Josephus name meaning
On This Page
What does Josephus mean?
Used majorly in Latinized unfading and famous, Josephus is used customarily as a baby boy name is of Hebrew origin. Josephus is variant form of biblical and eminent Joseph. Joseph is Latin cognate of Ιωσηφ, the Greek Spelling of the Hebrew Name יוֹסֵף Meaning He Will Add.
Joseph means God will Increase, God Shall Add a Another Son and It will Enlarge is of Hebrew origin.
Does Josephus sound like a good baby name?
Josephus is a great name for a baby boy. Its origins are Hebrew and its meaning of "Jehovah increases" certainly reflects the joy parents experience when they have a new baby in their lives.
This name conveys both strength and optimism, and sounds very masculine. Josephus is a unique name that stands out from other more common names, while still being easy to pronounce. It also has biblical connotations which could offer spiritual guidance as the child grows up.
All in all, Josephus is an excellent choice for parents looking for a strong, meaningful and unique baby boy's name.
How do I pronounce Josephus?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Josephus as j(o)-se-phus.
Variants of JosephusNames that rhyme with Josephus
How popular is the name Josephus?
Josephus is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1882 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1897, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 787 on boy names chart when 28 babies were named Josephus.
There are over 1200 babies that have been given the name Josephus in United States. Josephus is a common name in Sierra Leone, Belgium, Liberia and Philippines while somewhat familiar name in South Africa, Indonesia, Ghana and Brazil.
As per our research, over 10000 babies have been bestowed Josephus around the globe.
Josephus in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Josephus
You are not very excited when it comes to meeting new people because you expect disappointment. Although you can't stand in one place for too long, if something catches your attention, you are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done perfectly. You can spend a whole day on meditation instead of exercise and feel equally productive, or even more. As every person has its flaws, you are not an exception.
Other names similar to Josephus, for soon-to-be-parents
- Sarlic - Origin of Sarlic is in Hebrew, meaning of Sarlic is "Form of God and Prince" is a baby boy name. Sarlic is derivation of Sar.
- Manolo - Unexpected Manolo dominantly is used in Italian, Hindi and Spanish came from Hebrew bestowed upon boys, meaning of Manolo is "Born of Mind, A Form of Emmanuel God is with us or God be with us"
- Isaiah - Notably used in Bengali and Oriya long standing and preeminent, Isaiah came from Hebrew, meaning of Isaiah is "Yahweh is Salvation, God's Helper or Gods Helper" is aimed at both genders. On baby boy chart, illustrous Isaiah captured 51st position in 2018 in United States
- Shifra - Shifra's meaning is Ever More Beautiful is a girl name especially used in Hebrew came from Hebrew
- Mehetabel - Mehetabels origin is Hebrew, meaning of Mehetabel is "Who God Benefits" is a boy name
Famous people named Josephus
- Josephus Flavius Cook, American philosophical lecturer, clergyman
- Josephus Nicolaus Laurenti, Austrian naturalist and zoologist of Italian origin
- Josephus Stevenot, American entrepreneur and U.S. Army officer
- Josephus Daniels, newspaper editor and publisher from North Carolina
- Josephus S. Cecil, United States Army officer
- Josephus, first-century Romano-Jewish scholar
Lists having Josephus
- Boy names beginning with J
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Jose
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Increase
- Baby Names that mean Jehova
- Baby Names that mean Increases
- Baby Names that mean Enlarge
- Baby Names that mean Adds
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Son