Kyle name meaning
On This Page
What does Kyle mean?
The name Kyle is of Scottish origin and means "narrow land strip". It is also sometimes used as a diminutive form of Kyril or Kylan. Early records of the name date back to the 12th century in Scotland, making it one of the oldest Scottish surnames.
The name has been borne by various notable people throughout history, including a 16th-century Archbishop of Glasgow, an 18th-century Scottish philosopher, and a 20th-century American actor.
There are a number of famous people named Kyle, including:
-Kyleakin was the home of Viking chieftain Thorfalv the Black – it was situated on the Isle of Skye in Scotland.
-Kyle Chandler is an American actor, best known for his roles in Friday Night Lights and Early Edition.
-Kyle Katarn is a Star Wars character, a former Imperial officer turned Rebel agent.
He appears in several games in the series, as well as the Expanded Universe.
-Kyle XY is a science fiction television series that aired on ABC Family from 2006 to 2009. It follows the life of a teenage boy (played by Matthew Fox) who awakens with no memories and discovers he has mysterious powers.
-Kyle MacLachlan is an American actor, best known for his role as FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper in Twin Peaks.
If you're trying to decide on a name for your baby, we hope this article has helped you understand why Kyle is such a good choice.
It's strong and traditional, yet still unique enough to be memorable. Plus, it has a great meaning behind it. We wish you all the best as you continue your journey of parenthood!
How do I pronounce Kyle?
Two syllabled Kyle is most commonly pronounced as k(y)-le.
Variants of Kyle
Nicknames for Kyle
Since the given name Kyle is such a short name, it is hard to converge any further but we managed scrape out few options:
How popular is the name Kyle?
Kyle was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 488125 babies have been given the given name in 209 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1990, the moniker grabbed the 18th spot and 22699 baby boys were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 209 years but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 21 times Also, Kyle was a popular name in England and Wales.
Over 27992 babies have been given the moniker in 23 years. At the peak of its usage in 1996, it ranked 37th when 2205 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 11 times
Kyle was a common name in Ireland.
Over 4206 babies have been named Kyle since 1986. When at its peak in 2004,. However after 29 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Also, A common name in France having over 1487 recievers in 31 years of usage.
Presently the name is rising, in 2014, it ranked 451st when 129 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, In New South Wales, Kyle was once a common name since emerging in 1985 it has been given to over 4457 babies.
At its zenith in 1998,. After 21 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Kyle was a common name in Queensland. Over 3064 babies have been named Kyle since 1986.
At its zenith in 1998,. After 20 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Kyle is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 400 names.
In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 380 on boy names chart when 26 babies were named Kyle. Over 385 babies in Belgium have been named Kyle. The name is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland still in use today.
Over 107 people have been named Kyle in Switzerland. But Kyle is a popular baby name in Canada where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, England and South Africa.
According to our estimate, at least 520000 people have been bestowed Kyle around the globe.
Kyle in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Kyle?
The soul is more important to you than your body. You are capable of great achievements. You can spend a whole day on meditation instead of exercise and feel equally productive, or even more. When having a hard time in life, you always rely on yourself and prefer to fight your fights alone. The letter K as your cornerstone reveals you are an introvert who enjoys solitude. You are easily adaptable to changes and used to take the high road to success.
If you like Kyle, you would love these names
- Killiane is originated from Irish and Celtic bestowed upon girls, Killiane means "Quarrelsome or Gaillard"
- Donne - The infrequent unisex name Donne is majorly used in English, Donne means "World Ruler, In Mythology the Irish Donn was Known as King of the Underworld or Form of Donn" has origin in Celtic
- Ciana - Uncommon girl name Ciana is originated from Celtic and Hebrew, used mostly in English and Italian languages, meaning of Ciana is "Reddish Orange-brown and Orange-Red Which was First Used In 1760 and Derives from Italian Terra Di Sienna = Earth of Siena, a City In Central Italy, Where the Coloring Material was First Produced". Ciana is resulted from Sienna.
- Eunan came from Celtic is particulary used in Scottish and Irish, meaning of Eunan is "Fearful One" is aimed at baby boys
- Gorden means Hill Near Meadows or Triangular Hill is originated from Celtic is a boy name is used chiefly in Swedish, Danish and Finnish
Famous people named Kyle
- Kyle Gann, American professor of music, critic, analyst
- Kyle Chapman, New Zealand political activist
- Kyle Singer, American soccer player
- Kyle Jones, professional musician
- Kyle Velasquez, #REDIRECT Columbine High School massacre#11:29 a
- Kyle Vander-Kuyp, indigenous Australian athlete of the Worimi and Yuin tribe of North and South Coast New South Wales
- Kyle Foggo, former American government intelligence officer
- Kyle Kaplan, American actor
- Kyle Hollingsworth, American rock keyboard player best
- Kyle Johnson, American actor
- Kyle Meredith Phillips Jr., Kyle Meredith Phillips Jr
- Kyle Lake, was pastor of University Baptist Church
- Kyle Peschel, video game producer, director and editor
- Kyle Horch, classical saxophonist
- Kyle Rankin, filmmaker
- Kyle Wealleans, former New Zealand cricketer
- Kyle Schroeder, XFL defensive tackle for the Birmingham Thunderbolts
- Kyle Sweeney, American professional lacrosse player
- Kyle Snyder, Private First Class and combat engineer with the 94th Engineers based at Fort Leonard Wood
- Kyle Israel, starting college football quarterback for the UCF Knights football team at the University of Central Florida
- Kyle MacLachlan, American actor
- Kyle Gass, American musician and actor best
- Kyle McCulloch, Canadian writer for the TV cartoon 'South Park'
- Kyle E. McSlarrow, former Deputy Secretary of the United States Department of Energy and Congressional candidate
- Kyle Labine, Canadian actor
- Kyle Shewfelt, Canadian gymnast
- Kyle Secor, American television and film actor
- Kyle Martino, American former professional soccer player and currently a TV soccer analyst and host
- Kyle Beckerman, American soccer player
- Kyle Boller, former American football quarterback
- Kyle Brandt, American television host, media personality
- Kyle Janek, State Senator
- Kyle Orton, former American football quarterback
- Kyle Massey, American actor, rapper, and singer from Atlanta
- Kyle Baker, American cartoonist, comic book writer-artist
- Kyle Korver, American professional basketball player for the Utah Jazz of the National Basketball Association
- Kyle Cooper, American designer
- Kyle Petty, American former stock car racing driver
- Kyle Busch, American professional stock car racing driver and team owner
- Kyle Farnsworth, former professional baseball pitcher
- Kyle Snyder, former Major League Baseball relief pitcher and current pitching coach for the Tampa Bay Rays
- Kyle Rae, Canadian consultant and former politician
- Kyle Lowder, American actor
- Kyle Lohse, American former professional baseball pitcher
- Kyle Field, musical artist
- Kyle Riabko, singer, guitarist, composer and actor
- Kyle Chandler, American actor
- Kyle Sandilands, Australian radio host living in Sydney
- Kyle Moore-Brown, former Arena Football League offensive lineman/defensive lineman for the Albany/Indiana Firebirds and the Colorado Crush
Lists having Kyle
- Boys names beginning with K
- Girls names beginning with K
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2009)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2005)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2006)
- Baby Names that mean Narrow
- Baby Names that mean Channel
- Baby Names that mean Place
- Baby Names that mean Wood
- Baby Names that mean Church
- Baby Names that mean Fair
- Baby Names that mean Handsome
- Baby Names that mean Crowned
- Baby Names that mean Laurel
- Baby Names that mean Victory
- Baby Names that mean Slender