Ramsey name meaning
On This Page
What does Ramsey mean?
Ramsey's meaning is From Ram's Island, Wild Garlic, Rams Isl or the Raven Island used for both sexes and is used primarily in Scottish and English has its origin in Old English.
How do I pronounce Ramsey?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Ramsey as r(a)-msey. It can also be pronounced as ram-sey.
Variants of RamseyNames that rhyme with Ramsey
How popular is the name Ramsey?
Ramsey used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1894 and over 7442 babies have been given the name in 157 years. When at its peak in 1980,.
However after 157 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Ramsey is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1997 but could not make beyond the top 2000.
There are over 172 babies that have been given the name Ramsey in England and Wales.
Ramsey is a common name in Malawi while somewhat familiar name in Nigeria, Philippines, Ghana, Kenya, England, Indonesia, Liberia, Canada, DR Congo and South Africa.
At least, 10000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Numerological aspects of Ramsey
Changes don't represent a problem for you. On the contrary, you are all about change. When it comes to love relationships, you are loyal and passionate but don't trust your partner. Criticism helps you become better than you were yesterday. You are a hard candy when it comes to romantic relationships. Remember that life is to have fun and don't worry much. When it comes to love, you can't stand a monogamous relationship.
Looking for a name like Ramsey? Please go through the following names
- Edwaldeo - Boy name Edwaldeo means "A Wealthy Ruler and Wealthy Ruler" is originated from English. Edwaldeo is derived from Edwald.
- Hort - Of Old English origin, Hort bestowed upon boys, Hort means "Stag Hill and From the Garden Estate". Hort is short version of Horton.
- Fenner - Queer boy name Fenner means "An Able-Bodied Man" came from English
- Prentys - Prentyss origin is Middle and English is a baby boy name, meaning of Prentys is "Learner, Apprentice and An Apprentice". Prentys is resulted from Prentice.
- Huxeforde came from English, meaning of Huxeforde is "From Hugh's Ford and From Hughs Ford" is a boy name. Huxeforde is resulted from Huxford.
Middle names for Ramsey
We've compiled a list of the rising and in vogue middle names for Ramsey below.
View more middle names that goes with Ramsey.
Famous people named Ramsey
- Ramsey Campbell, English horror fiction writer
- Ramsey Clark, American lawyer
- Ramsey Lewis, Ramsey Emmanuel Lewis Jr
- Ramsey Muir Withers, Canadian Army Officer and Chief of the Defence Staff
- Ramsey Nouah, Nigerian actor
- Ramsey Scott in No Country for Old Men as Stunts
- Ramsey Williams in Dr. T and the Women as Actress
- Ramsey Hanchette in Red Band as Actress
- Ramsey Robinson acted in movie Your Friends Close
- In 2012, Ramsey Nasr played the role of Hendrick Goltzius in biography and comedy flick Goltzius and the Pelican Company.
- In 1921 mystery flick, A Voice in the Dark, Ramsey Wallace portrayed Harlan Day.
Lists having Ramsey
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Ram
- Baby Names that mean Island
- Baby Names that mean Wild
- Baby Names that mean Raven