Malinda name meaning
On This Page
What does Malinda mean?
Noteworthy and All time favorite girl name Malinda means "Melissa, Gentle One, -Inda, Tender, The Noble Way or Native of Magdala" commonly used in English and Greek came from English, Old Greek and Latin.
Also Malinda is form of Melinda in English language. Also Malinda is form of Melissa in English language.
How do I pronounce Malinda?
The two syllabled name Malinda is commonly pronounced as m(a)-lin-da. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., mal(i)-nda.
Variants of MalindaNames that rhyme with Malinda
How popular is the name Malinda?
Malinda is a common name in United States given to over 20888 babies in 139 years. Presently the name is rising, in 1881, 460 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 251st position.
In addition to that, the name has been in But Malinda is a popular baby name in Sri Lanka where every 1 in 1000 have the name. As per our research, over 50000 people has been named Malinda globally.
Malinda in Nordic countries
Here's what numbers has to say about Malinda
You have a plan on changing the world. However, in order to do it, teach people how to change themselves first. You can't be around superficial minds that only care about gossip and getting through the day. You like to observe things and people. You prefer to have people work on your success instead of working on it yourself. Your friends have a hard time decoding your mood. You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye.
Looking for a name like Malinda? Please go through the following names
- Carin - Prevalent girl name Carin is specifically used in English and Norwegian which is rooted from Latin and Old Greek, meaning of Carin is "Pure, Dear Little One or The Pure"
- Perrette - Of Latin origin, Perrette means "Rock or Rock"
- Paolina - Meaning of Paolina is Weak or The Humble is originated from Latin and is aimed at baby girls is primarily used in Italian
- Orell - Used specifically in German and Swiss German unusual, Orell means "Both a Surname or a Place Name, Gold Made or Ore Hill" is came from Latin is used as a unisex name
- Onorato - Latin name Onorato means "Worthy of Honor or Honor" and is bestowed upon baby boys is majorly used in Italian
Famous people named Malinda
- Malinda Blalock, female soldier during the American Civil War
- Malinda Williams, American actress and producer
- Malinda Warnapura, former professional Sri Lankan cricketer
- Malinda Cramer, founder of the Church of Divine Science, a healer
- Malinda Baker in Lawless as Actress
- Malinda McCollum in Into the Wild as Actress
- Malinda Money in High School Musical as Actress
- Actor Malinda Bryant, renowned for movie One Man War
- In 2017 horror, thriller film, The Crossbreed, Malinda Farrington played Maria.
Lists having Malinda
- Girl names beginning with M
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -linda
- Girl names that starts with Mal
- Baby Names that mean Gentle
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Honey
- Baby Names that mean Tender
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Magdala