Memphis name meaning
What does Memphis mean?
Of Egyptian and Old Greek origin, Renowned Memphis bestowed upon both boys and girls, Memphis means "Enduring And Beautiful or From Memphis Ancient Egypt" is especially used in English.
How about the name Memphis for a baby?
Memphis is a unique and distinctive name that has become increasingly popular in recent years. What sets it apart from other names is its strong and powerful sound, which often elicits a sense of confidence and strength. It's also an Egyptian name, which adds an air of mystery and exoticism to the name. Memphis has a timeless quality to it - it's not too trendy or too traditional, making it a great choice for parents who want something distinctive but not over-the-top. Additionally, the name carries the beautiful meaning of "enduring" and "beautiful," which only serves to enhance its appeal even further. Overall, Memphis is a standout name that is sure to make an impression wherever it goes!
Variants of MemphisNames that rhyme with Memphis
How popular is the name Memphis?
Memphis is a popular in United States where over 7033 new-borns have been given the name since 1915. Currently the name is hotter than ever, 638 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 458th position. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 1 times Memphis is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 470 on boy names chart when 30 babies were named Memphis.
Memphis is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 28 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 282 babies in England and Wales have been named Memphis. In France, it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 1996 when it ranked 2553rd. Memphis is a rare baby name in Netherlands however it is still in use. Also, Memphis is a familiar name in Ghana. At least, 7000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Numerological analysis of Memphis
Learn to be strong and perceptive. You should understand not everyone has the same expectations and wishes out of life and themselves. If you have letter S as your capstone, you don't respect people who don't respect themselves. You are deeply related to the 5 senses. You are passionate but shy to make the first step. You always give the best ideas at work but lack of ideas when it comes to your personal life.
Looking for a name like Memphis? Please go through the following names
- Siria - Atypical Siria is used mostly in Danish and Swedish aimed at girls has its origin in Old Greek, Siria means "Seirios"
- Véro - Véro means "Bearer of Victory" is originated from Greek language
- Dorothéa - Meaning of Dorothéa is Gift or God is rooted from Greek, mostly used in German
- Haidée - Of Greek origin, Haidée means "Humble or Caressing Tenderly"
- Ilka - Rarefied Ilka is used largely in Frisian and Russian, Ilka means "Heitere or Shining" is of Slavonic and Hungarian origin is a girl name
Famous people named Memphis
- Memphis Minnie, blues guitarist, vocalist
- Memphis Slim, American blues pianist, singer, and composer
- Memphis Bleek, American rapper mainly
- Memphis La Blusera, Argentine blues/rock band created in 1978 and split
- Memphis, musical duo consisting of long-time friends Torquil Campbell and Chris Dumont
- Memphis Industries, British independent record label
- Memphis Blake in Jersey Shore XXX as Actress
- Memphis Monroe in Lethal Obsession as Actress
Lists having Memphis
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- Egyptian Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Enduring
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Ancient