Magdalena name meaning
On This Page
What does Magdalena mean?
Trendy and Ever lasting unisex name Magdalena means "Woman from Kynthos, Of Magdala, Villager of Galilee or Magdalene" and of Hebrew origin is especially used in Finnish, Old Norse, English, Portuguese, Scandinavian, Spanish, Faroese, Swedish, Dutch, Czech, Polish, Danish, Icelandic, German and Norwegian.
Magdalena is equivalent of Μαγδαληνη Which is a Greek Form of a Hebrew Epithet: in Latin language. The name is celebrated on July 22nd.
Is Magdalena a suitable baby name?
Magdalena is a beautiful and unique name for a baby girl. It has its roots in Greek culture, and its meaning is "Woman from Magdala." This name has a strong association with Mary Magdalene, who was one of Jesus Christ's closest followers.
Magdalena sounds elegant and sophisticated, making it an ideal choice for parents who want to give their daughter a distinctive name. It rolls off the tongue easily and has an alluring quality that captures attention.
The name also has many variations such as Madgaline, Magdelina, Madelena or Madeline which gives parents more options to choose from depending on their preference. Overall, if you are looking for a unique and meaningful name for your baby girl, then Magdalena would be an excellent choice!
How do I pronounce Magdalena?
The three syllabled name Magdalena is pronounced, m(a)-gdale-na. It can also be pronounced as mag-da-lena.
Variants of MagdalenaNames that rhyme with Magdalena
How popular is the name Magdalena?
Magdalena was a common name in United States. Over 17700 babies have been named Magdalena since 1880. At the peak of its usage in 1882,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 141 years but it is still going strong.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in Also, Magdalena is a common name in France given to over 2184 babies in 76 years. At present the name is rising, in 1980, it ranked 353rd when 103 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Magdalena is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 2012, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 712 on girl names chart when 57 babies were named Magdalena.
Over 619 people have been named Magdalena in England and Wales. Magdalena is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 285 (2011) in its 14 years run on Ireland naming chart.
Over 122 babies in Ireland have been named Magdalena. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 400. There are over 375 babies that have been given the name Magdalena in Switzerland.
In Belgium, it has been in use since 1997 and achieved its top ranking of 800 in 2015.
However things change on global perspective, Magdalena is extremely popular in Poland where every 1 in 50 have the name as well as in Mexico.
Also the baby name is popular in Tanzania, Philippines, Germany, Indonesia, South Africa, Spain, Argentina, Guatemala, Peru, Czech Republic, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Bolivia, Ecuador, Bulgaria, Austria, England, Romania, Brazil, Namibia, Venezuela and Equatorial Guinea.
At least, 1670000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Magdalena in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Magdalena
You need to open up and allow your closest ones to enter your real world. You like to think you are an intuitive person but you are not. You want to be in control of your life and emotions. People see you as their leader because of your attitude, determination, and creative thinking. You are courageous but stubborn when convinced you are doing things the right way. In order to achieve something great and unseen so far, you have to rely on your talents, creativity, and intuition.
You would love these names similar to Magdalena
- Rosanne - Popular unisex name Rosanne is rooted from Latin and Italian and is principally used in English, Norwegian and Finnish languages, meaning of Rosanne is "Compound of Rose or Anne or Anna". On baby girl chart, popular Rosanne ranked 495 in year 1960 in United States
- Altha - Chiefly used in English age-old and predominant, Altha is originated from Latin and Old Greek, meaning of Altha is "Healer or With Healing Power" is aimed at both sexes
- Fern means Darling or A Fern Plant in general used for both sexes mainly used in English has origin in Gothic and English
- Nickolas - Nickolas's meaning is Victory of the People is used as a gender-neutral name which is rooted from Old Greek is notably used in Danish and Finnish
- Bridgett - Used prevalently in Finnish, English and Swedish eminent, Bridgett has origin in Celtic, Bridgett means "The Exalted One" is used for baby girls
Middle names for Magdalena
Here are some flourishing and familiar middle names we think go great with Magdalena, we've got you covered with these flourishing and familiar middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Magdalena.
Famous people named Magdalena
- Magdalena de la Cruz, Franciscan nun of Córdoba in Spain
- Magdalena Dobromila Rettigová, was Czech writer
- Magdalena Kožená, Czech mezzo-soprano
- Magdalena Samozwaniec, Polish writer
- Magdalena Trzebiatowska, Polish contemporary painter
- Magdalena Aicega, retired field hockey player from Argentina,
- Magdalena Jalandoni, Filipino feminist writer
- Magdalena Khristova, Bulgarian athlete
- Magdalena Andersson, Swedish politician of the Moderate Party
- Magdalena Mikloș, former Romanian handball player of Hungarian ethnicity
- Magdalena of Saxony, was Margravine of Brandenburg
- Magdalena Abakanowicz, Polish sculptor and fiber artist
- Magdalena Forsberg, former Swedish cross country skier and biathlete
- Magdalena Maleeva, Bulgarian former professional tennis player
- Magdalena Wróbel, model best known as the former spokesmodel for Wonderbra's Three Degrees of Wonder
- Magdalena Sibylle of Saxe-Weissenfels, German noblewoman
- Magdalena Grzybowska, former Polish tennis player
- Magdalena Sánchez, Venezuelan singer
- Magdalena of France, French princess, and regent of Navarre during the minority of her children
- Magdalena Kochan, Polish politician
- Magdalena Neuner, retired German professional biathlete
- Magdalena Graaf, Swedish model, singer, and author
- Magdalena Leska, Polish-American figure skater
- Magdalena Sroczyńska, Polish former competitive pair skater
- Magdalena Nieć, Polish actress
- Magdalena Kowalczyk in Das Wunder von Köln as Actress
- Magdalena Stefka in Tekuca traka as Actress
- Magdalena Kurek in Episode #1.1 as Actress
- Magdalena Komornicka in Schindler's List as Actress
- Magdalena Brzeska in Show #316 - Schmusen für Schumi as
- Magdalena De Santo in No moriré sola as Actress
- Magdalena Morgan in Episode #1.695 as Actress
- Magdalena Boczarska in Rózyczka as Actress
- Magdalena Grochowska in I vicerè as Actress
- In 2000 drama film, Egoisci, Magdalena Cielecka portrayed Anka.
- In 1994, Magdalena Dandourian played the role of Nadia in action and crime film Psy 2: Ostatnia krew.
- Magdalena Mielcarz, from 2001 drama flick Quo Vadis, who characterized the Lygia.
- Magdalena Montezuma played leading character of Anna, The Mother in 1986 drama, musical flick Der Rosenkönig.
- In 1992, Magdalena Ritter portrayed the role of Moeder in drama film De zondagsjongen.
- Magdalena Zawadzka played minor character of Kasia in 1964 comedy, romance flick Rozwodów nie bedzie.
- In 2002, Magdalena Hrubá characterized the role of Magdalena In movie Láska shora.
- Magdalena Flores played leading character of N in 2007 drama movie Ópera.
- In 2014, Magdalena Czerwinska played the role of Maria Skowronska in drama film Matka.
- Magdalena Franco portrayed the crucial role of N in 1956 drama movie Rosalba.
- Magdalena Aguer, from 2005 movie Tómalo con calma, who portrayed the Lucrecia.
- Magdalena Poplawska portrayed critical role of Monika in 2017 comedy, drama movie Atak paniki.
- In 2015, Magdalena Combes characterized the role of N in drama movie Adagio.
- Magdalena Delmari, from 2005 horror, thriller film Comatose, who portrayed N.
Lists having Magdalena
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Czech Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Polish Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lena
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Magdala
- Baby Names that mean Villager