Hagar name meaning
On This Page
What does Hagar mean?
Used mainly in Finnish, German, Norwegian, Arabic, Swedish, English and Danish uncustomary, Hagar aimed at both sexes, Hagar means "Forsaken, One that Fears, Flight, Escape or City" is originated from Arabic and Hebrew.
Is Hagar a pleasant name for a baby?
Hagar is a beautiful and unique name for a baby girl that has caught the interest of many parents in recent years. It carries an air of mystery and strength, which makes it perfect for parents who want their daughters to grow up strong and fearless.
What's more, Hagar is a name that has been used for generations in various cultures around the world, making it one of those names that truly stands the test of time.
It also has a lovely ring to it when pronounced, with a distinct sound that makes it easy to spell and remember. If you're looking for a name that's not too common but still has plenty of cultural significance and history behind it, Hagar might just be the perfect choice for your little one.
How do I pronounce Hagar?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Hagar is ha-gar.
Variants of HagarNames that rhyme with Hagar
How popular is the name Hagar?
Hagar is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 23 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 152 people have been named Hagar in United States.
It had a short run of 10 years on France girl names chart. But Hagar is a popular baby name in Egypt where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Ghana.
According to our estimate, over 80000 babies have been named Hagar globally.
Hagar in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Hagar?
You always have the best ideas and persistence to realize each and one of them at work. No one dares to say bad things about you. You are a man of your word and it's where your credibility comes from. You are a passionate lover but take people for granted. Positive energy adores your spirit. You enjoy challenges because they force you to extend your limits and give more than you thought you can.
If you like Hagar, you would love these names
- Tahsin - Originated from Arabic, Outlandish Tahsin means "Jewelry or Appreciation" and a gender insensitive name is principally used in Turkish and Arabic
- Kiyan - Majorly used in Arabic and Tamil atypical, Kiyan is used as a gender-neutral name. It is rooted from Indoeuropean, meaning of Kiyan is "Kings or Royal"
- Daniya means Kind Hearted or Close used for baby girls is used especially in Tamil and Arabic
- Abdul-Wahid means Servant of the One is a boy name is used substantially in Sindhi and Arabic
- Sharaf means Eminence or Nobility is a unisex name is used substantially in Arabic and Arabic
Sibling Names for Hagar
Choosing a name for your baby can be a daunting task, especially if you have multiple children to name. If you've already decided on the name Hagar for your little one, then you might want to consider sibling names that complement it well. Here are some great options to inspire you.
For a sister
Names for Hagar's brother
Famous people named Hagar
- Hagar Wilde, writer for Hollywood films and television shows
- Hagar Schon Aaronson Shrieve, supergroup band featuring lead vocalist Sammy Hagar
- Hagar the Womb, English punk rock band
- Hagar, biblical person in the Book of Genesis
- Hagar Ben-Asher in The Slut as Actress
- Hagar Elia in tvShort Domino as Actress
- Hagar Hamdi portrayed minor character of Wahibah in 1944 drama, musical film Sharia Muhammad Ali.
Lists having Hagar
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Stranger
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean City