Jori name meaning
On This Page
What does Jori mean?
Infrequent unisex name Jori is used specifically in English, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish and Swedish, meaning of Jori is "Descend, Farmer, Down Flowing, Variant of the Hebrew Jordan or Descending" has origin in Hebrew.
Jori is a version of prevalent Jory. Jory is variant form of GeorgesGeorge. Unwonted Jory's origin is English, Greek and Old Greek, meaning of Jory is "Worker of the Earth". Jori is variation of biblical Jorma.
Jorma is form of commonly accepted, durable and biblical Jeremiah. Also Jorma is variant of biblical and prominent Jerimiah. Jorma is also a variant of well-known Joren. Jorma is Finnish cognate of Jeremias.
Unorthodox Jorma's origin is Old Greek and Hebrew, meaning of Jorma is "Yahwe Uplifts". Jori is form of Jörgen in Finnish language.
How do I pronounce Jori?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Jori as j(o)-ri.
Variants of JoriNames that rhyme with Jori
How popular is the name Jori?
Jori is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1950 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1995, it ranked 1920th when 72 girl were named Jori.
Over 2135 people have been named Jori in United States. Jori is a rare baby name in England and Wales still in use today. Also, Jori is a familiar name in India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Japan, Philippines and Brazil.
At least, 6000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Jori in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Jori
You are a jealous and passionate lover. Fighting you own battles like a lone wolf makes you feel strong and confident. You sleep a lot because it's your way of escaping reality. Due to your naivety, you are taken advantage of very often. You want to help others and leave an impression. It's time you focus on your career. Once you focus on yourself, you will gain your inner peace back. If the letter I represent your capstone, it means you get easily stressed and distracted by evil people.
Looking for names similar to Jori? Please go through the following names
- Yael - The prevailing unisex name Yael is predominantly used in French, Hebrew and English, Yael means "Mountain Goat, Capricorn or Lord God" is originated from Old English and Hebrew
- Geba means Surrender or From the Hill has its origin in Old High German and Hebrew is a baby girl name
- Liev - Meaning of Liev is Heart of the Lion is used as a baby boy name has origin in Russian-Hebrew
- Noëlla - Meaning of Noëlla is God is with Us came from Hebrew
- Havva means Live or Living is used dominantly in Tamil and Turkish. It is rooted from Hebrew and Turkish is bestowed upon girls
Famous people named Jori
- Jori Hulkkonen, Finnish DJ and a producer of house music
- Jori Chisholm, American professional bagpipe player and teacher
- Jori Lehterä, Finnish professional ice hockey player currently playing for the Philadelphia Flyers
- Jori Woodman in Final Destination as Costume Designer
- Jori Huovinen in short The Band of Fortune as Actor
- In 1923 drama movie, Résurrection, Jori Sarno characterized N.
Lists having Jori
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Farmer
- Baby Names that mean Flowing