Nilda meaning and origin
Trendy Nilda's origin is Germanic and Old High German is a girl name, primarily used in Finnish, Swedish, Italian, Danish, Norwegian, Spanish and Portuguese, meaning of Nilda is "Brunni, Hiltja or Blessed". Nilda is version of Nilla. Nilla is version of Names Ending In -Nilla, -Nille. Nilla is resulted from Nila. Nilla is Estonian cognate of Nils. Also Nilla is Sami cognate of Nils?. Prevailing Nilla has its origin in African-Mende and Sanskrit, Nilla means "Full Moon and Enchanting Moon". Nilda is diminutive of Brunhilde. Brunhilde is a variant of prevalent and evergreen Bruno. Brunhilde is equivalent of Brunhild in German language. Brunhilde's meaning is Breastplate, Shield and Struggle is rooted from Old High German. Nilda is celebrated on August 13th.
Variants of NildaNames that rhyme with Nilda
Popularity of Nilda
A common name in United States having over 3240 recievers in 98 years of usage. When at its peak in 1957, it ranked 950th when 117 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Nilda is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1950 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1956, it ranked 1300th when 27 girls were named Nilda. There are over 214 babies that have been given the name Nilda in France.
Nilda is an uncommon baby name in Belgium still in use today. However things change on global perspective, Nilda is extremely popular in Argentina where every 1 in 400 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Brazil, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Peru, Paraguay, Venezuela, Cuba, Bolivia, Uruguay and Chile. At least, 400000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
What numerology tells about Nilda?
You don't care about how others see you as long as you are feeling good about yourself. In order to gain more than you already have, you need to take uncalculated risks and see where they take you. Use your mind and position to do great things you will be remembered for. You secretly believe that you are a genius. You always do it with a purpose, and that's to teach others what you've learned. You have a hard time analyzing yourself but have no problem analyzing others.
If you like Nilda, you would love these names
- Durs - Meaning of Durs is Bear or Giant is originated from Old High German
- Tinkara - The girl name Tinkara is chiefly used in Slovenian is originated from German, Tinkara means "-Tine or -Tina"
- Liduvina - Outlandish Liduvina is originated from Germanic bestowed upon baby girls, Liduvina means "Friend of the Village"
- Welf - Welf's meaning is Cub or Puppy is rooted from Old High German
- Edmé means Wealth or Protection has its origin in German
Namesakes of Nilda
- Nilda Garré, Argentine lawyer, politician, and diplomat
- Nilda Duplessy characterized leading character of Gisèle in 1925 adventure flick Barocco.
- Nilda Muñoz, from 1992 comedy, mystery flick ¿Y ... dónde está el muerto?, who played the N.