Layla meaning and origin
Soaring and Popular Layla prevalently is used in Tamil, Finnish, English, Danish, Norwegian, Hindi, Arabic, African and Swedish, meaning of Layla is "Night Beauty, Wine, Born at Night, Seductive, Overnight or Babies At Night" has its roots in Arabic is used as a gender insensitive name . Layla is version of lofty and perpetual Leila. Leila is variant form of lofty and sky-scraping Layla. Also Leila is form of mainstream rising, evergreen and widespread Laila. Prevalent and Mainstream Rising Leila is originated from Persian and Arabic languages, Leila means "Night, Night Beauty and Dark as Night".
Variants of Layla
View middle names that goes with Layla like Kailyn, Nia, Vete, Janine, Vernice, Azariah,Names that rhyme with Layla
Popularity of Layla
Layla is a very popular name in United States given to over 87335 babies in 67 years. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2017, it ranked 26th when 6471 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 10 times Also, Layla was among the popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 19235 babies have been given the name. At its zenith in 2012, 1796 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 29th position. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 10 times
Layla used to be a common name in Ireland, first appeared in 1983 and over 1659 babies have been given the name in 27 years. At its zenith in 2016,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 27 years but it is still going strong. Also, Layla is a common name in New South Wales given to over 2554 babies in 16 years. When at its peak in 2014, 217 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 28th position. Also, In Queensland, Layla was once a common name since emerging in 2006 it has been given to over 1855 babies. At its zenith in 2019,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 14 years but it is still going strong. Also, Layla is common in Victoria where over 1235 new-borns have been given the name since 2008. Presently the name is rising, in 2013, 144 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 31st position.
Layla is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1957 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1978, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 574 on girl names chart when 94 babies were named Layla. Over 1822 babies in France have been named Layla. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 300 names. Recently in 2018, 62 babies were given Layla and it reached its peak ranking, 219 on girl names chart. Over 269 babies in Netherlands have been named Layla. Also, in Western Australia, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 90 babies were given Layla and it reached its peak ranking, 19 on girl names chart.
Layla is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 181 on girl names chart when 44 babies were named Layla. There are over 389 babies that have been given the name Layla in Switzerland. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 335 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Layla. Over 458 people have been named Layla in Belgium.
Layla is a rare baby name in Northern Territory where it is still in use and also in Western Australia. But Layla is a popular baby name in Bangladesh where every 1 in 8000 have the name as well as in, Morocco, Sudan, Egypt and Somalia. As per our estimate, over 110000 people has been named Layla globally.
Layla in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Layla?
Small successes don't feed your soul. You like to be a part of the big game. If letter A is your capstone in your name, you are romantic by nature. However, you are also interested in action. You love life and life loves you. When it comes to love, you are the jealous partner with a low self-confidence. You are trustworthy and hate liars who obsess over material things. Your soul is so sensitive that it allows you to feel other people's pain and suffering.
Other names similar to Layla
- Isha - Used majorly in Bengali and Sikh unheard-of, Isha is of Sanskrit origin, Isha means "Faculty, Purity or Another Name of Durga" is used as a gender insensitive name
- Ruhab is used mostly in Arabic and Arabic bestowed upon both boys and girls, Ruhab means "Our who Keeps Promise, Our who Keeps One's Promise or The One who Brings Happiness"
- Nurani - Nurani's meaning is Luminous is used majorly in Sindhi and Tamil is given to both sexes
- Sabari - Meaning of Sabari is One who Lives In Sabari Hill, Vareigated or Belongingto the Sabara Tribe used for both sexes is used principally in Marathi, Sanskrit and Kannada
- Mazhar - Unconventional and Modernistic Mazhar has its origin in Arabic, Mazhar means "Manifestation, Phenomenon or Image" bestowed upon baby boys is used mainly in Arabic and Sindhi
Namesakes of Layla
- Layla Fakhro, pioneering Bahraini woman
- Layla Kayleigh, British-American TV personality
- Layla El, English dancer, model
- Layla Al-Attar, accomplished Iraqi artist and painter
- Layla Wheeler in Haunted Hero as Actress
- Layla Lopez in The 2012 Miss USA Pageant as
- Layla Monroe in as
- Layla Rose Cotter in Baby Come Home as Actress
- Layla Price in If Night Comes as Actress
- Layla LaShell in Going Hog Wild as Actress
- Layla Labelle in Tight as
- Layla Summers in Mr. North as Actress
- Layla Aldridge in movie Hard Men as Actress
- Layla Olwi characterized the leading role of Mohga Abdulrahman in 1988 crime and romance film Gharam El Afaie.
- Layla Fawzi, from 1959 drama and romance flick Min ajal emraa, who played N.
- Layla Fahmy played the main character of N in 1959 drama and musical movie Hasan wa Naimah.
Lists having Layla
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ayla
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Dark
- Baby Names that mean Beauty
- Baby Names that mean Wine
- Baby Names that mean Night
- Baby Names that mean Companion