Ilka meaning and origin
Unorthodox Ilka's origin is Old Greek, Hungarian and Slavonic is used principally in Hungarian, Russian and Frisian is a baby girl name, meaning of Ilka is "The Torch, Heitere or Shining". Ilka is short form of Hilaria. Hilaria is a feminine variation of Hilary. Also Hilaria is feminine version of Hilarius. Hilaria means Happy, The Cheerful and Content has its origin in Latin. Also Ilka is Hungarian and Slavic cognate of Helen. Also Ilka is Hungarian and Slavic cognate of Ilona.
Variants of IlkaNames that rhyme with Ilka
Popularity of Ilka
Ilka is an uncommon baby name in United States, where it had been in use for 29 years, last appeared in 1998 and made just beyond the top 4000 names. There are over 246 babies that have been given the name Ilka in United States. Ilka is a rare baby name in France where it is still in use. And also in Belgium. But Ilka is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 4000 have the name as well as in Brazil. At least, 50000 people globally have carried Ilka as their given name according to our findings.
Ilka in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Ilka?
Stop undervaluing love and relationships. You are not a fan of monotony and you can't stand people who just dwell in their comfort zone, waiting for something to happen. Staying true to yourself and realizing your promises is what gives you credibility. Explore yourself more. You change your mind quickly and fall in love with people who are your total opposite. It's so hard to find someone who fights for true values and doesn't pretend to be something he's not.
Other names similar to Ilka
- Dorotea - Used primarily in Faroese and Danish long standing and unorthodox, Dorotea is originated from Old Greek and is aimed at baby girls, Dorotea means "Gift of God"
- Astrée came from Greek, meaning of Astrée is "Constellation of the Virgin"
- Akzel - Unusual and Modern boy name Akzel means "Father of Peace and (God The) Father is Peace" is originated from Old Greek and Scandinavian languages. Akzel is another transcription of Aksel.
- Jorgette - The girl name Jorgette is rooted from Old Greek, Jorgette means "Farmer and Earth Worker". Jorgette is derived from Georgia.
- Joren - Chiefly used in Swedish and Danish eminent, Joren is originated from Old Greek, meaning of Joren is "Earth Worker" is aimed at both genders
Namesakes of Ilka
- Ilka Pálmay, Hungarian-born singer and actress
- Ilka Gedő, Hungarian painter and graphic artist
- Ilka Chase, American actress of stage, television and film
- Ilka Tanya Payán, Dominican-born actress and attorney
- Ilka Grüning, was
- Ilka Urbach in Eye of the Storm as Set Decorator
- Ilkay Kayku Atalay in Beni Affet as Actress
- Ilkay Silk in Open Heart as Actress
- Ilka Windish in Taras Bulba as Actress
- Ilka Bournier in TV series Paraíso as Actress
- Ilka Soares played central character of Helen in 1952 drama movie Modelo 19.
- Ilka Teichmüller characterized central character of Haley in 1995 fantasy flick Cosmo.
- Ilka Zafirova, from 1965 drama flick Valchitsata, who played the Valchitsata.