Jeremiah name meaning
What does Jeremiah mean?
Jeremiah's meaning is God will Uplift or Exalted of the Lord is of Hebrew origin which is primarily used in Hungarian and English is aimed at both boys and girls. Jeremiah is variant form of lofty and biblical Jeremy. Jeremy is variant of well-known, durable and biblical Jeremiah. Jeremy is English form of Jeremiah. Also Jeremy is English equivalent of Jeremias. Jeremy means Raise Up and The Lord Exalts has its origin in Hebrew.
How do I pronounce Jeremiah?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Jeremiah as j(e)-re-miah.
Variants of Jeremiah
Geremia, Jeremy, Jeremias, Jerr, Jeremi, Remi, Jeremia
Nicknames for Jeremiah
The baby name Jeremiah has plenty of nicknames like:Names that rhyme with Jeremiah
How popular is the name Jeremiah?
Jeremiah was a very popular name in United States. Over 196599 babies have been named Jeremiah since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 2010, the moniker grabbed the 51st spot and 7726 baby boys were given the name. However after 184 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 26 times Jeremiah used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 2065 babies have been given the name in 23 years. At its zenith in 2016,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Jeremiah is common in Ireland where over 2622 new-borns have been given the name since 1964. At the peak of its usage in 1964, the moniker grabbed the 39th spot and 162 baby boys were given the name.
Jeremiah is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 450 on boy names chart when 34 babies were named Jeremiah. Over 148 babies in Netherlands have been named Jeremiah. The name is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 32 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 193 babies that have been given the name Jeremiah in France. It also recently appeared in Belgium baby boy names chart.
But Jeremiah is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Philippines, Malawi, Liberia and Ghana. At least, 270000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Jeremiah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Jeremiah?
You work hard to become a better person for yourself, and for the people you love. Peace, balance, harmony, honesty, and fairness describe your soul the best. Your soul is so sensitive that it allows you to feel other people's pain and suffering. Learn from their experiences. Having vowel E as your first one in your name represents your sensitivity. You don't believe in second chances. You don't even use your intuition when it comes to important life decisions.
Looking for names similar to Jeremiah? Please go through the following names
- Madelyn - Madelyn's meaning is Of Magdala is originated from Hebrew and is used largely in English is used for both boys and girls. In 2018, celebrated Madelyn was the 72nd most popular name on baby girl chart in United States
- Spela - Meaning of Spela is My God is Abundance or My God has Sworn has origin in Hebrew and is principally used in Slovenian is used for girls
- Giusseppe - Boy name Giusseppe means "God Adds" and originated from Hebrew is used chiefly in Italian
- Juanito means Little John, God is Merciful or Yahweh is Gracious came from Hebrew and is used for both genders is notably used in Spanish
- Nahara - Recent and Odd Nahara is used mainly in Hebrew is originated from Aramaic, Nahara means "Light" is given to baby girls
Middle names for Jeremiah
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Jeremiah, we've got you covered with these attractive and familiar middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Jeremiah.
Celebrity Baby News
- The Duggar Family Celebrates The Birth Of Jeremiah & Hannah's Daughter Brynley Noelle
The Duggar clan is growing again! Jeremiah Duggar, the youngest of the 19 famous siblings and his wife, Hannah Wissmann, have welcomed their first child together, a daughter named Brynley Noelle. This little bundle of joy arrived earlier than expected on Christmas Day and was a much-anticipated addition to the large family.
Famous people named Jeremiah
- Jeremiah Markland, English classical scholar
- Jeremiah Burrell, lawyer and judge in western Pennsylvania
- Jeremiah Clarke, English baroque composer and organist, best
- Jeremiah Joyce, English Unitarian minister and writer
- Jeremiah Chirau, notable figure among Rhodesia's chiefs
- Jeremiah Chase, American lawyer, jurist, and land speculator
- Jeremiah Jenks, American economist, educator
- Jeremiah O'Brien, captain in the Massachusetts State Navy
- Jeremiah Evarts, Christian missionary, reformer
- Jeremiah Burnham Tainter, inventor and engineer
- Jeremiah Dyson, British civil servant and politician
- Jeremiah D. M. Ford, Ph
- Jeremiah Radcliffe, English priest, scholar and translator
- Jeremiah Colegrove, was born to William Colegrove in Scituate
- Jeremiah French, soldier
- Jeremiah Hacker, reformer and journalist
- Jeremiah Morris, Morris, influential in Los Angeles theater
- Jeremiah Shepard, American Puritan minister and the youngest son of Thomas Shepard
- Jeremiah Crabb, United States Representative from Maryland
- Jeremiah Cosden, American politician
- Jeremiah Benettis, Italian writer and Friar Minor Capuchin
- Jeremiah Burroughs, English Congregationalist and a well-known Puritan preacher
- Jeremiah James Harty, American prelate of the Catholic Church
- Jeremiah O'Leary, Jeremiah Aloysius Patrick O'Leary, Jr
- Jeremiah N. Reynolds, American newspaper editor, lecturer
- Jeremiah Wood, American lawyer and politician
- Jeremiah Farrell, American professor emeritus of mathematics at Butler University
- Jeremiah Curtin, American ethnographer, folklorist, and translator
- Jeremiah Burton, farmer
- Jeremiah Brown, Whig member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Jeremiah Joseph Callanan, Irish poet born in County Cork, Ireland
- Jeremiah Thompson, New York merchant, ship owner, Quaker, officer
- Jeremiah Rankin, abolitionist, champion of the temperance movement
- Jeremiah Borst,
- Jeremiah W. Farnham, American merchant sailor and sea captain
- Jeremiah Driver, English first-class cricketer,
- Jeremiah Jordan, Irish nationalist politician from County Fermanagh
- Jeremiah Langhorne, prominent landowner and jurist
- Jeremiah M. Wilson, U.S. Representative from Indiana
- Jeremiah H. Pierson, American politician from New York
- Jeremiah D. Botkin, U.S. Representative from Kansas
- Jeremiah Bailey, United States Representative from Maine
- Jeremiah Dixon, English surveyor and astronomer
- Jeremiah P. Ostriker, astrophysicist and a professor of astronomy at Columbia University and is the Charles A. Young Professor 'Emeritus' at Princeton where he also continues as a Senior Research Scholar
- Jeremiah O'Sullivan, Irish-born clergyman of the Roman Catholic Church
- Jeremiah Coffey, seventh Roman Catholic Bishop of the Diocese of Sale
- Jeremiah McLain Rusk, U.S. Representative
- Jeremiah S. Black, American statesman and lawyer
- Jeremiah Green, founding member and drummer of the indie rock band Modest Mouse
- Jeremiah Morrow, Democratic-Republican Party politician from Ohio
- Jeremiah Denton, Jeremiah Andrew Denton Jr
- Jeremiah Clemens, U.S. senator and novelist
- Jeremiah Trotter, former American football linebacker
- Jeremiah Wadsworth, American sea captain, merchant, and statesman
Lists having Jeremiah
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Hungarian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Jer
- Girl names that ends with -iah
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (1984)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Uplifts
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Appointed