accept it as your truth.
Do you like Gisella? Read these names too
- Adalrich - Meaning of Adalrich is The Element Adal Which is of the Meaning Noble Honorable or Ruler is used largely in English and German which of Old High German and Germanic origin is bestowed upon boys
- Belanna - Used notably in English and German unorthodox, Belanna is used as a girl name, Belanna means "Bella or Bel-"
- Hildger - The Hildger means "Spear or Struggle" is originated from Old High German
- Dirkea - Dirkea means "Ruler or People" is chiefly used in German and Frisian
- Conrado - Unwonted Conrado is originated from Germanic and Old High German, Conrado means "Advisor, Counsel or Bold" commonly used in Italian and Spanish is bestowed upon baby boys
Namesakes of Gisella
- Gisella Perl, Romanian Jewish gynecologist deported to Auschwitz concentration camp
- Gisella Marengo in La sconosciuta as Actress
- Gisella Arden in movie Mutiny in the South Seas as Actress
- Gisella Ferrini, from 1963 movie Urlo contro melodia nel Cantagiro '63, who portrayed the N.