Christa meaning and origin
Meaning of Christa is Anointed, Form of Christopher, Christ-bearer, Christian Woman, Belonging to Christ or The Anointed One is originated from Latin which is used in English, German, Danish, Swedish, Greenlandic, Finnish, Norwegian, Scandinavian and Icelandic is a unisex name . Christa is short form of Christiane. Christiane is version of biblical and pleasing Christian. Also Christiane is variant form of perpetual and biblical Christiana. Christiane is effeminate version of Christian. Well-Liked Christiane is originated from Latin, Christiane means "The Anointed One, Christian and Christian Woman". Christa is form of Christina in German language. Also Christa is form of Christiana in German language. It is celebrated on December 15.
Variants of ChristaNames that rhyme with Christa
Popularity of Christa
Christa was a popular name in United States. Over 32680 babies have been named Christa since 1912. At the peak of its usage in 1986, 1513 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 178th position. But after 111 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 500 baby names 28 times Christa is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1931 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1942, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 260 on girl names chart when 73 babies were given the name Christa. There are over 1058 babies that have been given the name Christa in France.
Christa is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 150 babies that have been given the name Christa in England and Wales. Christa is a rare baby name in Ireland there is very thin chances of it still being given. However things change on global perspective, Christa is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 200 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Austria, South Africa and Canada. At least, 700000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Christa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Christa?
Make people feel responsible for their actions so they wouldn't hurt someone else the same way again. You like people too but prefer your solitude. Not being focused on building an impressive career doesn't mean you should stay uneducated and blind. You love people back but not with the same intensity they love and care about you. Make new mistakes and stop obsessing over old ones. Good things don't just fall from the sky. You have to earn them. You know this.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Christa
- Digne - The girl name Digne is originated from Latin, Digne means "Worthy, The Word Dignus Which Means Worthy and Dignity". Digne is a derivative of Digna.
- Renny - Unisex name Renny came from Latin is used in Danish and Swedish. Renny is German form of Renne
- Lorenc - Of Latin origin, Lorenc is specifically used in Albanian, Lorenc means "Laurel" is aimed at boys
- Aegle - Girl name Aegle means "Light, Radiance or Glory" and is dominantly used in English and Latin has origin in Greek
- Verah - Origin of New-fangled and Atypical Verah is in Latin, meaning of Verah is "Shy and Trustworthy" is bestowed upon baby girls. Verah is derivation of Vera.
Namesakes of Christa
- Christa Ludwig, retired German dramatic mezzo-soprano, distinguished for her performances of opera, Lieder
- Christa Winsloe, German-Hungarian novelist, playwright and sculptor
- Christa Klaß, German politician
- Christa Worthington, United States fashion writer
- Christa Gietl, Italian luger who has competed since 1994
- Christa Czekay, West German sprinter
- Christa McAuliffe, American teacher and astronaut from Concord
- Christa Wolf, German literary critic, novelist, and essayist
- Christa Miller, American actress
- Christa B. Allen, American actress
- Christa Prets, Austrian politician and Member of the European Parliament
- Christa Speck, German model and actress
- Christa Luding-Rothenburger, former speed skater and track cyclist
- Christa Bauch, professional female bodybuilder from Germany
- Christa Hughes, Australian singer, circus performer and comedian
- Christa Johnson, American professional golfer
- Christa Sauls, American model and actress
- Christa Stubnick, retired East German sprinter
- Christa Kinshofer, former German Ski Racer and business woman
- Christa Borden, Canadian pop singer
- Christa Rigozzi, Swiss model and actress that was crowned Miss Switzerland 2006 on September 9
- Christa Ackroyd, British journalist and broadcaster
- Christa Calamas, Florida lawyer
- Christa Abel is famous for her acting in movie Die Liebesv�gel - K�ss mich da, wo ich es mag...
- Christa Barrymore, from 1973 horror movie Riti, magie nere e segrete orge nel trecento..., who portrayed the Christa.
- In 1990 film, Night Dreams, Christa Boggs played Keri.
- In 1974 comedy movie, Frauen, die für Sex bezahlen, Christa Free portrayed Lara.
- In 1959, Christa Gottschalk portrayed the role of Thekla Wiesner in drama film Reifender Sommer.
- Christa Linder played important character of Erika in 1973 action and adventure flick Blue Demon y Zovek en La invasión de los muertos.
- Christa Löser, from 1978 comedy and drama film Sieben Sommersprossen, who portrayed Frau Kränkel.
- Christa Oenicke characterized critical character of Prinzessin Rosine in 1955 family and fantasy flick Der gestiefelte Kater.
- In 1927, Christa Tordy characterized the role of N in film Potsdam, das Schicksal einer Residenz.
- In 1959 family, fantasy movie, Die Bremer Stadtmusikanten, Christa Welzmüller portrayed Katze.
- Christa Helm played the central character of Jackie Broke in 1974 action, comedy film Let's Go for Broke.
- Christa Kimlicko-Jones, from 2012 drama, family flick Themes & Intermissions, who characterized Sharon.
- In 2012 biography and drama film, Renoir, Christa Théret characterized Andrée Heuschling.
- In 2009, Christa Nicole Wells characterized the role of Jess in comedy, romance film Mark of Love.
- Christa Pasch portrayed the central character of Krista in 2019 comedy flick 36 Husbands.
- In 1996, Christa Azzola portrayed the role of Die Frau des Zöllners in drama, thriller film Lethe 2014.
Lists having Christa
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Chris
- Girl names that starts with Chris
- Baby Names that mean Anointed
- Baby Names that mean Christian
- Baby Names that mean Christ
- Baby Names that mean bearer
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Disciple
- Baby Names that mean Belonging
- Baby Names that mean One