Keegan name meaning
On This Page
What does Keegan mean?
Frequently Used Keegan is used mostly in Hindi, Irish and English has its origin in Old Irish and Celtic bestowed upon both sexes, Keegan means "Little Fiery One, Descendant of Aodhagán or The Word Mac Which Means Son".
How is Keegan seen as a baby name?
Keegan, an Irish-origin baby boy name, exudes a sense of strength and charisma. It's a name that is easy to pronounce and spell, yet has a unique sound to it.
Keegan is not excessively popular, making it an excellent option for parents who want something distinctive but not too unusual. The name has a certain charm about it that makes it appealing to many people.
It also carries connotations of fire or flame, which can symbolize passion and intensity. As such, Keegan is a perfect choice for parents who want their son's name to evoke qualities like bravery and determination.
How do I pronounce Keegan?
Two syllabled Keegan is most commonly pronounced as ke(e)-gan.
Variants of KeeganNames that rhyme with Keegan
How popular is the name Keegan?
Keegan was a popular name in United States. Over 38010 babies have been given the given name in 94 years. At its zenith in 2007, the moniker grabbed the 222nd spot and 1706 baby boys were given the name.
However after 94 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 29 times Keegan is a common name in England and Wales given to over 2135 babies in 35 years.
Recently peaking at the charts, it ranked 306th when 147 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
In Ireland, Keegan is a unique name where it has been in use since 2007 and has secured the place in top 300 names.
Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 205 on boy names chart when 27 babies were named Keegan. There are over 140 babies that have been given the name Keegan in Ireland.
Keegan is an uncommon baby name in France, in use since 2000, peaked in 2016 when it ranked 2892nd.
Keegan is a common name in South Africa and Zambia while somewhat familiar name in China, Singapore, Canada, Hong Kong, Malawi, Australia, Trinidad and Tobago, England, Tanzania and Kenya.
At least, 40000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
What numbers say about Keegan?
If you get too attached to everyone, what will you do when if they leave one day? You want to inspire people to do more in life and thrive to accomplish more. Expressing your emotions is what you are good at. You are probably gifted with great physical and spiritual energy that you use to help people. You are an independent, free soul. You are a born teacher, philosopher, educator, or researcher.
Looking for a name like Keegan? Please go through the following names
- Gaël - Boy name Gaël came from Old Norse and Celtic which is notably used in French and Danish languages, meaning of Gaël is "Gaelic, Who Invaded the British Isles or Settled In Wales or About 500 Bc Before Our Era"
- Anne-Claire - Girl name Anne-Claire is originated from Latin and Celtic, meaning of Anne-Claire is "Gracious"
- Dev - Offbeat Devs origin is Sanskrit and Celtic is a boy name, meaning of Dev is "God or Abbreviation of Names Beginning with Dev" is used dominantly in Malayalam and English
- Briac - The Briac has its origin in Celtic, meaning of Briac is "Consideration or Esteem"
- Denzell - Trendy Denzells origin is Celtic is a baby boy name particulary used in English, meaning of Denzell is "From Denzell, A Place in Cornwall or Fort"
Famous people named Keegan
- Keegan de Lancie, American actor and son of actor John de Lancie and Marnie Mosiman
- Keegan Connor Tracy, Canadian actress
- Keegan Meth, Zimbabwean cricketer
- Keegan Daniel, South African rugby union player
Lists having Keegan
- Boys names beginning with K
- Girls names beginning with K
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Fiery
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Descendant
- Baby Names that mean Son