Margaux meaning and origin
Widespread girl name Margaux means "The Pearl" has its origin in Old Greek is used mainly in Finnish, French, Danish, Swedish, English and Norwegian. Margaux is a version of evergreen and saintly Margaret. Margaret is form of ever lasting and famed Marguerite. Margaret is English cognate of Margareta. Margaret means Jewel and Name of a Saint has its origin in Old Greek. Margaux is a form of perennial, customary and saintly Margot. Margot is derived from Marguerite. Margot is diminutive of Marguerite. Also Margot is shortened form of Margarete. Margot is also a short version of Margaretern European. Margot is French equivalent of Marguerite. Margot means The Pearl and Child of Light came from Old Greek. Margaux is a resultant of Marguerite. Marguerite is French and English cognate of Margaret. Also Marguerite is equivalent of Margarita in French language. Prevalent Old Greek and French Marguerite, meaning of Marguerite is "The Pearl". The name is celebrated on November 16th.
Variants of MargauxNames that rhyme with Margaux
Popularity of Margaux
Margaux was among the popular names in France. Since emerging in 1966 around 57920 babies have been given the first name. When at the peak of its usage in 1999, it ranked 23rd when 2835 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 43 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 24 times
A common name in United States with over 2766 new-borns have been given the name since 1975. At its zenith in 2017, it ranked 1274th when 183 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, In Belgium, Margaux was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 4606 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1999,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Margaux is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 900 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 808 on girl names chart when 48 babies were named Margaux. There are over 332 babies that have been given the name Margaux in England and Wales. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 160 on girl names chart when 48 babies were named Margaux. Over 689 people have been named Margaux in Switzerland.
Margaux is a rare baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. Also, Margaux is a familiar name in Philippines, South Africa, Canada and England. As per our estimate, over 60000 people has been named Margaux globally.
Margaux in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Margaux?
You are an exceptional person, a good listener for your friends and family, but shy as a lover. Your failures motivate you. Your life interests change as you change, constantly. Sometimes you feel like you are born to win, and other times you refer to yourself as a born loser. When you are having hardships, you feel like the world's falling apart when it's not. You can spend a whole day on meditation instead of exercise and feel equally productive, or even more.
Do you like Margaux? Other names you would love
- Larisha - Unconventional girl name Larisha means "The Lovely and Seagull" used substantially in Tamil has its origin in Old Greek language. Larisha is derivation of Larissa.
- Cindel - Cindel's meaning is Abbreviation of Cynthia or Lucinda or Way is originated from German and Old Greek and is used principally in English is used for girls
- Ekaterini - Uncommon girl name Ekaterini is especially used in Greek language, Ekaterini means "Pure"
- Sandros - Boy name Sandros has origin in Old Greek, meaning of Sandros is "Defender of Men, Defender of Men and He Who Wards Off (Other) Men" is used specifically in Greek. Sandros is a short of Alexandros.
- Myrthe - Myrthes origin is Old Greek and English is a baby girl name, meaning of Myrthe is "Myrtos or Myrtle" is used dominantly in Danish and Greek
Namesakes of Margaux
- Margaux Hemingway,
- Margaux Châtelier in Belle et Sébastien as Actress
- Margaux Susi in Beneath the Ink as Actress
- Margaux Mireault in #Pilot as Actress
- Margaux Kelley in Welcome Home as Actress
- Margaux Billard in In Transit as Actress
- Margaux Harris in A Few Best Men as Actress
- Margaux Guerard in Goodfellas as Actress
- Margaux Rossi in Episode #1.5 as Actress
- Margaux LaPointe is noted for directing short Price of Life
- Margaux Chatelier played the important role of Angelina in 2015 adventure, family film Belle et Sébastien, l'aventure continue.