Myrta meaning and origin
Myrta means Myrtos or Myrtle is majorly used in Swedish, Greek, German, Danish and Finnish used as a girl name has origin in English and Old Greek. Myrta is variant of Myrto. Myrto is Latin cognate of The Greek Name Μυρτώ from Greek Μυρτος = Myrtle. Myrta is version of imperishable and pleasing Myrtle. Myrtle is English form of Myrtille. Meaning of Myrtle is A Flower, Botanical Name and The Myrtle is a Dark Green Shrub with Pink or White Blossoms is originated from Old Greek and English.
Variants of MyrtaNames that rhyme with Myrta
Popularity of Myrta
Myrta is an uncommon baby name in United States, where it had been in use for 87 years, last appeared in 1987 and made just beyond the top 400 names. There are over 956 babies that have been given the name Myrta in United States. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1921 and achieved its top most rank of 904 in 1933. Myrta is a common name in Switzerland while somewhat familiar name in Puerto Rico, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Germany, Paraguay, Haiti and Mexico. At least, 5000 people globally have carried Myrta as their given name according to our research.
Here's what numbers has to say about Myrta
When you are having hardships, you feel like the world's falling apart when it's not. People don't concern you much, meaning there are only a few people you trust in your life. You can stare at a wall and not feel bored because of your busy mind. Planning is what keeps your mind in shape. Do what your heart tells you to do. Otherwise, you will end up unhappy. You love your freedom and respect other people's freedom too.
Other names similar to Myrta, for would be moms
- Peony - Odd girl name Peony is used specifically in English which came from Old Greek, meaning of Peony is "Giving Praise"
- Ameleo - Boy name Ameleo means "Man who is Carefree" is originated from Old Greek. Ameleo is resultant of Amalio.
- Maria-Thérèsa - Meaning of Maria-Thérèsa is Princess of the Sea is originated from Greek and Hebrew
- Parisa - Of Old Persian, Old Greek and Arabic origin, Unfamiliar Parisa bestowed upon girls, Parisa means "Like Paris, Angelic or Like a Fairy" is especially used in Danish and Malayalam
- Thesyus - Thesyus's meaning is Orders is rooted from Old Greek is bestowed upon baby boys. Thesyus is resulted from Theseus.
Namesakes of Myrta
- Myrta Silva, musical artist
- Myrta Pulliam, American journalist
- In 1922 drama, romance flick, Shackles of Gold, Myrta Bonillas played Marie Van Duser.