Padraig meaning and origin
Primarily used in Irish and Scottish frequently used, Padraig is originated from Latin is a boy name, meaning of Padraig is "Noblewoman or Nobleman". Padraig is resulted from Patrick. Patrick is form of Patricius in English language. Prevalent Patrick came from Latin, meaning of Patrick is "Nobleman and Noblewoman".
Variants of PadraigNames that rhyme with Padraig
Popularity of Padraig
Padraig was a common name in Ireland. Over 5303 babies have been named Padraig since 1964. At its zenith in 1987,. However after 56 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Padraig is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1982 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 2009, it ranked 2283rd when 57 boy were named Padraig. Over 732 people have been named Padraig in United States.
Padraig is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 23 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 1000. Over 237 babies in England and Wales have been named Padraig. Also, Padraig is a familiar name in Northern Ireland, England and Australia. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Numerological analysis of Padraig
You respond to occurrences in an unusual, impulsive but also creative way. What fulfills your soul is your professional success. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions. People often mistake you for a fool but you always find an indirect way to prove them wrong. You don't have a perfect life but who does? At least, your life is worth admiring. You never stress over difficult times or problems because you know that everything has an ending point.
Do you like Padraig? Other names you would love
- Poul - The unexpected choice baby boy name Poul is chiefly used in Scandinavian and Greenlandic has its origin in Old Greek and Latin, Poul means "The Humble or The Small"
- Gloriane - Infrequent girl name Gloriane is used predominantly in English, Gloriane means "Glory or Glorious Grace" has its origin in Latin
- Jost came from Latin and Breton languages bestowed upon baby boys and is used in Danish, German and Norwegian, meaning of Jost is "Warrior or Lord"
- Norine - Durable and Loved Norine notably is used in Swedish, Danish and English is a girl name, meaning of Norine is "Wealth or Honor" came from Greek and Latin
- Valentina - Of Latin origin, Famed and All time favorite Valentina is used as a gender-neutral name and is majorly used in Tamil and Swedish, Valentina means "The Word Valens Which is of the Meaning Healthy Strong or The Strong"
Namesakes of Padraig
- Padraig Clancy, Gaelic footballer from County Laois
- Padraig O'Malley, Irish peacemaker
- Padraig Parkinson, Irish professional poker player
- Padraig O'Keeffe, noted Irish traditional musician
- Padraig Marrinan, Irish painter
- Padraig O'Connor, Irish soccer player
- Padraig Dully, retired Irish footballer
- Padraigin Murphy in Blackjack as Actress
- Padraig Reynolds in Rites of Spring as Writer
- Padraig O'Loinsigh acted in movie The Killing Zone