Jorma name meaning
On This Page
What does Jorma mean?
The odd boy name Jorma is used primarily in Finnish, Swedish, Danish and Norwegian is originated from Hebrew and Old Greek, Jorma means "Yahwe Uplifts". Jorma is variation of biblical and well-liked Jeremiah.
Jeremiah is variant form of biblical and widely accepted Jeremy. Queer Jeremiah's origin is Hebrew, meaning of Jeremiah is "Lord Exalts, God will Uplift and Exalted By Yahweh Appointed By Yahweh" is chiefly used in Hungarian and English.
Jorma is form of prominent Joren. Joren is a variant of evergreen and saintly George. Joren is Norwegian cognate of Jorunn. Unfamiliar Joren has its origin in Old Greek language, Joren means "Earth Worker".
Jorma is version of darling and biblical Jerimiah. Jerimiah is version of biblical, pleasing and eternal Jeremiah. Jerimiah's meaning is Yahwe Uplifts has origin in Hebrew. Jorma is equivalent of Jeremias in Finnish language.
How do I pronounce Jorma?
The two syllabled name Jorma is commonly pronounced as j(o)-rma. The other ways to say the name is jor-ma.
Variants of Jorma
Middle Names for Jorma
Iron, Sampson, Guin, Urie, Aion, Roey, view more middle names that goes with JormaNames that rhyme with Jorma
How popular is the name Jorma?
Jorma is an uncommon baby name in United States there is very thin chances of it still being given. Jorma is a rare baby name in France and may not be used now since it isn't seen since 1978.
Also, Jorma is a familiar name in Estonia and Canada. At least, 30000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Jorma in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Jorma
You are a wise person. Having the letter A as your capstone reveals your hard-working nature and persistence. Make people feel responsible for their actions so they wouldn't hurt someone else the same way again. They want to be adored and loved by others. If you want to play with the big players, act like one. Try to be more compassionate and humane. You try to teach others to follow your example and work hard on their dreams but they ignore you, thinking you are losing time.
Do you like Jorma? You would love these names
- Solaris - Creative and adventurous and Modernistic Old Greek Solaris is used as a gender insensitive name, meaning of Solaris is "Of the Sun"
- Archimedes - Recent and Unheard-of Archimedes particulary is used in Greek has origin in Old Greek, meaning of Archimedes is "Pondering" is used as a boy name
- Margrete - Outlandish and Quaint girl name Margrete means "The Pearl". It is rooted from Old Greek is majorly used in Scandinavian, Norwegian and Finnish
- Aleksander - Queer boy name Aleksander means "Defender of Men or He Who Wards Off (Other) Men" has its origin in Old Greek language is mainly used in Norwegian and Armenian
- Yorik - The Yorik is originated from Greek, used largely in Breton language, meaning of Yorik is "Worker of the Earth"
Famous people named Jorma
- Jorma Gallen-Kallela, Finnish artist
- Jorma Räty, Finnish weightlifter
- Jorma Katrama, Finnish instrumentalist
- Jorma Ojaharju, Finnish author
- Jorma Hynninen, Finnish baritone
- Jorma Kortelainen, Finnish cross-country skier and rower
- Jorma Etelälahti, Finnish former nordic combined skier
- Jorma Kinnunen, former athlete from Finland
- Jorma Peltonen, Finnish professional ice hockey player
- Jorma Vehmanen, retired professional ice hockey player
- Jorma Valtonen, retired professional ice hockey player
- Jorma Salmi, Finnish professional ice hockey player
- Jorma Suokko, retired professional ice hockey player
- Jorma Rissanen, information theorist
- Jorma Kaukonen, Jorma Ludwik Kaukonen, Jr
- Jorma Ollila, Finnish businessman
- Jorma Panula, Finnish conductor, composer
- Jorma Taccone, American actor, comedian, director, writer
- Jorma Valkama, Finnish athlete
- Jorma Sarvanto, Finnish Air Force pilot and the foremost Finnish fighter ace of the Winter War
- Jorma Tommila in Rare Exports as Actor
- Jorma Falck is notable for his acting in movie Winter of Black Snow
Lists having Jorma
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with J
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Uplifts