Lala meaning and origin
Unfading and Illustrous Lala dominantly is used in Hindi, Slavic, Marathi, Czech and Arabic, meaning of Lala is "Tulip, Well Spoken, Biggest, Domination, Glory or Flower" used as a gender insensitive name is rooted from Arabic, Slavonic and Spanish. Lala is variation of cherished and leading soaring Layla. Layla is variation of well-liked and ever lasting Leila. Of Arabic origin, Well-Liked and Ever lasting Layla, Layla means "Intoxication and Dark Beauty". Lala is abridged form of Ladislava. Ladislava is a version of fresh Vladislava. Ladislava is feminine form of Ladislaw. Also Ladislava is an effeminate variant of Ladislaus. Dominant and Venerable Slavonic and Old Slavic Ladislava is used mainly in Czech and Slavic languages, meaning of Ladislava is "Rule and Domination". Lala is short of Esmeralda. Esmeralda is equivalent of emerald in Spanish language. Also Esmeralda is Spanish and Greek cognate of Emerald. Prevailing and Ceaseless Esmeralda has its origin in Latin, Spanish and English, Esmeralda means "The Prized Green Gem Stone, Precious Stone and Emerald".
Variants of LalaNames that rhyme with Lala
Popularity of Lala
Lala is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1884 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1900, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 725 on girl names chart when 39 babies were named Lala. There are over 1703 babies that have been given the name Lala in United States. Lala is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 44 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 307 babies that have been given the name Lala in France.
However things change on global perspective, Lala is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 8000 have the name as well as in Nepal. Also the baby name is popular in Madagascar, Mali, Indonesia, Pakistan and Egypt. According to our research, over 460000 babies have been named Lala globally.
Here's what numbers has to say about Lala
You never get too obsessed with a person because you know that everything in life is temporary, especially relationships. Appreciate yourself and your partner more. Otherwise, you'll end up alone. You can't stand people without a purpose. Not everyone will be there to help you when you need a hand, just like you are there for everyone. You have to learn that what you give is what you get in life.
You would love these names similar to Lala
- Farnaz - Meaning of Farnaz is Splendid or Glorious came from Old Persian and is bestowed upon baby girls is specifically used in Arabic and English
- Zaiyaan is used majorly in Tamil and Marathi, Zaiyaan means "Wild Jasmine or Bright or Graceful" is given to baby boys
- Yasha - Uncustomary Yasha predominantly is used in Oriya, Bengali and Russian aimed at both genders, meaning of Yasha is "Fame or Defends Man" is originated from Hebrew
- Insaf chiefly is used in Arabic and Arabic aimed at both genders has its origin in Arabic, meaning of Insaf is "Impartiality or Equity"
- Ayyash - Creative and adventurous and Fresh boy name Ayyash is used in Sindhi and Arabic, meaning of Ayyash is "Bread Seller or Bread-seller"
Namesakes of Lala
- Lala Sukuna, Fijian chief, scholar, soldier, and statesman
- Lala Mara, Fijian chief,
- Lala Meredith-Vula, English and Albanian Kosovian artist and photographer
- Lala Hansraj Gupta, Indian educationist
- Lala Ram Prakash Gupta, eminent freedom fighter and social worker of Punjab
- Lala Amarnath, Indian cricketer
- Lala, Indian recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Lala Karmela, Indonesian-Filipino singer and songwriter
- Lala Lajpat Rai, Indian freedom fighter
- Lala Şahin Pasha, first Beylerbey of Rumelia
- Lala Deen Dayal, Indian photographer
- Lala Mustafa Pasha, Ottoman general and Grand Vizier
- Lala Shevket, Azerbaijani politician
- Lala Roque in Lala & Ronnie Love Story as
- Lala Huete in El laberinto del fauno as Costume Designer
- Lala Kanian in Al-Faitha as Actress
- Lala Lloyd in Fiend Without a Face as Actress
- Lala Cochran acted in short Wheels
- In 1936 drama movie, Jego wielka milosc, Lala Górska characterized Jas Kruczek.
- Lala Yaqoob, from 1950 drama film Beqasoor, who characterized Ghanshyam.
- In 2018, Lala Zhu played the role of N in horror flick Inside The Boys.